For the Chase naysayers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Chase naysayers

I am scared of of chase a little. I could be wrong but I don't see any elite traits and I don't fully believe his unofficial 40 time.

Devonta Smith I at least know has elite agility at the least.

Again I could be wrong it's just the way I feel.
Did you sleep through the 2019 college football season? Because Chase was the best WR in college the last time he stepped on the playing field and it wasn’t even close.

I love Smith and Waddle and would be happy with either of them at 6. Yet Chase is going to be an elite NFL WR no matter where he ends up.

If we are going to target an Edge in the 1st I hope it involves a trade down and that's how I voted. If your going to pick what I think would be a project there better be more potential coming with it.

Did you sleep through the 2019 college football season? Because Chase was the best WR in college the last time he stepped on the playing field and it wasn’t even close.

I love Smith and Waddle and would be happy with either of them at 6. Yet Chase is going to be an elite NFL WR no matter where he ends up.

I didn't watch every LSU snap but his highlight tape is a lot of pushing off and jump balls and busted coverage. Although I do think he is great at run after the catch. He seems like a strong bull once he's running.

We can't draft 3 players with one pick so. We should be able to draft one of Chase/Pitts/Smith
Don’t forget Waddle. He was the #1 WR for Alabama before breaking his ankle. I would be happy with any of the three WR’s or Pitts at 6. I would also be okay with Sewell, even though the Dolphins taking Sewell at 6 would infuriate a large percentage of the posters on Finheaven.

With QB’s going 1-3, I have no doubt the Dolphins will end up with an elite player at 6.

This article can be found on NFL.com

Over the past two college football seasons, Pro Football Focus has Chase with the most touchdown receptions of 20-plus yards (14). Pretty crazy, considering the guy opted out of the 2020 season. In 2019, no college receiver was more open on passes intended to travel 10-plus air yards (as measured by percentage of targets with at least 3 yards to work with). Chase's speed on yards earned after catching his targets featured the least erosion (a proxy for fatigue) between the start and end of games in the SEC -- quite an impressive feat in that conference, particularly in that year. He led the FBS in tight-window receptions (20) and receiving yards on such catches (423), per PFF, while racking up a robust 684 yards after the catch.
Also in the same article it says this about Smith, "Smith's consistent route running and ability to earn separation give him the highest projected floor and ceiling in this class of wideouts. The Heisman Trophy winner had the highest percentage of receptions in which he had more than 3 feet of separation at the time of the catch despite a defender being within 3 feet of him on the path of the route. This advantage carries over into yards after the catch; Smith's ability to increase his speed once he had the ball in his hands was the third-best in the FBS this season. Pro Football Focus measured him as the most effective receiver against press coverage across the board in 2020, with Smith leading the FBS in receptions (65), receiving yards (1,144) and TDs (13) against press." I feel the Dolphins can't really go wrong with any of the top 4 receivers (this includes Pitts)

"no college receiver was more open on passes" ..... "He led the FBS in tight-window receptions"

I'm confused, can he get separation or not. The problem with our current receivers is they can't get separation.
Both can be true... he was usually wide open, but even when he was covered, he made the play.

You have to believe the team will lean on Tua a bit to help with the WR evaluations.

If Chase is a better fit, I believe Tua would be the first to say it, behind closed doors. Plus he might be salty about Smith’s comments about the Mac Jones comparison.

Just saying, Tua obviously has a unique prospective of the top WRs in this class.

You have to believe the team will lean on Tua a bit to help with the WR evaluations.

If Chase is a better fit, I believe Tua would be the first to say it, behind closed doors. Plus he might be salty about Smith’s comments about the Mac Jones comparison.

Just saying, Tua obviously has a unique prospective of the top WRs in this class.
There is no question that the coaches have already asked him for his opinions. They may not heed them, but they'd be wise to do so.

Back
Top Bottom