Former Dolphin Minkah Fitzpatrick speaks on fallout with Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphin Minkah Fitzpatrick speaks on fallout with Miami

IMO, this is why Flores let him go because he wasn't a team first guy. I bet Flores liked him as a player

I bet the next 10 years in PITTS they will be praising him for his "team first" attitude and play.

I won't bash the young man. He was a high end talent this new FO and CS did not know how to approach or use properly.

Bobby mccains bought in. And as a result he’s gotten paid in a way his play has never validated. Team player? Sure. And eye sore at safety. Hell marginal slot. way too much separation out of cuts in the slot and that was before the bad extension even.

one hell of a communicator though...so I’m told. Does a great job of getting everyone else in position. Too bad he’s not.
When I hear good communicator and Bobby McCain, I'm reminded of the texans game a couple years ago were Will Fuller was just running free and mccain is just running around pointing is finger

It seems to me Fitzpatrik is just trying to justify what how he behaved and that only makes things worse for him. At this point, many Dolphins fans will either look at those justifications as excuses or will ignore them outright. Either option looks good to me.

The article looks like it was a very responsible piece of journalism. That was something I don't see enough of.

Turnovers are or can be game changing plays. I saw a bunch of solid Dolphins defenses lose a lot of games because they held their positions well but could never play the darn football, so when push came to shove QB's like Brady just threw the ball through guys like Sean Smith to make the plays needed to win a game.

big plays due to blown coverages can also be huge game changing plays. if you guess you better guess right 2 out of 3 times. even if your right the first 2 and guess wronf the 3rd, that could swing momentum back to the other team

minkah was an all-pro with the steelers.

game. blouses.

big plays due to blown coverages can also be huge game changing plays. if you guess you better guess right 2 out of 3 times. even if your right the first 2 and guess wronf the 3rd, that could swing momentum back to the other team

mccains middle name is blown coverage

Ok, butow many guys have the Dolphins had in the secondary who could never cause a turnover or even make a pass breakup yet still they blew coverages.

I still wish that they could have worked it out because I think Fitzpatrick will be an all pro safety for several years to come and Miami needs better safeties than they have now. Hopefully Jackson works out at LT because if he does, at least watching Fitzpatrick have so much success with the Steelers won’t feel as bad.
A pass blocking tackle has much more value than a safety. Fitzpatrick is so good that Jackson would have to really work out to call it a wash. But he doesn't necessarily need to be as good at his position as Fitzpatrick is for that to be the case.

There is a reason that the draft had 4 Tackles drafted at the top of the first round and zero first round safeties. Positional value must be taken into account when comparing the two players.

Our O-line has been a huge problem for years now. You can't win with that. I didn't like losing Fitz, but this problem needed to be addressed.

And as I've pointed out before, had we kept a player as good as Fitz we likely win another game. Maybe he's the difference against the Redskins. If that happens there is no Tua.

So who which do you choose? Tua/Jackson or Herbert/Fitzpatrick?

I'm just done with this discussion because in the end we got the QB we have wanted for nearly 2 years now. Fitz's presence could have ruined that.

Glenn wound up playing pretty well for Parcells. I think Bill went and got him when he was with the Cowboys, later on. Terry had a pretty good career. RIP

Yeah Glenn and BP obviously didn't mind each other in the long run. BP was kind of like Gruden (TB era) in running a retirement village with veterans in Dallas.

Look. Flores and Grier blew this. Okay? These guy are very competent. No doubt in my mind. But this remains the worst trade in franchise history.

Glenn wound up playing pretty well for Parcells. I think Bill went and got him when he was with the Cowboys, later on. Terry had a pretty good career. RIP
Yeah

It was more of a motivational dig, than an indication of the player.

Glenn was a very solid #1 for a few years. Fast, and great route runner IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom