Form Your Own Thought: Ross Flying To Miami Directly After Bills Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Form Your Own Thought: Ross Flying To Miami Directly After Bills Game

Which is why this is not a good fit for ROSS. He explicitly stated when he took over full ownership that he wanted a fast-paced, high scoring, high flying offense. That's why he's hired Cam Cameron, Joe Philbin and now Adam Gase. He's NEVER going to consciously seek out a ball control minded coach. For him it's always going to require a "franchise QB" or it's going to be a failure. Do you have ANY faith that ANYONE Ross would select as a GM to pick a "franchise" QB? Look at Tanenbaum's record with QBs. He dumps Pennington to pick up Favre. Favre self-destructs and Penny has a Comeback Player of the Year season. Then he picks up Sanchez, let's Favre go, then Favre has a great season with Vikings... LOL....
Maybe, but this is exactly the same scheme that his brother Jim Harbaugh uses, which is the guy Ross flew his private jet out to the west coast to recruit while he still had Sparano coaching the team. Ross then later helped Jim Harbaugh become the Michigan coach. His approval, familiarity and like for the Harbaugh's coaching style seems pretty well documented not only by words but also by actions.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Ross is the most knowledgeable about football. He just wants to own a team and win. Sure, he'd prefer to score points, but under Gase we have finished 24th or below in offense for 3 years and only had one good season. Meanwhile, Jim Harbaugh's time in the NFL with San Francisco seemed to be very good from the wins-standpoint. John Harbaugh, fighting in the same division as the always competitive Pittsburgh Steelers, seems to have had a fair amount of success as well. My guess is that Ross is tired of not being good, and is willing to accept a less explosive offense if it means wins. But that's just a guess on my part. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Which is why this is not a good fit for ROSS. He explicitly stated when he took over full ownership that he wanted a fast-paced, high scoring, high flying offense. That's why he's hired Cam Cameron, Joe Philbin and now Adam Gase. He's NEVER going to consciously seek out a ball control minded coach. For him it's always going to require a "franchise QB" or it's going to be a failure. Do you have ANY faith that ANYONE Ross would select as a GM to pick a "franchise" QB? Look at Tanenbaum's record with QBs. He dumps Pennington to pick up Favre. Favre self-destructs and Penny has a Comeback Player of the Year season. Then he picks up Sanchez, let's Favre go, then Favre has a great season with Vikings... LOL....

Ross didnt hire Cameron...the Jets let Pennington go because his arm was toast and we won in 2008 because of the Wildcat for the most part...Favre was let go by the Jets because he was going to retire again...

Back
Top Bottom