Former NFL GM raves about Dolphins' 2020 NFL Draft Class | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former NFL GM raves about Dolphins' 2020 NFL Draft Class

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphin’s 2020 NFL Draft class didn’t necessarily turn out as expected — with half of the team’s top-100 draft selections tallied on the defensive side of the football. Given Miami’s needs offensively, that seems to have put some skepticism on the Dolphins’ class. But this collection of talent was acquired with the long-term vision in mind. The Dolphins suddenly have a plethora of depth defensively and have enough new pieces offensively to kickstart a new brand of offensive football in Miami in the coming years — with 2020 serving as the foundation.

At least one former NFL general manager sees the biggest picture, too. The Dolphins scored a rave review from NFL Network’s Charley Casserly...

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...gm-raves-about-dolphins-2020-nfl-draft-class/

If you like Tua it’s an A draft.. if you don’t it’s an F. There’s no in between. He either turns things around or we try again in 5 years. But hitting on every other pick we still won’t make the playoffs
The draft was never about the playoffs but the foundation of the team going forward. This is independent of the playoffs.. Anybody giving the team an F because they don't like Tua...is...of their own opinion I guess.

If you like Tua it’s an A draft.. if you don’t it’s an F. There’s no in between. He either turns things around or we try again in 5 years. But hitting on every other pick we still won’t make the playoffs
I’m sorry but that’s not true. If they hit on every other pick but Tua this team would be really good.

I really don't put too much on what those "experts" say good or bad when it comes to the draft. Nobody knows at this point how things will turn out. They have to go out the ere and play the games and that's how we'll know if this was a good draft or not. Some people here like everything we do and some people hate everything we do. I guess I'm a bit in the middle. I liked most of what we did in the draft but not everything. There's a couple of things I'd have done different but it's not up to me and I'll root for all the players we drafted and hope for the best.

This was always going to be(irrespective of Tua)and unsexy, build the trenches Draft.

And that is what it was.

Casual fans hate to see OL picked, they want a Fantasy team full of WR's and RB's.

When all those unsexy picks are blocking for Tua down the line they will be very glad to have them.

NEXT years Draft will be the sexy one. ;)

The consensus is Miami did well. ESPN, NFLN and the web pundits are all making nice comments about Miami's draft class. With the exception of some Pie Hole who gave Miami an F. It's been a while since there was such positive talk about Miami. I guess the cynical side of me now feels like it's a jinks?

If we hit on a 15 year franchise QB, we won the draft. All other position players average around 5 years of quality NFL production before they start to decline or get injured. Very few position players make an impact for 10+ years.... a QB can be productive for 15 even 20.

If Tua is a top 5 QB, we get and A+ and won the draft.

If Tua breaks down and never accomplishes anything, then maybe a B-. You cant land quality trench players like we did and get an F it's just lazy and irresponsible journalism

that doesn't make any sense. there is always room for the in between. it's why we have arbitrary rating systems. why would we say rate something from 1-5 if you couldn't rate things 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? you'd just say rate it 1 or 5.

But you know what you do you ricky bobby.

Last edited:
It's a A draft for me we swing for the fences for Tua and didn't give up any draft capital to boot. That we would pick 5 th this year and still get Tua would have been unthinkable last year. Tua didn't loose any talent and imo he is not more injury prone than Burrow. Tua makes that title game and Bama wins then we would have drafted Burrow not Tua this year to put it in perspective. As far as the other draftees outside of rounds 6 and 7 they all carry high grades by some of these draftniks along with lower grades by some. I look at it as a body of work we worked hard aquiring these picks and got good value moving around in the draft plus drafted players at just about every position on the team, along with Tua. While the fins have a poor legacy drafting this is in the top 3 drafts I have witnessed in about 50 years. If Tua stays healthy then it's definitely number 1.

Back
Top Bottom