For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
billybojim said:
Amen, and then you get ****ing moronic trolls on this board bashing you for making very true and well thought out points like that.
:shakeno:

I'm glad that the people posting on this thread are not running the organization....giving him 2-3 more weeks to start turning things around might be understandable.....but to give someone the entire season is just illogical and a waste of 17 weeks! Are you guys really open to this or are you just saying so to avoid "fair" criticism throughout the season?

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

And for any of you who give up a guy after 2 games needs a dose of reality and loyalty.

ask yourself this question: Would Cadillac be doing just as good behind our line?

the answer is that he wouldn't, infact he might be doing worse. he isn't the blocker Brown is in the passing game and the o-line wouldn't open any holes if we couldn't pass the ball at all and in case you didn't realize this, Brown is one of the reasons for Frerotte's success he's been giving Frerotte more time to pass by picking up blizters.

arsenal said:
denial of what, your saying he hasn't been huge in the passing game and the protection schemes? i dont understand what your saying?

i agree he hasn't been rushing well but why should that take away from the things he is doing well? or are you only going to criticize him for the bad but not praise him for the good?

Whatever, we didnt draft him with the hopes of helping us in protection schemes.

FinsNCanes said:
And for any of you who give up a guy after 2 games needs a dose of reality and loyalty.

Nice one.

Ricky Williams 1st 12 games 253 - 884 yards, 3.5 avg, 2 TD's...

Mrcarciero said:
Whatever, we didnt draft him with the hopes of helping us in protection schemes.
we didn't? thats news to me then

because that was the main reason we took Brown over Cadillac

arsenal said:
denial of what, your saying he hasn't been huge in the passing game and the protection schemes? i dont understand what your saying?

i agree he hasn't been rushing well but why should that take away from the things he is doing well? or are you only going to criticize him for the bad but not praise him for the good?
tell em baby tell em (as bruce dickenson would state it) :fire:

nick1 said:
ask yourself this question: Would Cadillac be doing just as good behind our line?

the answer is that he wouldn't, infact he might be doing worse. he isn't the blocker Brown is in the passing game and the o-line wouldn't open any holes if we couldn't pass the ball at all and in case you didn't realize this, Brown is one of the reasons for Frerotte's success he's been giving Frerotte more time to pass by picking up blizters.

What is it with everyone babying this guy with his protecting Gus crap. Big deal.

I dont see anyone praising Tomlinson or Priest for blocking, do you?

We drafted this guy for his run ability and catching abilities. That is what we should be focusing on right now.

You don't spend a #2 overall pick to be a blitz pick up guy. That may be the tie breaker, if he runs as well as Cadillac (which he has not).

I dont think he was a bust yet, but i dont think hes performed like he was supposed to. Personally, i didnt think ronnie would be great, in May i told everyone Ricky is is 3x as good as ronnie, and i got flamed for it. I think ronnie will be a decent back in a few years, but wont be superb. Just judging from what ive seen so far.

Your'e Crazy

To criticize Ronnie Brown after 2 weeks and a minimal preseason is a little harsh. The second pick in the draft basically has a contract number attached to it. Anyone in his position would be foolish to just sign the first offer. To say that he held the Phins ransom is way off base. Furthermore, after two games with an average of 2.7 ypc is indeed subpar... However, behind this makeshift offensive line in a new system...a rookie runningback is already playing against a stacked deck. He's not going to put up huge numbers from the get-go. This team is growing together, his struggles are part of the teams growing pains. A veteran runningback (aka Ricky), will probablly fair better when he returns week 6. Yet that is more a product of his experience than it is Brown's deficiancy. Two weeks is an unacceptable time frame to evaluate anyone, now in two years...if he's averaging 2.7ypc, then we can criticize.

JuiceDaddy

PS-- I guess when the Panthers hold him to another 50yd game we should cut him, because we all know that he's just a horrible RB, it will have nothing to do with our O-Line and the Panthers top flight defense.

Marino420TD said:
You don't spend a #2 overall pick to be a blitz pick up guy. That may be the tie breaker, if he runs as well as Cadillac (which he has not).
they were both equal and that was the tie breaker

nick1 said:
we didn't? thats news to me then

because that was the main reason we took Brown over Cadillac

We took brown because he is a power runner and is supposed to be faster.

I didnt see any highlights of brown blocking before the draft. If you did , please send me the link because then i can understand why we drafted a run blocker at number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom