Former Texans oline coach John Benton named Fins assistant oline coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Texans oline coach John Benton named Fins assistant oline coach

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Lots of experience, comes from a great running game....on the surface it looks like a great hire.

Assistant OL coach?! So that means Turner will be retained! Geesh man..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Any chance the media somehow slams us on this too?! I sure hope not..

He should be replacing Turner, not being his assistant.

Assistant OL coach?! So that means Turner will be retained! Geesh man..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Probably, but at least Turner has a pretty good assistant now. Also there is a chance that after the Wells' report comes out that Benton is promoted to offensive line coach.

Benton will replace Chris Mosley who was fired midway through last season. Curiously the offensive line actually played better once Mosley was fired.

sounds good. I dont loathe Turner like some do, you cant make a good meal from horse ****

Good hire. Lots of experience making solid ZB OL's, think he could be used as a safety blanket if Turner has to get canned.

Good hire. Lots of experience making solid ZB OL's, think he could be used as a safety blanket if Turner has to get canned.

Exactly what I was thinking. If for some reason they are forced to fire Turner after the report comes out, they have a good replacement lined up.

I freakin love this move. Only wish they would have named him O-line coach and demoted or fired Turner.

This is great news. This was a guy I coveted as soon as the Texans imploded. He seemed get-able and I am glad we got him.

Take a look at the Texans' running game over a several year period. Excellent. Also, note how his players developed. Wade Smith was hot garbage in Miami. He goes to Houston and Benton literally gets him to the Pro Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom