For the Jaelan Phillips doubters... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Jaelan Phillips doubters...

MiaFins31

Active Roster
Reaction score

Please watch this video of him after he was drafted last night. He is genuinely excited to be a Miami Dolphin. That’s the kind of players we want. Listen to his answers. They ask him about making music in Miami and he gives the absolute best response. Please watch this and tell me you ain’t loving this dude already.

My favorite quote of his from this video... “LA made me but Miami saved me”. That’s what I’m talking about big fella.

According to Peter King's report a week or two ago, the "retirement" was as much or more related to Phillips not liking/having issues with the UCLA coaches than it was to the concussions. He considered music at that time b/c his family has a huge music background (apparently his grandfather is a world renown pianist and conductor), but figured out he loved football more despite the poor situation with the coach.

As an athlete, he's kind of a marvel. Coming out of HS there were reports from multiple college coaches calling him the best HS player they had ever seen at any position. He was the #1 HS recruit in the nation on at least some if not most of the ranking services. His pro day was called the best of any defensive player in the draft by many who witnessed it. And per reports he nailed the interviews as well. And while many had him as the best pass rusher in the draft, many pundits also had him as the best defensive player in the draft. I definitely see the Watt brother comparisons. If he doesn't have concussion issues going forward I have no trouble believing he can be as good as those guys.

According to Peter King's report a week or two ago, the "retirement" was as much or more related to Phillips not liking/having issues with the UCLA coaches than it was to the concussions. He considered music at that time b/c his family has a huge music background (apparently his grandfather is a world renown pianist and conductor), but figured out he loved football more despite the poor situation with the coach.

As an athlete, he's kind of a marvel. Coming out of HS there were reports from multiple college coaches calling him the best HS player they had ever seen at any position. He was the #1 HS recruit in the nation on at least some if not most of the ranking services. His pro day was called the best of any defensive player in the draft by many who witnessed it. And per reports he nailed the interviews as well. And while many had him as the best pass rusher in the draft, many pundits also had him as the best defensive player in the draft. I definitely see the Watt brother comparisons. If he doesn't have concussion issues going forward I have no trouble believing he can be as good as those guys.

This is a point often overlooked with college athletics, the student athlete is crucified if they say anything negative or paint the program in anything but ultra bright light. And are forced to sit out multiple years for transferring if promises or coaching staffs or anything changes. And it’s totally unfair the guy they let play in one year versus the guys they make sit.

Just look at Justin Fields getting to start right away at Ohio State for being a crybaby he couldn’t win the job at Georgia. And Luke Ford the left Georgia to be close to home and near a dying grandparent was forced to sit a year to play at Illinois, but I digress.

If a big part of the retirement was that he clashed with the coaches and knew that he couldn’t go public because he would be crucified in the media and easily blocked in the transfer portal, he comes up with some other options get out rededicate to a program who wants him and shows his natural ability. People put too much stock into what the college programs and coaches say. I love the University of Georgia but having friends inside the athletic program there is most certainly talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Everyone should really watch this video if you haven't already. One of the best football guys on youtube.

He said it perfectly, any player can have a career-ending injury at any time and on any play. If you don't draft him because of his history and you're worried he may get hurt, you are drafting to lose, you're are not drafting to win. No one else compares to him, we stole a home run pick at 18...

He said it perfectly, any player can have a career-ending injury at any time and on any play. If you don't draft him because of his history and you're worried he may get hurt, you are drafting to lose, you're are not drafting to win. No one else compares to him, we stole a home run pick at 18...
Scared money don't make money.

We ain't had a guy like this since Wake in his prime. Gonna be fun!

Please watch this video of him after he was drafted last night. He is genuinely excited to be a Miami Dolphin. That’s the kind of players we want. Listen to his answers. They ask him about making music in Miami and he gives the absolute best response. Please watch this and tell me you ain’t loving this dude already.

My favorite quote of his from this video... “LA made me but Miami saved me”. That’s what I’m talking about big fella.

He sounds super excited to be a Dolphin. I was excited about the picks last night, but after sleeping on it I'm STOKED.

Go fins!

You guys are worrying about something that may never happen, cross that bridge if we get to it. If we never get to the bridge, you wasted all your time worrying over nothing. Life lesson # 106.
Embrace it, live in the moment, we got a monster pass rusher coming our way!

Amen to that brother, you never know what can happen in the NFL and you draft for talent. It's like he said in the interview, there are many players that deal with concussions every day that we never hear about. Its a violent sport and things happen, but you will never achieve greatness if you don't take some chances. This is the best rushing lineman in football and we stole him at 18. Everyone can whine and moan because we took a chance but personally I love the pick....GO Phins

Back
Top Bottom