For those of you so eager to dump Wally for a draft pick... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you so eager to dump Wally for a draft pick...

we can afford him.... i'd rather make cuts somewhere else than "start" with him. lets cut fiedler and use that cap room on wally, ****!

i think wally and JT are special - they both make each other better... both get equal attention, and both will draw double teams from each other... you take either one out of there and the remaining one will STINK! they BOTH need to be there...

can you imagine next season what teams will have to do, when everyone knows BOTH JT and O-gun are there????

damn.

Originally posted by Graythreat
REALITY CHECK!

Get your heads out of the clouds, we currently spend more than 2x on defense than we do on offense, now put your money where your mouth is...

Choice 1. Let a team sign walley for a 1st, or a 1st and third

OR

Choice 2. Keep walley for tender amount, at which point he becomes a UFA next season and leaves without giving us ANY compensation.

EVERYONE likes walley, it's just not practical to keep the kid. Get rid of him and get someting in return. This froo froo "we love walley" crap is just that. We all WANT him, but we CAN'T afford him. We have a certain PB DE that's not going anywhere, as he just go a HUGE xontract and extension.

Now consider that we've had 2 DE's do great opposite JT, and you'll see the only option is to let him go. Got to get over it people, hes' a luxury we can't afford.

spielman just went from 17 mil over to 10 mil under, whats not practical? i dont mind your opinion of taking the picks at all, but what is practical is keeping this stud around for years to come cus he is like Reggie White, and that aint no lie.

If we don't have the money to do all that, then the only option to let go is Ogun go because I believe he said that he wont play for the 1 year tender and we can actually get something in return for him now.

Lets put this idea out of its misery. Holding out for the year is all talk and B.S.

Ogunleye is a RFA and if he sits out next year he doesn't get credit for the season and remains a RFA. A player has to be signed by the 10th week of the playing season and be on the active roster for 6 games to be credited for a season.

Adewale will be dealt with before Chambers and Mc Micheal. He will probably be signed to a six-year contract with a multi-year signing bonus. A $10 million first year bonus and a $455k minimum salary equal a $2 million cap charge for the first year. He could receive the second tier of the bonus the next year, just like Rosenhaus did with Zach's contract.

I had my doubts but this pic convinced me.

56946687876-1.jpg

:jk:

Lets get some picks for him that will help our offense.

I've said all along nothing less than a 15th pick for Wally. Match any offer comming from a team with a 1st round pick higher than the 20th pick and a 3rd. Those picks will get you Jamars Fletchers then you winde up trading Ogun for a Jamar Fletcher type player.

If we can manage to keep Ogunleye for a sane price that won't cripple us when it comes to re-signing key offensive players, then we should *probably* resign him. He's great but we're already spending too much on defense.

Originally posted by Graythreat
REALITY CHECK!

Get your heads out of the clouds, we currently spend more than 2x on defense than we do on offense, now put your money where your mouth is...

Choice 1. Let a team sign walley for a 1st, or a 1st and third

OR

Choice 2. Keep walley for tender amount, at which point he becomes a UFA next season and leaves without giving us ANY compensation.

EVERYONE likes walley, it's just not practical to keep the kid. Get rid of him and get someting in return. This froo froo "we love walley" crap is just that. We all WANT him, but we CAN'T afford him. We have a certain PB DE that's not going anywhere, as he just go a HUGE xontract and extension.

Now consider that we've had 2 DE's do great opposite JT, and you'll see the only option is to let him go. Got to get over it people, hes' a luxury we can't afford.

I agree !!

People on here have B!TCHed and complained about the Dolphins offense since Marino left, now when the Dolphins can make some serious upgrades to the O with another 1st rnd pick (etc.) for Ogun they don't want to let him go ... :huh:

Just look at it this way, did Ogun help the Phins to a playoff last season ? I am not saying that he is the reason that the Phins didn't make the playoffs but with the need to continue to upgrade the offense through the draft and the sizable amount of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that Wale is going to demand why not reep the benefits now ?

This is reality -----> "Got to get over it people, hes' a luxury we can't afford ." :up:

Marino1983

We all WANT Wale to stay, but there is a reality of cost that factors in. I would love to have a Porsche, but alas, I can't afford it. Wale is a great DL. Yes, he benefited from having JT on the other side, but that doesn't take away from his accomplishments. However, if the cost is to have him disgruntled by only giving him the tender offer, and then losing him next year and not getting any compensation, then make trade for picks....Also, and this is just a thought, but I wonder why he has not commanded much attention from other teams... I know the tender is for a 1st and 3rd, but the FO has made no bones about listening to other offers ?? So is his value not what we think it is or is it just the tender that is scaring folks away....I can't believe that any other team would have issues with his value but the quesiton could be asked ??

Great pics. At the very least, Ogun deserves some love from us given all the trade talk around here lately....

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
We all WANT Wale to stay, but there is a reality of cost that factors in. I would love to have a Porsche, but alas, I can't afford it. Wale is a great DL. Yes, he benefited from having JT on the other side, but that doesn't take away from his accomplishments. However, if the cost is to have him disgruntled by only giving him the tender offer, and then losing him next year and not getting any compensation, then make trade for picks....Also, and this is just a thought, but I wonder why he has not commanded much attention from other teams... I know the tender is for a 1st and 3rd, but the FO has made no bones about listening to other offers ?? So is his value not what we think it is or is it just the tender that is scaring folks away....I can't believe that any other team would have issues with his value but the quesiton could be asked ??

He isn't getting offers from other teams because no one wants to give up a first and a third. I don't think he has even visited with another team yet. There were teams, such as Philadelphia and Seattle, that were rumored to be interested in Ogunleye, but both teams signed very good DEs and didn't have to give up any compensation for them.

If teams didn't have to give up draft picks to sign Ogunleye, he would have been signed to a big contract already. However, teams value draft picks, espicially first rounders, and they would rather get players without giving them up, which is why guys like Wistrom, Kearse, and Wiley have been signed and why Ogunleye hasn't.

Back
Top Bottom