Former Texans oline coach John Benton named Fins assistant oline coach | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Texans oline coach John Benton named Fins assistant oline coach

I predicted the 2013 season, would be a make or break season based on the play of the Offensive Line. they looked bad in pre-season and it carried over into the regular season. Although the O-Line can't be held completely responsible, thanks in part to the Bad Blitz Pick-Ups of the RB's/TE's in the backfield responsible for picking up the blitzers. Miller and surprisingly Thomas were atrocious blocking. Those 2 couldn't block their way out of a paper bag they were so bad. Turner IMHO is directly at fault for having such a mitigating mess, trying to protect Tannehill. I'm with all of those Dolfan's calling for Turner's head. He doesn't deserve to be an Offensive Line Coach!!! John Benton is an experienced NFL coach, who I feel will play a bigger part, then Turner, in turning around Miami's piss poor blocking. I'm hopeful he'll bring some WCO Lineman along with him that he previously coached, which would be an immediate improvement, before the draft even takes place.

Agree 100% excellent comments :-)

Turner is gone. Good riddance. Just some ex military meat head with no real coaching ability. Benton is clearly slated to replace him as soon as this report coming out confirms he's garbage.

The Dolphins just officially announced this hire. The press release does call it "assistant" offensive line. Wonder if the "assistant" part will be removed next week.

Back
Top Bottom