For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLA BLA BLA!!!!!!! Number 2 pick and he looks like nothing so far in regards to speed and vision.

2 GAMES MAN!!! Its 2 games!!! You are being so ridiculous about this. the jets played well on defense and we abandoned the run early when we were down. Ronnie was coming around on our td drive (if you even watched it). He pretty much led the drive for the td. What do you want from him?

This is a Dolphins football forum, should people be talking about the weather? Ronnie Brown is the team's #2 overall pick and is not doing anything to justify that, so people are very concerned, hence the large number of threads on the topic. I don't think people are giving up on him, just want him to play better. Brown is doing all the little things well (blocking, etc), but you expect your top RB pick to make some big plays, which he hasn't.

I think we all realize it's just 2 games, he could still end of with 1500yds, and 12 TDs, and be the greatest Dolphin RB ever. We also realize the OL is below average. Problem there is, Sammy Morris ran pretty well behind the line. Two more games like this, and Ricky will be starting.

Part of it is also the playcalling. 12 carries? 2 receptions? This "complete", "all-around", "feature" RB should get more plays coming his way.

I don't believe people are jumping off the bandwagon, just concerned. Two games is not enough of a "chance" and is certainly not enough to declare a "bust", but it IS enough to start to form opinions, and, in this case, the opinions are not positive.

jribs said:
What the hell are you talking about? Do you know anything about Football? So far during the Bucs games and Carnell does nothing but run the ball. He does no blocking, has not caught a single pass out of the backfield and is not is on long passing plays. Ronnie
does what is asked of him. You just want to write him off because of two average games in his WHOLE NFL career? Pathetic.

And yet he is way ahead of ronnie after two games in everyones eyes except for Phin fans. ( myself included)

The whole nfl sees carnell on highlights for his running abilities.

We should put together some pass blocking highlights and send it to ESPN because people would then see why Ronnie should be rookie of the week for 2 straight weeks right?

Please, start defending him when he pulls a few bursts and scores a few long touchdown runs. Till then all Ronnie Fans should continue to bash just like myself.

Bottom linme is this:

"The No. 2 pick overall is expected to make better of them. Great running backs don't take much time to mature. NFL history shows that. So the natural expectation for Brown was to hope for a little Zonk, a little Merc, certainly more than a little Cadillac."

David Hyde

There reason to bash Brown.

Mrcarciero said:
And yet he is way ahead of ronnie after two games in everyones eyes except for Phin fans. ( myself included)

The whole nfl sees carnell on highlights for his running abilities.

We should put together some pass blocking highlights and send it to ESPN because people would then see why Ronnie should be rookie of the week for 2 straight weeks right?

Please, start defending him when he pulls a few bursts and scores a few long touchdown runs. Till then all Ronnie Fans should continue to bash just like myself.

You dont get it. It is not just the blocking...and I will try to say this slowly for you...It is the whole package. Did you even read what I said about Carnell? In the mean time Ronnie has a subpar o-line to run behind compared to even what the bucs are doing now.
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/19/Bucs/Bucs_feed_off_play_of.shtml
The point is you want to write him off after two games and that is sad especially for a supposed fan of the Fins.
Spare me...You have been here since this month, you have 40 some posts and you are already on an ingore list. MINE.

SuperDuperFan said:
2 GAMES MAN!!! Its 2 games!!! You are being so ridiculous about this. the jets played well on defense and we abandoned the run early when we were down. Ronnie was coming around on our td drive (if you even watched it). He pretty much led the drive for the td. What do you want from him?

I want the NFL to start praising runnings backs for pass blocking and not running.

I want scouts to start drafting runnings backs that can block first and run second.

I want everyone in the league to start praising Ronnie after two weeks.

I want Ronnie to play left tackle in place of Mcintosh.

If all this would come true Ronnie would be worth a number 2 pick and should be given the rookie of the year honors right now because he is the best pass blocker in the league. Hands Down.

I want to not care of his running stats. I want to see highlights of him protecting Gus because I know thats what everyone want to see right now.

I want heath Evans to be praised for his pass blocking too.

I want to go back a few months before the draft and and watch all of the highlight videos of Ronnie Blocking. ( we all know those dont exist, but I will try to put something together)

jribs said:
You dont get it. It is not just the blocking...and I will try to say this slowly for you...It is the whole package. Did you even read what I said about Carnell? In the mean time Ronnie has a subpar o-line to run behind compared to even what the bucs are doing now.
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/19/Bucs/Bucs_feed_off_play_of.shtml
The point is you want to write him off after two games and that is sad especially for a supposed fan of the Fins.
Spare me...You have been here since this month, you have 40 some posts and you are already on an ingore list. MINE.

Sorry , i didnt realize you had 10,000 posts. I should start respecting you.

It's not a good comparision of Brown vs Williams right now. I watched the Bucs game, and the Bucs offensive line really dominated the Bills front 7. Williams seemed more decisive in his cuts, he definately looked more comfortable out there, but on many plays he was getting to the 2nd/3rd level of the Bills defense while breaking a couple of arm tackles. It's not all on Ronnie Brown, but the guy is a rookie, and he'll be a much better Rb at the end of the season than he is right now. Many fans are looking for instant gratification w/Brown, but all rookies have an adjustment period. I think Ricky Williams rushed for like 800 yds or so his rookie season, he was hurt for a few games, but was not very impressive if I recall correctly, and really did not turn into an elite back till he came to Miami. Not all players get it after 2 games, is really the point.

Mrcarciero said:
I want the NFL to start praising runnings backs for pass blocking and not running.

I want scouts to start drafting runnings backs that can block first and run second.

I want everyone in the league to start praising Ronnie after two weeks.

I want Ronnie to play left tackle in place of Mcintosh.

If all this would come true Ronnie would be worth a number 2 pick and should be given the rookie of the year honors right now because he is the best pass blocker in the league. Hands Down.

I want to not care of his running stats. I want to see highlights of him protecting Gus because I know thats what everyone want to see right now.

I want heath Evans to be praised for his pass blocking too.

I want to go back a few months before the draft and and watch all of the highlight videos of Ronnie Blocking. ( we all know those dont exist, but I will try to put something together)

Explain how Corey Dillion, Kevin Jones, and other backs after the 1st 2 games are doing worse. Does this mean they are bad backs, NO they have just had a rough couple of weeks. 2 GAMES DOES NOT MAKE A CAREER..

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

Although I wasn't thrilled about drafting Ronnie Brown, I must say he was the BPA....I just couldn;t see ourselves reaching for a player like Aaron Rodgers or Cadillac Williams....I'm just glad Ricky's back

BUST you say ?

The kid has played 2 games, you call him a bust ?? Typical of the bandwagon, fairweather type of fan I would want nothing to do with if I was a player.

He missed almost all of camp, the OL is pathetic, and the kid is trying to do too much.

Give him the year, see how he preforms when Ricky comes back, he's no John Avery/Sammie Smith.

OKPIK13 said:
The kid has played 2 games, you call him a bust ?? Typical of the bandwagon, fairweather type of fan I would want nothing to do with if I was a player.

He missed almost all of camp, the OL is pathetic, and the kid is trying to do too much.

Give him the year, see how he preforms when Ricky comes back, he's no John Avery/Sammie Smith.

Nice 1st post... Welcome smart football fan....:D

GreenMonster said:
Explain how Corey Dillion, Kevin Jones, and other backs after the 1st 2 games are doing worse. Does this mean they are bad backs, NO they have just had a rough couple of weeks. 2 GAMES DOES NOT MAKE A CAREER..

I hope you right.

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

Nice fan. You give up on your team's players after they have played 2 games? There's no point in explaining anything to you. Go ahead and Ronnie bash if you want to. He may become great or not, but you go ahead.

I would say Ronnie has two more games to show some sparks, running-wise. If he isn't showing some big play potential before the Tampa game, then I have a feeling #34 is going to be the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom