Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Tony Sparano Passes Away

Tony wasn't the best coach but he did lead us to win the AFC East. We were also always tough on both lines of scrimmage; wonder why we can't find a coach that specializes in that?

R.I.P nonetheless.

Man, that's shocking! 56 is far too young. RIP coach :(

Damn what a shock. Usually stuff like this doesn't hit home for me, but this one sure does. I'll never forget the magic that was the 2008 season. RIP coach.

For a lot of younger fans like me, the 2008 season is the best and most fun season of Dolphins football I’ve ever witnessed. The greatest single season turnaround in the history of the NFL. RIP Tony.

So shocked to hear this. Last playoff appearance till 2016. Last AFC East title. From 1 win till 11 in one season.

What does that say about all the other coaches that have been here in the last 27 years (except Shula)?

11-5 is the best record any Dolphin team has had since the 1990 season, 2008 was best record in the last 16 years, and looking at his 2008 roster, he accomplished it with the least amount of talent of all those teams.

So while I am not saying Tony is a some top notch coach, that 2008 season was everything you could ask out of a “great coach” and I forever will remember Tony for the job he did that season.

And honestly, personnel decisions ultimately doomed him. Pennington going down, the defense was atrocious fueled by the Gibril Wilson acquisition and yet he still had a team with their own destiny in their hands in 2009 with 2 games to play.

It is laughable to think about what he accomplished with Henne/Ginn/Bess/Hartline as his passing attack.

RIP dude . . . Bring that joy and personality to the next stop of your journey.

That was kind of my point. End of the day record wasn't great but he had a great season and it was fun

Wow. Sad news. RIP coach Sparano! He was a good man and deserved to be treated better than he was here at the end.

Last edited:
RIP coach Sparano! Gave us one of the better seasons in recent memory and the infamous Wildcat game in Foxboro.

Back
Top Bottom