Fox fires Lyons after making racial remarks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox fires Lyons after making racial remarks

Lou is a little late in covering Lyons butt!!

He should have went public as soon as he was fired. Not a week later!! I got a feeling with his new job Lou just wanted no part of any of this so he squashed it!

Lyons keeps job on Dodgers telecasts

Fired Fox announcer Steve Lyons got backing on two fronts Tuesday: He can keep his part-time broadcasting job with the Los Angeles Dodgers if he completes diversity training, and Lou Piniella came to his defense.

Lyons was fired over the weekend for making a racially insensitive comment while on the air with Piniella during the AL championship series.

"There isn't a racist bone in his body. Not one," Piniella said after being introduced as manager of the Chicago Cubs. "I've known the guy personally.
He was kidding with me, nothing more and nothing less."

Piniella called Lyons' firing "an unfortunate thing."

Lyons was dismissed after Friday's Game 3 of the ALCS between Oakland and Detroit.

The Dodgers said Lyons would remain on the job for FSN Prime Ticket "upon the completion of diversity training and under probationary guidelines." Lyons works with Charley Steiner on the 40-plus road games that Vin Scully doesn't do.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/specials/playoffs/2006/10/17/lyons.update.ap/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Lyons keeps job on Dodgers telecasts

Fired Fox announcer Steve Lyons got backing on two fronts Tuesday: He can keep his part-time broadcasting job with the Los Angeles Dodgers if he completes diversity training, and Lou Piniella came to his defense.

Lyons was fired over the weekend for making a racially insensitive comment while on the air with Piniella during the AL championship series.

"There isn't a racist bone in his body. Not one," Piniella said after being introduced as manager of the Chicago Cubs. "I've known the guy personally.
He was kidding with me, nothing more and nothing less."

Piniella called Lyons' firing "an unfortunate thing."

Lyons was dismissed after Friday's Game 3 of the ALCS between Oakland and Detroit.

The Dodgers said Lyons would remain on the job for FSN Prime Ticket "upon the completion of diversity training and under probationary guidelines." Lyons works with Charley Steiner on the 40-plus road games that Vin Scully doesn't do.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/specials/playoffs/2006/10/17/lyons.update.ap/index.html

there ya go. Everyone makes out in the end. Lyons won't be at a soup kitchen by you anytime soon!

Back
Top Bottom