Former Miami Dolphins Player Chuck Klingbeil Dies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Miami Dolphins Player Chuck Klingbeil Dies

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Klingbeil was my kinda player. He got by on grit and determination, more than athletic dominance. It is sad to hear he died at such a young age.

According to a Miami Dolphins related web site (phinsider.com) Houghton native and former Miami Dolphins football player Chuck Klingbeil has died. He was 52 years old. Miami signed Klingbeil as a free agent in 1991. His big play in the NFL was recovering a fumble by Green Bay Packers' quarterback Don Majkowski in the end for a touchdown on the day Dolphins' Head Coach Don Shula won his 300th game.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com...ns-player-Chuck-Klingbeil-dies-485994571.html

Last edited:
WOW!!! Loved him as a player. Even bought a 99 jersey in 1994 (which I still have) because of him. Hope he's finding answers and peace now.

Solid NT. Not very athletic, but had been a power lifter before football and was very strong and difficult to move off the LOS.

RIP and was Chuck the one who fell on hard times in years past for stealing manhole covers or am I confusing him with someone else. his only arrest when I was trying to google it mentioned prescription drugs. always liked the guy tho, was a hole clogger for sure

Sad to hear. Definitely one of the guys I remember from Dolphin watching infancy years. That's not a name you forget.

RIP Chuck, best wishes to his family.

Blue collar guy not super talented but super hard worker. Won a game for us single handed with no time outs, opposing team winning by less than a touchdown handing the ball off last minute of the game at their own goal line and they fumbled the ball. Chuck jumps on the ball and we win the game.

I remember him well. Hard worker too. Agree he was way too young. RIP

Back
Top Bottom