Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away

RIP. Tony may not have been a great coach, but he was a great guy. For all of his faults that 2008 season was a lot of fun.

What does that say about all the other coaches that have been here in the last 27 years (except Shula)?

11-5 is the best record any Dolphin team has had since the 1990 season, 2008 was best record in the last 16 years, and looking at his 2008 roster, he accomplished it with the least amount of talent of all those teams.

So while I am not saying Tony is a some top notch coach, that 2008 season was everything you could ask out of a “great coach” and I forever will remember Tony for the job he did that season.

And honestly, personnel decisions ultimately doomed him. Pennington going down, the defense was atrocious fueled by the Gibril Wilson acquisition and yet he still had a team with their own destiny in their hands in 2009 with 2 games to play.

It is laughable to think about what he accomplished with Henne/Ginn/Bess/Hartline as his passing attack.

RIP dude . . . Bring that joy and personality to the next stop of your journey.

What does that say about all the other coaches that have been here in the last 27 years (except Shula)?

11-5 is the best record any Dolphin team has had since the 1990 season, 2008 was best record in the last 16 years, and looking at his 2008 roster, he accomplished it with the least amount of talent of all those teams.

So while I am not saying Tony is a some top notch coach, that 2008 season was everything you could ask out of a “great coach” and I forever will remember Tony for the job he did that season.

And honestly, personnel decisions ultimately doomed him. Pennington going down, the defense was atrocious fueled by the Gibril Wilson acquisition and yet he still had a team with their own destiny in their hands in 2009 with 2 games to play.

It is laughable to think about what he accomplished with Henne/Ginn/Bess/Hartline as his passing attack.

RIP dude . . . Bring that joy and personality to the next stop of your journey.

Handled the whole Harbaugh/getting stabbed in the back by one of your closest work friends (Jeff Ireland) with a lot of dignity too

Handled the whole Harbaugh/getting stabbed in the back by one of your closest work friends (Jeff Ireland) with a lot of dignity too

Man what an embarrassing moment for this organization . . . that moment all the way up through even now we seem to set the bar for crazy **** happening.

Back
Top Bottom