For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon..... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
dean_siu said:
I do think Ricky Williams is a great back and far superior to Ronnie Brown....however, all I did with this thread is ask a question. I wanted to know how long people would give Ronnie Brown 100% support without criticism as long as keeps producing. It was a simple question that I was seeking an answer to and some people twisted it into different extremes.

it will took a while for Ricky Williams to get accustomed to the speed of the NFL

dean_siu said:

I do think he has an attitude problem and I know he's overpaid.

that's the first i've heard about an attitude problem from his coaches, teammates, or people covering his teams. got some indide scoop you'd like to share?

granted, i would like to see some big plays out of him, and i'm sure we will soon. i'm already pleased with the blocking and the hands. and the effort: the man can move a pile. knowing he can block like that is a big deal: it will keep him on the field and in position to make plays. and he will make plays. again, look at how some of the premier backs are doing, as mentioned earlier in the thread. is dillon now a bust? should people stop supporting him?

i know, we're idiots if we support players unconditionally. well, i support the players who play for my favorite team, and i always hope they do well. call me crazy. brown does have the ability, though, so i won't have to hope for long. for a little perspective on this, talk to a browns fan. they have waited and waited and waited for first rounders to pan out. i never told my friends who root for the browns that they should stop pulling for their players. and as for phin fans: it's week two...

CantDraft4Crap said:
All I know is that Maurice Clarrett is sitting somwhere looking for a job..maybe Saban should bring him in for a look. lol

I would have rather signed Clarrett for the league minimum and spent the $20 million we gave Brown to rebuild our OL....it would have made this team much better and accomplished it quickly.

DPlus47 said:
that's the first i've heard about an attitude problem from his coaches, teammates, or people covering his teams. got some indide scoop you'd like to share?

granted, i would like to see some big plays out of him, and i'm sure we will soon. i'm already pleased with the blocking and the hands. and the effort: the man can move a pile. knowing he can block like that is a big deal: it will keep him on the field and in position to make plays. and he will make plays. again, look at how some of the premier backs are doing, as mentioned earlier in the thread. is dillon now a bust? should people stop supporting him?

i know, we're idiots if we support players unconditionally. well, i support the players who play for my favorite team, and i always hope they do well. call me crazy. brown does have the ability, though, so i won't have to hope for long. for a little perspective on this, talk to a browns fan. they have waited and waited and waited for first rounders to pan out. i never told my friends who root for the browns that they should stop pulling for their players. and as for phin fans: it's week two...

The attitude problem is in the mind of the poster...thats why you havent heard about it.

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

You obviously know nothing about how to negotiate a contract in the NFL...he got what he was slotted to make as the #2 pick...if he turns out to be a bust, that's the chance we have to take.

You are the dissapointment in not giving the guy a chance and if you or I had to run behind that hideous OL we have, we'd have the same issues...

When our OL is decent and he knows the O, and Linehan still can't utilize him to his fullest...then I'll worry about whether he is a bust...but 2 frikkin games into his career, with this wreck we have to call our OL is a bit early to be calling him anything but a rook...if you want off the bandwagon...go ahead and jump...

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

WOW!!

It will surely take more than 2 freaking games. I'll give him two years.......if that's what it takes.

Give the guy a chance...most of the time he has someone in his face when he gets the ball.

dean_siu said:
I would have rather signed Clarrett for the league minimum and spent the $20 million we gave Brown to rebuild our OL....it would have made this team much better and accomplished it quickly.

Go watch Hockey. No, seriously. Everything I've read in this thread that you've said is ****ing absurd.

dean_siu said:

good post

dean_siu said:

r u mentally ill? would u be thinking this if caddie was doing bad? just be quiet and learn how to give people time to do something

Mrcarciero said:
Whatever, we didnt draft him with the hopes of helping us in protection schemes.

Yes he was drafted for protection schemes. He was drafted for various reasons, and that was one of the main ones. NICK SABAN said it himself.

dean_siu said:

How can you not be on his bandwagon? Is his bandwagon not attached to the Miami Dolphins bandwagon?

I don't get some of you!

Actually when it comes to you, I understand your intentions completely.

dean_siu said:

First off in order for me too start critizing this guy, it will take more then 2 weeks of football. secondly what I am tired of, is people labeling him a bust, or a dissapointment. They had Jim Mora on NFL network today, and he was talking about Ronnie, he pretty much said that it is dumb to think of Brown, or Benson as busts at this time, and that in order to properly judge a guy you would have to wait until the end of the season. He went on to talk about how it is impossible to compare the top three backs after 2 weeks since you have to take training camp, schedules, and alot more into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom