For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Enter.

Excuse me? 2 veteran TE, 2 fairly high Drafted TE's. Wallace, all pro Hartline, and Gibson, + 7 others in camp, and perhaps someone releases a proven vet the next 2 weeks.
RB's yes, a question there, but Miller showed he has the stuff. Durability the question. The Fins SHOULD have picked up a veteran RB, didn't. I bet they will.
No excuses for Tannehill. You have to expect 20+TD's, 13 or less INTS. 3200k+ yards. That's only 200 or so yards a game.
If LT holds up, those figure had better be higher. Tipped passes better be down, or they might NEVER be down. That's due in part to the stare down.
BTW, to the OP, who died and made you judge and jury? The # of posts doesn't necessarily equate to the quality of the posts.

Many of us, fans since 1966, have seen the erosion of this franchise due to poor ownership, bad GM's/coaches, which led to some of the worst drafting in the NFL.
We, those perhaps older than you, are ENTITLED to feel like our allegiance, though as strong as ever, is being stretched to the breaking point.
I don't do fantasy football, like many here, so the Dolphins (and my Canes) are IT! PERIOD.
Your apparent disdain for those that have eyes, an observe the success of guys like Russell Wilson, and Colin Kaepernick (whom we could have taken) are understandably a bit unnerved.
It's not OUR fault that Tanny played 19 college games, and Ireland grabbed him. Tanny is who he is, I wish him the best, but he's now learning on MY time.

I have hopes, not high hopes as yet, but HOPES that Tanny will not play with the "deer i the headlights" look as he did against Dallas, and that against a 2nd string defense. 2 throws yards behind his receivers.
Excoriate me all you wish, but you invited me here, and I accepted the invitation.
Thanks for that, BTW.

Off topic- Are you the same IMAWriter from Herald days?

The only thing we know about Tannehill, SO FAR, is that he has a beautiful wife, and potential. Stay tuned.

My cousin is a die hard 49er fan. Up until Kap took the startling job last year, he was seen as a liability whenever Harbaugh brought him in on option plays to mix up the offense. By the end of the season, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Prior to last season he was just the second round rookie on the bench.

Point is you cannot predict the success of a developing QB. To try is futile. Tannehill has had 35 starts since high school! Let the guy develop.

Please don't make sense,I will have to call the "over hype police."

Here's a thought. I do not think that Luck, RG 3, and Wilson are going to be as good as last year. Teams adapt to players after a year of film to take them apart, and this will happen.

RT is different. He played with maybe half the play book, and is still somewhat unknown. This is a good thing.

Your were probably the same guy back in the day calling chad henne a future hall of fame qb. Look time will tell if tannehill is a franchise qb.

The same front office that took henne and pat white? I like tannehill but remember who's in charge.

I have not seen hardly anyone bashing him or dismissing him. I don't know what you are talking about. Many are claiming it's way to ealy to tell...and they should be. There are far more people over hyping Tannehill than there are people under hying him. I have only seen like one person saying they are done with him, and that person is an idiot.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - En...

The same front office that took henne and pat white? I like tannehill but remember who's in charge.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

A GM's job isn't to decide who to pick. It's to decide who to pick that best fits his head coach's game plan. When Sparano was here (and Parcells) Ireland was told to get big lineman, QB's that fit Parcell's blueprint (if you don't know what his blueprint was ask or google it) and to fill in the gaps everywhere else. Football had passed Parcells by. Ireland did what he could. Now that Philbin is here things are changing; as evidenced by this last FA and draft.

A GM's job isn't to decide who to pick. It's to decide who to pick that best fits his head coach's game plan. When Sparano was here (and Parcells) Ireland was told to get big lineman, QB's that fit Parcell's blueprint (if you don't know what his blueprint was ask or google it) and to fill in the gaps everywhere else. Football had passed Parcells by. Ireland did what he could. Now that Philbin is here things are changing; as evidenced by this last FA and draft.

Our gm thought that Henne was every bit as good as Matt Ryan lets quit defelecting blame on his picks its was a group effort. Our gm also like Mark Sanchez. No real difference in choosing James Martin or Jake Long. Why are people acting like we are choosing such different FA's and draft picks. When we took Karlos Danby or Brandon Marhsall how was that any different

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - Ente

It amazes me that when the mistakes of a player are debated and opinions are shared, a few over zealous fans think hatred is being spewed. And some of you wonder why Omar Kelly makes remarks about the fan base being uneducated about the QB position. A bad remark on his part but his feeling is certainly understandable.

I'm going to make every attempt to be civil in this thread.

Where...WHERE the heck do you come from? The Tannehill doubters. Those who are ready to rain on his parade. Ready to dismiss him. Ready to say "He's not progressing fast enough." Ready to GUARANTEE that the Dolphins "move on" from Tannehill if he doesn't become a star this year. Those of you who would chide those of us who have hope about him.

Newsflash: You're insane.

You want to know what we see? We see FLASHES of greatness. Right now, he's not a great NFL QB. We KNOW this.

But we see a lot. We see potential. We see a Quarterback who has started a grand total of 35 games since HIGH SCHOOL. Don't like his learning curve? Thank God there are people in the Dolphins front office who are smarter than you.

His learning curve, compared to most current NFL QBs...is nearly vertical.

He gives us more hope at the QB position than this franchise has had this MILLENNIUM. If, for whatever reason, you can't get on board with it, then you can sincerely cram it up your ###.

Because he gives us hope. And we have every right to have that.

"I'm going to make every effort to be civil"

"You're insane, cram your views up your ###"

Nice job. U mad people on the internet disagree with u bro?

Here's a thought. I do not think that Luck, RG 3, and Wilson are going to be as good as last year. Teams adapt to players after a year of film to take them apart, and this will happen.

ya, with 15 years of tape on Peyton Manning, the league is taking him apart.

:rolleyes:

tannenhill hasn't looked very good these first 2 preseason games so its no surprise he is receiving some critics.

For Pete's Sake. Those of you who say "What has Tannehill shown so far?" - En...

Our gm thought that Henne was every bit as good as Matt Ryan lets quit defelecting blame on his picks its was a group effort. Our gm also like Mark Sanchez. No real difference in choosing James Martin or Jake Long. Why are people acting like we are choosing such different FA's and draft picks. When we took Karlos Danby or Brandon Marhsall how was that any different

Nope. Parcells loved Henne. Henne fit his model type QB'S. If Ireland liked him why would he then choose a completely different QB prospect? It's because Sherman and Philbin like Tanny. Again, the GM gets the players he thinks will fit his coaches team. He doesn't get a player, especially a QB, and tell his coach to work with it and change their philosophies.

Back
Top Bottom