Former Fins owner Wayne Huizenga passes away | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Fins owner Wayne Huizenga passes away

That is so not true. He invested a lot of money for the Championship year in order to grow the fan base. It was absolutely clear that he will sell of the team the following year. He lost over 30 Mill that Championship year. That was unsustainable. The man brought professional baseball and professional hockey to South Florida. He saved the Dolphins from being moved when Joe Robbie died.

He was a good owner for the Dolphins with one big mistake. He was a great owner for the Marlins and Panthers. Extremely charitable to the community. He is a big loss to SE Florida.

I'm not saying it was actually true, just saying that a sizable amount of Marlin fans perceived it that way and thus hated him for it. I think he was a pretty good owner overall as well. I respect Huizenga a lot actually.

Wayne used to pick up our families trash in his garbage truck (Pompano Beach - Cresthaven) in the late 60's.
Hard to believe a man from such humble beginnings accomplished so much.
A great story.

RIP Mr. Huizenga, you were an excellent steward of the Dolphins and always gave as much as you could and more than could be asked of you. Our lack of success was not your fault. Your contribution was greatly appreciated. Thanks, and you're in a better place today.

RIP. Great owner. Open pockets for anything coaches wanted and wanted the best of everything for the team.

No, he was hated for selling off half the team after their first World Series championship...

Revenue sharing was in its infancy then (brought along slowly) and the TV money wasnt what it is now. That 97 Marlins team hemorrhaged money, not like recently when Loria was lying about losing money and robbed South Florida before selling for a billion+ dollar gain.

Huizenga cared about South Florida and South Florida sports. Great hands off owner that was always willing to spend. RIP.

He was a good owner. An argument could be made for him making pro sports relevant and sustainable in SoFla. It's a tough market. RIP

Sad news. Wayne tried everything with good intentions to win. Jimmy, Nick, heck even Parcells. These were considered top end moves at the time.

F cancer. It knows no bounds. Money, race, heritage. None of it matters when it comes to it.

Back
Top Bottom