For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon..... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you still on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrcarciero said:
I hope you right.

Who knows if I am right but I can't judge a mans career after he has only played in 12.5% of his 1ST year in the league. Give him some time before you start bashing the guy please.

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

A few seasons of dissapointing performances in a situations where he should succeeed would do it. Getting poor yardage when getting poor blocking is not reason for criticism by anyone except haters who wanted someone else in the draft and are looking for any excuse to criticize.

To answer the original question, what it would take for me to offer criticism towards Brown would be to see Ricky come back and pile up some 100 yard games with averages of 4 ypc and better. I seriously believe the OL is our bigget issue, both this year and last. We have the skill players to succeed - even Gus is fine with me, for this year.

I do believe Brown needs to be more decisive and hit the holes harder, but I watch far too much football to fool myself into believing he has holes to run through which are anything comparable to what the best RB's are blessed with. This is why anyone who runs for KC, Denver and Pittsburgh put up monster numbers. Look at Droughns from Cleveland. Last year he was KILLING the league with YPC & TD's in Denver. Now look at his stats to date in Cleveland.

I'm not saying Ronnie doesn't have a ton of improving to do, but I'm not a complete embasil who is going to throw in the towel after 2 weeks. Your original post will look incredibly stupid some day very soon.

Mrcarciero said:
What is it with everyone babying this guy with his protecting Gus crap. Big deal.

I dont see anyone praising Tomlinson or Priest for blocking, do you?

We drafted this guy for his run ability and catching abilities. That is what we should be focusing on right now.

big deal?? apparently u havent been watching the fins the last few years!! not only was he drafted to run and catch, but also to block. hence the phrase "best all aroung back". its a shame that he has been a huge part of the reason gus has had ANY time to throw and u cant see that. all u want is a back that can run for 100 yards a game. well guess what?? u need an OLINE to be succesfull running the ball. To soley blame the RB because he cant run through nonexisting holes in the Oline, is just ignorant. If u just simply dont like Ronnie for your own reason, then fine, we all can't agree to like evryone on the team, but to place all blame on him for his struggles running is wrong. And then to compare our OLINE to SD and KC?????. you think LT or Priest would do much better behind our line?? no. u know what theyd be doing??? picking up blitzes to save Gus' ***.
Ricky williams gets the rushing title one year, then has an average year the next. why?? because he all of a sudden he forgot how to run through holes?? no because the Oline and the Oline coaches were horrible.

i think u need to start taking a look at our Oline during the game so u can see the REAL reason u think our RB is a bust after 2 weeks!!

minus said:
Bottom linme is this:

"The No. 2 pick overall is expected to make better of them. Great running backs don't take much time to mature. NFL history shows that. So the natural expectation for Brown was to hope for a little Zonk, a little Merc, certainly more than a little Cadillac."

David Hyde

There reason to bash Brown.

really?? how long before preist holmes matured into what he is today??
how about ricky williams? everyone considers him one of the best in the leauge. how'd he do over in NO? which gave up evry pick in the draft to get him.

nfl history does not show that it takes little time for a RB to marure. but even if it did.....ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS!!! but i guess thats enough time for you to bash him. me i'll be ALITTLE more reasonable and at least let him play out the year before i star calling him a bust.. Oh yeah and how about that great Oline we have on our team?? forgot about that little ,unimportant , useless part of a succesfull running game? i mean after all, if the oline isnt opening up any holes, its no big deal, a good running back should still be able to JUMP over the wall of Olineman and gain some yards. yeah ur right, maybe RONNIE is a BUST, HIstory shows it :shakeno: :shakeno:

Its terrible that Ronnie Brown a running back from Auburn who was the #2 pick in this years draft can't come into camp a month late and become an immediate superstar behind one of the worst offensive lines in profootball. It's just too bad we didn't select Cadilac Williams or Cedric Benson, because I am sure they would have been enjoying running behind our five all pro offensive linemen. If that sounds sarcastic its ment to be. Even Nick Saban has said: "Brown's struggles have more to do with the offensive line than anything else".
And I am not one of the people who was on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon and have never said Brown was a terrific pickup at #2. Ricky Williams will probably come back and be relatively successfull behind this offensive line because he is used to it and knows how to make his own holes rather that relying on a weak offensive line to make holes for him. Ronnie Brown will eventually adapt his style, but in the meantime we can look forward to a one - two punch out of the backfield of Williams and Brown that will give our offense lots of options and be a nightmare for other coaches to game plan for.

You can pretty much label any person (who says that any one player of any sport is a bust after two games) as someone who knows nothing about that sport and couldn't evaluate talent to save his/her life. :shakeno:

ch19079 said:
i got a new phrase: "fair weather Brown fan".

i see a lot of that going around.

No doubt. Some of these fans remind me of when the Eagles drafted Donovan McNabb. Now they love the guy. We'll see a bunch of that after he puts up a few 100 yard games

I have no idea how good Brown is going to be; however, I do know that it is not accurate to call him a bust after two games.

Mrcarciero said:
I want the NFL to start praising runnings backs for pass blocking and not running.

I want scouts to start drafting runnings backs that can block first and run second.

I want everyone in the league to start praising Ronnie after two weeks.

I want Ronnie to play left tackle in place of Mcintosh.

If all this would come true Ronnie would be worth a number 2 pick and should be given the rookie of the year honors right now because he is the best pass blocker in the league. Hands Down.

I want to not care of his running stats. I want to see highlights of him protecting Gus because I know thats what everyone want to see right now.

I want heath Evans to be praised for his pass blocking too.

I want to go back a few months before the draft and and watch all of the highlight videos of Ronnie Blocking. ( we all know those dont exist, but I will try to put something together)

what u dont seem to understand is this. NOONE WANTS ronnie to be back there blocking. He does it because this team NEEDS him to. thats why. its sad but true. we have no Oline to speak of and because OUR RB, WHOEVER IT MAY BE, has to spend most of his time blocking,u bash him? and i thought Linehans system was more pass then run anyway? that could be another reason why Ronnie doesnt get the 30-35 touches Ricky used to get 2 and 3 years ago. and that could be the reason saban and co. picked Ronnie over Caddy. Maybe he figured if we draft Caddy, behind this Oline, he'd get killed and it would be a HUGE waste. At least Ronnie would be able to hold his own until we get the Oline straightened out. then and only then will ANY RB be successful on OUR TEAM.

dean_siu said:
I'm tired of the excuses everyone is offering for this guy. He held out for big guaranteed money and has not produced at all to this point. If you are going to claim you're worth that much money.....you better be able to handle the pressure and produce on the field or else you deserve to be criticized by the fans, the press, and the coaches.

I'm surprised that anyone can still wholeheartedly support this guy anymore....after the way he held this team ransom during the training game, extreme criticism is not only fair but very much deserved.

If he correct it (and I think most Dolphins fans hope he does), than he can get praised.....but heaping on words of support and saying he's not a disappointment to this point is no way to inspire him to perform better.

If you are still an ardent Ronnie Brown supporter, tell me what will it take for you to start criticizing the guy?

i can honestly say that it seems like you dont know what you are talking about

First of all, shouldn't we ALL be on the Ronnie bandwagon? He was drafted as our RB of the future. Think all of the Dolphin fans can have his back past the first two games? Obviously not.

2nd his pass protection is VERY important, esp with our crappy o-line. Those who think it is some big cover-up to get past his early poor YPC, never asked Gus if he would rather take the hit. His coverage was a big reason why he was the best RB available. He is the complete RB. Running, catching, BLOCKING.

Third, our o-line isn't doing ronnie any favors.

Fourth, he missed most of TC. Some time also has to be given for that.

Just b/c Caddy is doing well his first 2 games doesn't mean he will be the better RB in the future. Unbelievable.

Mrcarciero said:
We took brown because he is a power runner and is supposed to be faster.

I didnt see any highlights of brown blocking before the draft. If you did , please send me the link because then i can understand why we drafted a run blocker at number 2.
I didn't see any highlights of that either but he is known to be a great blocker

dean_siu said:

Are you still supporting Jay Fiedler for the Hall Of Fame?

What does that have to do with this thread Your honor?

Establishing "credibility" of initial poster's posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom