Former Fins owner Wayne Huizenga passes away | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Fins owner Wayne Huizenga passes away

Well that sucks. Got to shake his hand a few years ago after a Dolphins game. He was sitting in a golf cat waiting to get to his helicopter right next to me. Didn't recognize him at first, then once I did I said what's up Wayne, he was very cordial. All seems like he had his heart invested in the Dolphins, wish he could have seen us win one again.

Great owner. Missed him a long time. RIP Mr. Huizenga. :(

RIP Mr. Huizenga.

I got meet him more then once at Marlin's games as a kid. A good friend had season tickets (the seats that were on the 1st base side practically on the field) and we sat very close to Mr. Huizenga. Great man and true visionary.

That's sad. I loved that guy and what he did for the Miami sports scene. He will be missed by fans that saw how lost our sports scene was in the 80's.

RIP

No, he was hated for selling off half the team after their first World Series championship...
That is so not true. He invested a lot of money for the Championship year in order to grow the fan base. It was absolutely clear that he will sell of the team the following year. He lost over 30 Mill that Championship year. That was unsustainable. The man brought professional baseball and professional hockey to South Florida. He saved the Dolphins from being moved when Joe Robbie died.

He was a good owner for the Dolphins with one big mistake. He was a great owner for the Marlins and Panthers. Extremely charitable to the community. He is a big loss to SE Florida.

Back
Top Bottom