Former Dolphin Minkah Fitzpatrick speaks on fallout with Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphin Minkah Fitzpatrick speaks on fallout with Miami

look at it like this. Minkah stays, Miami wins 1 more game, SD drafts Tua, Miami drafts Herbert.
This how I always felt and was able to accept the trade when it happened, as long as it ensures us to get Tua, and we damn sure did.

Sounds good to make y’all feel better about it, still missing out on a HOF safety

definitely has the potential if he’s utilized properly. Free safety who also mans the slot in some packages.

Austin Jackson’s gonna have to play a long term top 10 left tackle for this trade to come close to leveling out. I’m glad miami swung for the fences with that pick at least instead of going the safe/low upside Christian Wilkins type play with it.

Minkah made the Pro Bowl based on his play in those first 5 games as a Steeler. I was shocked. It makes you wonder, how deep the FS or Safety postion is in the AFC. He tailed off the final 5 games and still made it. Let's see what happens moving forward. I want to see if he'll dare mouth off in Pittsburgh?

Your opinions aren’t relevant to me with everything you’ve had to say this past year but yeah we’ll see. Ive always said all pro but now he’s on a team that will use him better and he has an all pro already.
Pro bowler, yes.

HOF is a different matter entirely. Wouldn't you agree?

As an aside, All Pro and Pro bowler are not the same thing either.

Perhaps the meme was a bit over the top. It was meant as humor, not to offend you personally.

Pro bowler, yes.

HOF is a different matter entirely. Wouldn't you agree?

As an aside, All Pro and Pro bowler are not the same thing either.

Perhaps the meme was a bit over the top. It was meant as humor, not to offend you personally.
I agree HOF is a big statement, and I’m not saying I’m 100% sure he’ll get there. But if he stays healthy, it’s a possibility.

But yes I realize the difference between them, he was selected as all pro last year.

Not offended, I realize that’s just your personality and what you post. Not trying to sound rude but that’s why I said your opinion wasn’t anything to me because I’ve seen what you posted in the past. We’re good

I agree HOF is a big statement, and I’m not saying I’m 100% sure he’ll get there. But if he stays healthy, it’s a possibility.

But yes I realize the difference between them, he was selected as all pro last year.

Not offended, I realize that’s just your personality and what you post. Not trying to sound rude but that’s why I said your opinion wasn’t anything to me because I’ve seen what you posted in the past. We’re good
I can see how you, as a huge Bama fan, would take issue with some of my opinions.

This board wouldn't be very interesting if it were an "echo chamber".

Sounds good to make y’all feel better about it, still missing out on a HOF safety
After 5 good games he was not so Hall of Fame worthy. He'll always be good, but sorry, he does come off as an azz. He was traded, played free safety and was all-pro. He touched the ball twice after those five games (a deflection and fumble recovery).

Now he wants to play all over the defense so that the offense doesn't know how to plan for him in Pittsburgh. Wasn't that what Miami wanted? If I were him, I'd just stay at free and not tease with the "jack-of-all" trades shtick. He also was not a fan of playing close to the line of scrimmage which is what Miami wanted him to do.

No one hates the guy. I hope he's great, but he's not a Dolphin. I think the trade can't be judged yet and I'd still do that trade for a disgruntled player, HOF'er or not.

One thing I can say Pittsburgh used him.. the right way.. football today is business..these guy want get paid first. BB way work better in New England..I think flores and Fitzpatrick. Should have been able to agree or work something out.Fitzpatrick is very talent at fs position...

Miami dropped the ball on this one and two coaching staffs failed this man. Good for him getting the hell out. I was so excited when we drafted him to be our over the top field general and we never let him play that role. Total waste, big Flores fan but this was a massive blemish and step backwards last year. Minkah should have been deep for Miami for a decade. Sad.

After 5 good games he was not so Hall of Fame worthy. He'll always be good, but sorry, he does come off as an azz. He was traded, played free safety and was all-pro. He touched the ball twice after those five games (a deflection and fumble recovery).

Now he wants to play all over the defense so that the offense doesn't know how to plan for him in Pittsburgh. Wasn't that what Miami wanted? If I were him, I'd just stay at free and not tease with the "jack-of-all" trades shtick. He also was not a fan of playing close to the line of scrimmage which is what Miami wanted him to do.

No one hates the guy. I hope he's great, but he's not a Dolphin. I think the trade can't be judged yet and I'd still do that trade for a disgruntled player, HOF'er or not.
His stats dipped because they avoided him after the first half. Our situation was different because we played him where we needed him the most. We’ll never know the full truth of how it was handled

Back
Top Bottom