Former Dolphin Minkah Fitzpatrick speaks on fallout with Miami | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphin Minkah Fitzpatrick speaks on fallout with Miami

Sounds good to make y’all feel better about it, still missing out on a HOF safety

The ONLY consolation to losing Fitzpatrick was getting a 1st round pick in return (the fact he was disgruntled made it somewhat easier to take as well). I wa stalking to one of my firned immediately after the trade (he's a Steelers fan) and I told him, "you guys are getting a great player. The only saving grace of this trade is the Dolphins gettinga 1st round pick in return." ASt that time, that first round pick looked like a high 1st round pick.

I agree HOF is a big statement, and I’m not saying I’m 100% sure he’ll get there. But if he stays healthy, it’s a possibility.

But yes I realize the difference between them, he was selected as all pro last year.

Not offended, I realize that’s just your personality and what you post. Not trying to sound rude but that’s why I said your opinion wasn’t anything to me because I’ve seen what you posted in the past. We’re good
You said it, now he is unhappy with his second team in 3 years. I think you missed the point on who's full of *** on this one... HOF...

You said it, now he is unhappy with his second team in 3 years. I think you missed the point on who's full of *** on this one... HOF...
All pro at 23 years old. Your argument is weak

I really can't stand that people hate when our players were unhappy after this move. The Tunsil move was being removed for days and there were headlines that the team would "revolt" if that were to happen. And I just don't understand why the heck the players wouldn't. We were never expected to compete last year but getting rid of Tunsil, pretty much our only starting caliber linemen, 100 percent guaranteed it. And the players, who had working the butts off through camp with at least the promise of some enjoyable, if likely losing in the end, football ahead.

Look at what happened afterwards. We lose by like a combined hundred points in the first two games - the worst two games in modern NFL history. Our starting RB, who was really just in a revolving door of ineffective runners, averaged 2 YPC. Our QB, who didn't even start three games, led the team in rushing. We were historically bad at running the ball. Our other young QB spent three games barely being able to get rid of the ball before a defensive linemen before being blasted. Sometimes we couldn't even block well enough to get a handoff done.

Some people on here want Ned Flanders, completely infallible saints on their team, who never complain no matter what. Myself, I kind of like guys who want to do well and want to win, and get rightfully ticked off when the team puts a dagger in its roster right before week one. I would be right there with the ticked off guys.
I like guys that want to be part of building something special. Guys that are arrogant enough to believe that they are going to be the difference of turning a team into a winner. Leaders, in other words.

he wanted no part of being a box safety even more where he could never live up to his full potential or draft slot for that matter and likely given his frame and how much contact that ask brings probably scraped shelf life and earnings that come with it in the process.

and I sure as hell don’t blame him.
I agree with you but I don't think he is really a free safety either. I think his true value is being able to play a bunch of different positions in the defensive backfield. He is what people in the "old days" would call a tweener.

I agree with you but I don't think he is really a free safety either. I think his true value is being able to play a bunch of different positions in the defensive backfield. He is what people in the "old days" would call a tweener.

he’s malcolm Jenkins with slightly better instincts better pure carry coverage and less tackling

Its ok to like Brian Flores but still question his personal moves.

Trading Minkah was a bad move, but getting rid of him helped aid the season that landed us Tua.

Of course it's okay to question his personnel moves. What sticks out to me most is that Fitzpatrick flat-out violated the "no one person is bigger than the team" philosophy. Don't like where you're being played, how you're being played? Understandable. There's a way to handle that. "Going rogue" (his words) isn't it.

From all accounts I've seen, Flores/Grier TRIED to make it work. When it didn't work out, they traded him. In return? They ended up with Noah Igbinoghene and Solomon Kindley. We have no idea how that's going to work out down the road...but it's not like they got nothing back for him.

But I totally can't see how Flores is viewed as egocentric out of this.

My favorite Minkah play, was hoping to see a lot more of this with Miami. Oh well...

Maybe this will shine a light for some fans to realize that sometimes when a young player doesn't look overly impressive in their early seasons it might be because of their usage or the scheme they're in. It's not always all on the player just not living up to expectations.
My guess, outside looking in of course, is that talent was not an issue. It was all attitude and "coachability". There may have been a slight add of personality between player and coach. I certainly liked some of my teachers more than others. By my memory did not his mom chip in on one of the social medias?

I would of never let him go until his contract was up.
I agree. He had no leverage. Eventually he woulda got on board. If he didn’t then we coulda dealt him. The saving grace is we got Tua which is a game changer. If we kept Mikah we might have won another game and not been able to draft tua or have to give up assets for trade up. But I don’t care if he didn’t want to be here. That doesn’t mean anything. He had no leverage in his contract with Miami.

Back
Top Bottom