For those of you so eager to dump Wally for a draft pick... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you so eager to dump Wally for a draft pick...

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Are you SURE you're ready to part ways with him???

46665845711-1.jpg

49073351375-1.jpg

49073379395-1.jpg

52974144704-1.jpg

54275052807-1.jpg

56946642600-1.jpg

56946687876-1.jpg

56946695422-1.jpg

57564024704-1.jpg

KEEP WALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with you, you need to start a keep wally bandwagon and put me at the top of the list

no one WANTS to part with wale... but if you have to choose between re-signing chambers/mcmichael long term, or wale what do you choose?

the deal is we dont have money freed up over the next several years to shell out to wale.. if we find it somewhere, then sure, lock him up

Wow, anyone look at that first picture of Wally raching up at Bledsoe? If I didn't know any better, I would say Wally was going after the wrong ball. :lol:

If we get Boston then I am of the mindset of resigning Wally long term. Use the first rounder on the O-line or trade down and get a couple of picks to pick up depth on defense and special teams.

The longer O-gun is hung out there, the more I want him back on this team. Somehow we gotta find a way to get him, Chambers and McMicheal signed long term over the next year.

exactly what Dolphin17-0 said. In the age of the salary cap you have to make some choices. At the price that Wally is demanding, he is a luxary that Miami can afford to be without. I would rather he be back for about 2 to 4 million a year. He is asking for 7.

The way you made your point, it is hard to argue with you. that some young talent to give up !

Last I heard , Adawale was more productive and either CHambers or Mc Michael combined so I don't want Agunleye to leave.

Originally posted by Ricky34phins
i agree with you, you need to start a keep wally bandwagon and put me at the top of the list

I second that...put my name right next to his

we all WANT to keep Wale and we all would miss him if he's gone. That said, until know we probably needed his picks to help out on the Oline and WR set.....if we get Boston we probably don't need the picks we'd get if we traded Wally. That said.....we won't be able to afford him for more then another year probably. Look at the signings for Kearse etc.....if he has another breakout season (like the last 2) then someone will offer him big $ that we wouldn't be able to afford. Yes, Ogun was the top of his position, whereas Chambers/McMichael weren't....that said....both will have more productive seasons with a real #2 WR out there to help loosen things up for CC and McMichael by the safeties being pushed back....and Ricky should have a better season as well. Also, as a whole.....we need to devote more $ to offense (as everyone pretty much agrees to) and with JT on the other side.....well....Wally wanting so much $ pretty much makes him the easiest person to cut. I could see us letting go of Madison next year (if Howard starts to work out for us to take his spot) which would free up another 3 mill/year that could be devoted to Wally however.....so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of us keeping him long-term either....that'd give him roughly $5mill/year in the future which he'd probably be happy with.....going from a base salary of 375K (+ incentives) to 1.8mill to 5mill......yeah....i think he'd like it just nicely....

then again.....that's a decision to be made during the NEXT offseason so we'll have to wait and see.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Are you SURE you're ready to part ways with him???

It's just so damn funny how some of you guys put things!

Who WANTS to get rid of Wally???
In a no salary cap system would anyone in their right mind get rid of Wally?
Anyone? Anyone?

Ok, back to reality. This is a salary cap and FA system.
In today's NFL it's not just a good decision but it's IMPERATIVE that you are able to leverage any position you have an abundance of talent in to improve areas of a team where you have a lack of talent.

At some point you have to make tough choices about players you don't want to lose. One of the deepest positions we have is DE. We have talent waiting in the wings to possibly step up.
Do we have the money to tie him up one more year? More than likely yes BUT TO WHAT END?

Your looking at losing O-Gun next year anyway for ZERO in return.
IMO it's much smarter and it's not even an argument that if you have a hot commodity you can get something in return for now or wait and lose that commodity for zero in return later, you get something in return NOW!

That's the reality of the situation like it or not.

i used to agree with the "swap wally for a 1st and 3rd" thing, but since then have changed my mind... at this point we don't need all those draft picks as much as we need o-gun next year. I just wish he wouldn't let his skill get to his head and try to "bust out" like so many primadonna players do. just keep it real, o-gun, and stay in miami!

no one wants to dump Wally for picks as much as we want to upgrade our O instead of keeping someone who does not feel they are being paid well. After the acquisitions we have made; and especially if/when we add DB, I w/love to see no one sign O Gun to a contract.

Back
Top Bottom