For what it's worth, Tannehill is a really smart decision maker. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For what it's worth, Tannehill is a really smart decision maker.

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I saw him on Gruden's QB camp and he impressed gruden but I was impressed too. He really understands the game in his mind. Weather that translates into on the field greatness is another story but he is worth the pick I think.

As evidenced by his game against Texas.

I'm not sold on the guy, but he has shown flashes... I just can't make myself like him at #8 when we could trade back, pick up Floyd and more picks...

I saw him on Gruden's QB camp and he impressed gruden but I was impressed too. He really understands the game in his mind. Weather that translates into on the field greatness is another story but he is worth the pick I think.

Where did you see this? It's not supposed to air on ESPN until 4/24 and that's only 2 days before the draft.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/2012-grudens-qb-camp-program-schedule/

His hype machine will be at it's peak on draft day if he looks exceptional in the chalk board sessions with Gruden. Someone is going to trade up with Jacksonlville for Tannehill and we will miss out. That's my gut feeling.

why was this moved?
No worries. You will get top notch discussion in here. As for Tannehill, although I do like what I have seen, I am skittish because of his lack of playing time. IMO Weeden is a much better QB, is ready to start, would thrive in a WCO and gives the Dolphins a legitimate shot at an elite player at 8.

i would also like to know how you watched it. cant wait to watch it

Gruden's QB Camp: Ryan Tannehill

Here is a four minute preview of Gruden's QB Camp with Ryan Tannehill

[video=youtube;kOWNjphb7M0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOWNjphb7M0[/video]

It occurs to me that while Ryan Tannehill "sits" for a year behind Matt Moore and David Garrard, he might not be doing a whole lot of sitting. Mike Sherman didn't let his talents go to waste at Texas A&M while Jerrod Johnson was the starter...why would he do so in Miami?

I like how he can get out there and teach the receivers how to run the route the right way.

It occurs to me that while Ryan Tannehill "sits" for a year behind Matt Moore and David Garrard, he might not be doing a whole lot of sitting. Mike Sherman didn't let his talents go to waste at Texas A&M while Jerrod Johnson was the starter...why would he do so in Miami?

I like how he can get out there and teach the receivers how to run the route the right way.

Someone else made this point too, that he might be a starting WR while he's learning the system. It would be a very brave move by the staff to do it. A big chunk of the fanbase would go nuts, together with the media. If part of the reason you drafted Tannehill at #8 is to get the fanbase back onside, that might not be a great idea.

From a footballing perspective it has some merit. I just don't think they'll like the PR nightmare it may spawn.

Someone else made this point too, that he might be a starting WR while he's learning the system. It would be a very brave move by the staff to do it. A big chunk of the fanbase would go nuts, together with the media. If part of the reason you drafted Tannehill at #8 is to get the fanbase back onside, that might not be a great idea.

From a footballing perspective it has some merit. I just don't think they'll like the PR nightmare it may spawn.

I don't think you've got the right read on how the fans would react to Tannehill playing some WR. I think they'd love it as long as the Dolphins made it clear he's still involved in every QB meeting and takes a bunch of QB reps in camp and in practice.

kids talented at wr...no doubt about that...but i would be shocked if they pulled a matt jones here...

That's not really what is in question. They're not moving Ryan Tannehill to wide receiver full time. But I think they could have some packages where he is on the field as a WR. There's a difference.

Back
Top Bottom