Four potential veteran cuts for the Dolphins this summer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four potential veteran cuts for the Dolphins this summer

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

DE Charles Harris

This one may need to happen regardless of what happens in the NFL Draft. Harris has had three seasons to leave a lasting impression on the field as a Miami Dolphin and he’s seemingly regressed in each season. The general consensus around Harris is that he’s a good man and a hard worker — but the former 1st-round pick played in just 39% of Miami’s snaps this past season despite a desperate need for pass rush production.

RB Kalen Ballage

Like Harris, Ballage may be best off looking for a fresh start elsewhere. It’s hard to shake the memories of Ballage rushing for 1.8 yards per carry on 74 carries in 2019 — just like it is hard to shake the images of the dropped passes and missteps in the passing game. The Dolphins are intent on overhauling their running back room and that should leave Ballage on the outside looking in.

I hope Wilson is willing to restructure his contract if given the opportunity by the Dolphins. He appeared to be regaining his speed and agility over the last few games last season after taking nearly a year to recover from his hip injury.
As far as the other three players listed in the article, I will be surprised if any of them are on the roster once the season starts.

ballage 1.8
Laird 2.7 tells me O-line is bad when QB scramble for 4.5 yard average

Curious if someone would take a flyer on Harris for a 7th next year. Ballage should just be cut. Neither warrant a roster space next year. Tankersley may just be done as he has missed the last two seasons for the most part. Wilson is the only player on the list that has any immediate value, but if someone steps up...he could be gone because of that contract.

The only way I see Wilson cut is if we signed Trent Williams, Clowney or Ngakoue to a big contract. I don’t think that’s happening with this staff.

I am convinced Harris is still on this squad only because Chris Grier doesn't want to look incompetent. Same with Bobby McCain and that horrible contract extension.

IMHO there are WR's that will be there in the 5th that could replace Wilson. I'd rather we take a shot on a young guy with upside. Wilson deserves to be cut early enough to find a team of his choice. Let him go to a contender rather than a rebuilding team that is still a couple/few years away.

Back
Top Bottom