Former Miami Dolphins Player Chuck Klingbeil Dies | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Miami Dolphins Player Chuck Klingbeil Dies

RIP Chuck!!! I remember watching him play for us back then when I was coming into my mid teens. The epitome of a Don Shula type of player.

He was a contemporary of T.J. Turner, Shawn Lee, Harry Galbreath, John Grimsley, and David Griggs. All of them went early.

I did my undergrad at Michigan Tech U (in Houghton), and the last game I went to in Miami was that Green Bay game. It was really hot that day, and win was awesome.

RIP

Me on a hike in the Hudson Valley two years and 15 pounds ago, wearing my 99 jersey. I like to wear my Dolphins jerseys when hiking, if only because I figure it will be easier to spot my corpse in the woods if I take a wrong step. View attachment 12726
Dad?!? :laugh

Holy ****, man - you look like me in about 10 years ... If I lose 30 pounds and my beard goes gray. :laugh

I was at that Green Bay game where Klingbeil recovered the fumble that led to the victory. That was a highlight in an otherwise disappointing season, sandwiched between two much better ones.

RIP to Chuck Klingbeil, proud member of those early to mid 90s Dolphins teams that were truly the Bronze Age of the franchise (after the Golden Age of the early 70s and the Silver Age of the early to mid 80s). Klingbeil was part of the last Dolphins team to win a divisional round playoff game and advance to the conference championship in 1992. It’s been tough sledding since then.

I forgot about Jarvis Williams, Harry Galbreath and Alfred Ogelsby. Just shows how unpredictable life is. It may sound silly, but if tonight were my last night on Earth, I would only have two MAJOR regrets: my first (and I hope only) divorce and (seriously!) not seeing the Dolphins win a Super Bowl while I was an adult and being able to fully appreciate it. My first Dolphins game was their last Super Bowl victory. I was eight and it was the Dark Ages insofar as technology considered. No way to rewatch the game at my convenience. No sports talk radio to gorge myself on pro-Dolphins calls. No seemingly endless array of merchandise to purchase.

I have a few other regrets, but nothing quite as large as those. With the exception of my Dad, my family relationships have all been good, my career path (such as it is) has been good and is finally on track that it should've been years ago. Inasmuch as I don't have kids, I will become a step-dad to my wife's 14-year-old son when he gets here from China in about 6-9 months, so that's one less regret (that would've been major regret #3).

Enjoy your time here on Earth. Don't hesitate to tell people around you how much they mean to you and don't EVER EVER hesitate to make your own corner of the Universe just a little nicer for you and yours, even if you don't like them. Don't be afraid to be someone else's inspiration. For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are: it might have been.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom