Forgiving football players | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forgiving football players

Schleprock said:
ahhh, now you are using the old circular argument technique.

You are absolutely right on everything, because you know about my life and what I do :rolleyes: Just like all the other people online in general who make comments about others they have never met or even had a real world conversation with. Keep up the good work please, keep us honest! :thumbs:

Thanks for playing.

Roman529 said:
It is not being GREEDY....it is just wanting to have the best team we can have and winning. You watch how quickly the Ricky haters will hop on the Ricky bandwagon should he come back and be a big part of this team. We all make bad decisions in life just like Ricky....why not at least give him a chance to make the club....we don't have a lot to lose at this point and a lot to gain.

Ok I'll watch.......lol ............. Give him a chance to make the club at what cost? What, without an apology? Without something evidential of him trying to right the wrong? That's what I'm so against at this point. Just allowing him to walk into camp in July and act like nothing happened. That's not how life is lived. You have to fess up to your mistakes, especially the epic ones, address what you did wrong and let people know your plan as to how you're going to be different. Otherwise all this smells to high h*ll of Ricky trying to erase debt.

enigmatics said:
Ok I'll watch.......lol ............. Give him a chance to make the club at what cost? What, without an apology? Without something evidential of him trying to right the wrong? That's what I'm so against at this point. Just allowing him to walk into camp in July and act like nothing happened. That's not how life is lived. You have to fess up to your mistakes, especially the epic ones, address what you did wrong and let people know your plan as to how you're going to be different. Otherwise all this smells to high h*ll of Ricky trying to erase debt.

Since you posted the same argument in another thread, I'll offer the same rebuttal. We're not sure Ricky isn't doing some behind-the-scenes bridge-building right now. I think it's telling that no Dolphins have spoken out against his return in the last week.

DrAstroZoom said:
Since you posted the same argument in another thread, I'll offer the same rebuttal. We're not sure Ricky isn't doing some behind-the-scenes bridge-building right now. I think it's telling that no Dolphins have spoken out against his return in the last week.

It's not telling. I thought it was well established that Saban wanted no players commenting on team matters anymore.

enigmatics said:
It's not telling. I thought it was well established that Saban wanted no players commenting on team matters anymore.

That didn't stop the whole Jason Taylor as OLB controversy.

Here's the way I see this whole thing going down:

July 28: Ricky reports to camp. He offers no comment to reports, but he does address the team.

July 29: Quotes from players start leaking out: "Ricky's in shape and ready to contribute. Ricky wants to help us out. Ricky has apologized for leaving us in the lurch last year. Ricky's ready to play."

July 30: Ricky addresses the media and the fan base to apologize and say he wants the focus on the team.

I don't think so, just because players aren't speaking out publicly doesn't mean they're "OK" with RW coming back either.It tells nothing IMO.Besides airing out their dirty laundry in public would not only be un professional ,but might just Pi** off Saban(who I'm sure would like to keep this "in house")

DrAstroZoom said:

May the day come when I never see another Ricky thread.

I have too much self respect to let him back into my heart again.

I believe that the reason we have so much Ricky Haters is because we are downright spoiled football fans, we have been for the last decade, Wanny's coaching should be a good wake up call that instead of whinning, we should apprecaite every winning season.

Predaphin said:
I believe that the reason we have so much Ricky Haters is because we are downright spoiled football fans, we have been for the last decade, Wanny's coaching should be a good wake up call that instead of whinning, we should apprecaite every winning season.

Ahhhh the good'ol scapegoat for why Ricky quit: Wanny. Oh and the other six trillion excuses Ricky gave.

enigmatics said:
Ahhhh the good'ol scapegoat for why Ricky quit: Wanny. Oh and the other six trillion excuses Ricky gave.
hey, why not? it's worth a shot, and if you really think about it, it may be true....

Wanny's gone = Ricky's back.

Predaphin said:
hey, why not? it's worth a shot, and if you really think about it, it may be true....

Wanny's gone = Ricky's back.

Coincidence more than anything. Although I'm sure in Ricky's twisted mind, everything worked out in his favor. That's what's so stupid about all this.

enigmatics said:
Coincidence more than anything. Although I'm sure in Ricky's twisted mind, everything worked out in his favor. That's what's so stupid about all this.

Nothing is "Coincidence". And it's no "Coincidence" Wanny isn't coaching anymore.

If any of us quit our job with short notice(leaving the company with an important position to fill) because we didn't like our boss, then next year the company fires him and hires a new boss, we decide we want to come back to work for that same company do you think we'd have a chance in hell of returning?Oh we might get our second chance ,just not with the same company.

WitheringPlant said:
Isn't winning the ultimate goal of the game? Or am I just crazy? The players don't have to like each other. They don't even have to respect each other. All they have to do is PLAY together.

Why don't we just cheat then? If winning is the ultimate goal and it seemd as if nothing else metters, why not just cheat and win at all costs? Why not try to steal their playbook? Why not tap into their headsets? I think there is more than just winning. But then again, that's the way I was raised. There is more than just winning and losing. Dignity and self respect.

Schleprock said:
2. As I stated, are you naive to think 100's and 100's of other NBA, NFL, and MLB players are giving up their marijuana because of tests?? I'll bet a huge chunk of money that they aren't...and that you are rooting for some of them as a die hard fan on the team you follow!

So as long as people have done worse, than what I do is ok? How come I never got away with that line of reasoning as a kid? My parents never bought it. I know I don't let my kids get away with it. If it is wrong, it is wrong, no matter if your friends di something "more wrong". Is this where we are losing personal accountability?

Back
Top Bottom