For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon..... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BleedinGreenNC said:
My question is, why didnt your front office take Cadillac instead of Brown?
because Brown is just as fast, has power, great catching ability and is a great blocker

as far as Cadillac goes he is a true runner because he's fast, has great agility and good vision

Brown can affect the game in more ways then one but his only knock which happens to be Cadillac's strengh is his vision

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

Just because his play hasn't been great in 2 friggin games, is no reason to start labeling the guy a bust. So he wanted his big pay day, of course he did! He was the #2 overall pick. Ronnie Brown will be fine, and so will the Dolphins. We're headed in the right direction. Some people are just too impatient to notice that. Or they do notice it, but they are too impatient to wait through what could be a long process, so they(you) have decided you'll b*tch and complain, until we're a definate playoff contender. It makes me really sad. Miami does have some really bad fans. It's a shame.

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

That's it Ronnie! OFF WITH HIS HEAD! :shakeno:

billybojim said:
Amen, and then you get ****ing moronic trolls on this board bashing you for making very true and well thought out points like that.

You need to chill.

You just called about 5000 people a moron.

Knock it off.

everyone is nuts, tape the game and see he is doing alot, he will be fine, he has picked up blitzes better then any one we have ever had which has allowed big plays down field, he is suited for our offense, carnell is a west coast back only

nick1 said:
they were both equal and that was the tie breaker

Williams is a way better back than Brown and even with our horrid like he would be averaging AR THE VERT LEAST 3.0 per carry. Same goes for Benson.

billybojim said:
Williams is a way better back than Brown and even with our horrid like he would be averaging AR THE VERT LEAST 3.0 per carry. Same goes for Benson.

Disagree. Watched every game they played at AU. Williams is not a way better back if at all.

AUFinFan said:
Disagree. Watched every game they played at AU. Williams is not a way better back if at all.

Disagree, I watched them in college to Williams was by far better and is now on the pro level too.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This thread really has nothing to do with Ronnie Brown. Dean is such a Ricky Williams worshipping that he's hated Brown from the day we drafted him. Somehow he's managed to wrange a few others onto his line of thinking but this thread is absolutely ridiculous. Give it a rest, all this crap is making me sick.

People are definitely jumping the gun on Ronnie too fast, but did anyone notice that Sammy Morris didn't have the same problems finding and hitting holes that Ronnie did? I also think people too often conveniently blame the O-Line too quickly when a RB has problems. Sometimes it's just a matter of lack of instincts and vision......To me Ronnie looks real tentative out there....but again, it's way to early, hopefully he'll turn it around....

lets not forget that ronnies starinig when larry johnson did good it was behind priest holmes and steve jackson did good it was behind marshall faulk lets wait hell blow up sharing carries with ricky williams

billybojim said:
Benson's not even doing a thing like 20 yards in 2 games? at least Brown has 100 yards in 2 games, gives him time he just needs to learn to pick better holes to run through as from what I see sometimes he doesn't give his blockers time to set their blocks, he's running before his blockers get to their positions

Mrcarciero said:
I want the NFL to start praising runnings backs for pass blocking and not running.

I want scouts to start drafting runnings backs that can block first and run second.

I want everyone in the league to start praising Ronnie after two weeks.

I want Ronnie to play left tackle in place of Mcintosh.

If all this would come true Ronnie would be worth a number 2 pick and should be given the rookie of the year honors right now because he is the best pass blocker in the league. Hands Down.

I want to not care of his running stats. I want to see highlights of him protecting Gus because I know thats what everyone want to see right now.

I want heath Evans to be praised for his pass blocking too.

I want to go back a few months before the draft and and watch all of the highlight videos of Ronnie Blocking. ( we all know those dont exist, but I will try to put something together)

How old are you man like 10 years old?????? Don't you understand a running back needs a line that will open up somewhat of a hole for him. If you think Caddy is that much better a back then go become a Buc fan!!!!!!!!!!!

kingnate85 said:
This is absolutely ridiculous. This thread really has nothing to do with Ronnie Brown. Dean is such a Ricky Williams worshipping that he's hated Brown from the day we drafted him. Somehow he's managed to wrange a few others onto his line of thinking but this thread is absolutely ridiculous. Give it a rest, all this crap is making me sick.

I do think Ricky Williams is a great back and far superior to Ronnie Brown....however, all I did with this thread is ask a question. I wanted to know how long people would give Ronnie Brown 100% support without criticism as long as keeps producing. It was a simple question that I was seeking an answer to and some people twisted it into different extremes.

I never said Ronnie is a bust.....I would be extremely happy if he turned out to be a quality player that could back up Ricky for years to come. I do think he has an attitude problem and I know he's overpaid. But, I never said there is no spot in the league for him or say we should cut him.

As for those defending Ronnie by saying there is no blocking....I agree its a major problem with this team and has been for years. We've never been willing to pay for quality upfront and this team will continue paying a price for that every year until we do. However, we shouldn't need to pay a RB $20 million to protect our QB when quality OL can be obtained for far less.

Let's get smart and quit overpaying for mediocre "skill" guys when we already have the best running back in the history of the game. Ricky definitely has the skills to lead the Fins to the Super Bowl.....however, football is a team sport and we need to surround him with proper support to make it happen.

All I know is that Maurice Clarrett is sitting somwhere looking for a job..maybe Saban should bring him in for a look. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom