Former Fin WR Bess dealing with "serious family issue" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Fin WR Bess dealing with "serious family issue"

Wasn't a fan of the move at the time, but is looking all the more like a good Ireland move.

Really sad to think about... i remember watching a 10 min documentary on Bess when he was a Fin. Had an unfortunate 'wrong place/wrong time' incident as a kid that almost prevented him from ever playing football. Then he overcomes and has a great career at Hawaii, then makes the dolphins roster as an UDFA. Now this. Really sad

Sounds like to me he has given up and has reverted back to the pre-Dolphins Bess. He had quite a few issues in high school and college with the law but was a model citizen, and player, with the Dolphins. The trade to Cleveland seems to be what set him off to his old ways. Cleveland has a way of doing that to people.

This photo along with this mornings assault arrest tells me he has given up.

tumblr_mzi79rptoW1rge74zo1_500-1.jpg

Sounds like to me he has given up and has reverted back to the pre-Dolphins Bess. He had quite a few issues in high school and college with the law but was a model citizen, and player, with the Dolphins. The trade to Cleveland seems to be what set him off to his old ways. Cleveland has a way of doing that to people.

This photo along with this mornings assault arrest tells me he has given up.

Sounds like he is on cocaine. His actions don't sound like someone just smoking weed.

Sounds like he is on cocaine. His actions don't sound like someone just smoking weed.

He is for sure on more than just pot. I can promise you those 2 games he missed at the end of the season weren't for "family reasons" either. He has probably been off the charts for the past month and this was a culmination of events and substances.

Very sad over this. Obviously there have been some stressers in his life and no one responsible to ground him. My question is:
a) was resulting malaise over the trade to Cleveland the catalyst of this dysfunctional behavior? And/or did it put him into contact with new poor peer influences?
b) was trading him for next to nothing because of their inkling of what was to come actually actually one of Ireland and Philbin's better pro-active moves?
c) was this behavioral deviation totally unrelated to the locational and team status change?

I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

Very sad over this. Obviously there have been some stressers in his life and no one responsible to ground him. My question is:
a) was resulting malaise over the trade to Cleveland the catalyst of this dysfunctional behavior? And/or did it put him into contact with new poor peer influences?
b) was trading him for next to nothing because of their inkling of what was to come actually actually one of Ireland and Philbin's better pro-active moves?
c) was this behavioral deviation totally unrelated to the locational and team status change?

I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

I would go with A. I would bet, he is very unhappy to be in cleveland.

Sounds like a double whammy. When he hurt his back here and then the front office showed no appreciation and dumped him set him off. A lot of self medicating and bitter feelings lead down a dark road. Hope he finds his way back before he gets in too deep.

Bess has gone off the reservation. He always seemed to be level-headed when he was here, but in recent weeks his behavior on social media has been very odd.

He just tweets nonstop random stuff on rastafari, obscure rap lyrics or Beyoncé.

I love Rasta culture as much as the next guy, but there is something odd about the way Bess is spraying stuff all over twitter, with apparently no regard for his career.

Thats what my thoughts are exactly. If anyone could help Bess out, it might just be Ricky Williams

I follow him on Twitter and he's been posting really odd things lately. He seems to have converted to Rastafarian.

Back
Top Bottom