For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

So basically you are criticizing Brown for being the 2nd pick of the draft?

:rolleyes2

I support him and it will take a sub-3 ypc season plus no runs over 20 yards.

he hasn't produced what? hes produced great in the passing game, his blitz pickups and the help hes giving to our tackles have saved gus numerous times... hes ahead of the curve in that category, and hes caught whtas been thrown to him, and showed his sick hands... hes tried to make things happen in the running game but hes gotta take when hes given instead of gambling to make a bigger play...

i think hes produced fine

I'd say if he plays like this the entire season then the criticism can be reasonable. Or if he gets hurt b/c he isn't conditioned enough.

Every player and system is different. Tampa Bay and Miami run different offenses. The only reason why there is a comparison with him and Cadillac is b/c they were teammates. You don't see Ronnie being compared to JJ Arrington. You don't see Kyle Orton being mentioned in Alex Smith talks.

Tampa Bay is having early success. It's the first time in like 5 years I think that they've been 2-0 to start a season. Give Ronnie a season to prove himself. If he still sucks, then let the criticism roll

Obviously its been 2 games already...enough time to judge him...even his whole future..lets get rid of him...label him a bust!...How can anyone defend him?..lol :lol:

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?
More dooms day stuff. It will take me to not see improvement as the year goes on and he gets more comfortable with everything. No longer picking up the blitzs, making blocks PROVES that he was not worthy a #2 pick. Until then, just wait and give the man an opportunity to prove himself.

arsenal said:
he hasn't produced what? hes produced great in the passing game, his blitz pickups and the help hes giving to our tackles have saved gus numerous times... hes ahead of the curve in that category, and hes caught whtas been thrown to him, and showed his sick hands... hes tried to make things happen in the running game but hes gotta take when hes given instead of gambling to make a bigger play...

i think hes produced fine

DENIAL!!!!!!!!!

i got a new phrase: "fair weather Brown fan".

i see a lot of that going around.

Mrcarciero said:
DENIAL!!!!!!!!!

denial of what, your saying he hasn't been huge in the passing game and the protection schemes? i dont understand what your saying?

i agree he hasn't been rushing well but why should that take away from the things he is doing well? or are you only going to criticize him for the bad but not praise him for the good?

dean_siu said:

Other proven busts after 2 games

1. Smith - barely played, bust
2. Brown - under 3.0 ypc, bust
3. Edwards - long TD catch, superstar
4. Benson - 10 yards total, bust
5. Caddy - superstar
6. Pacman - 3 tackles, bust
7. Williamson - 2 catches, bust
8. Rolle - 6 tackles, bust
9. Rodgers - 1 game, bust
10. Williams - 3 yards 1TD, superstar

There is it folks the busts and superstars of the top 10. Losts of busts this year, can these teams look at cutting guys after week 2. Caddy and M. Williams look like the only worthy guys to keep on the roster after week 3...

dean_siu said:

Amen, and then you get ****ing moronic trolls on this board bashing you for making very true and well thought out points like that.

dean_siu said:

Do not fear. People do NOT want to admit that they're a tad worried that our little 20 million dollar investment may not pay any dividends. I ask this to any of you Ronnie APOLOGISTS: Why is it that Ronnie ROSE to the top of the draft only AFTER his amazing combine workout?? Why does a 24 year old FIFTH YEAR senior running back need a COMBINE workout to rise to top five pick status?? BECAUSE he's a freaking workout warrior ala a one Mike Mamula (anyone remember THAT gem?).

RB = NO vision and is NOT an instinctive runner. These are INHERENT traits you either have or don't have and cannot be coached/taught.

dean_siu said:
If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....
The Dolphins claimed he was worth that much money be making him the 2nd pick in the draft - the money comes with that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom