Fox Sports Mock Draft Lists Miami as a suitor for Eli Manning.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox Sports Mock Draft Lists Miami as a suitor for Eli Manning..

Dolphins99Fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2141522

This isn't likely, but I found the line on the number 1 pick to be rather interesting.. And I quote..

1 Chargers Eli Manning QB Mississippi 1st  1/1 Manning likely will go No. 1 overall, but it may not be to the Chargers. They have many holes to fill, and could trade this pick to the highest bidder. Oakland, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Miami, Dallas and Green Bay are all potential Manning suitors.

I'm really not looking forward to seeing Jonathan Vilma line up across from my Dolphins twice a year. :shakeno:

12. Jets- Jonathan Vilma

It would be cool if we could get the #1 pick Which would be Manning but I think that is pretty much out of the question. When I look at the mock draft with all the teams having good qb's I think we should be alright with getting Rivers. The only team that might would get Rivers is the Saints. They said Pittsburg were'nt interested in a qb they would most likely go after a RB.

Oh yeah Eli would be a perfect suitor for the dolphins.

If we did get the 1st i would rather take Ben I believe he is going to be a better qb in the future. I went to alot of his college games and was very very impressed with his abilities every game. He has size and speed as well as excellent arm strength. Plus he can throw on the run in both directions

I wish the Steelers would go after some other QB then it would make sense them going with RB instead of QB. Even if they believe Maddox is the real deal he's old as heck...and I doubt they are ready to put it all on Charlie Batch's shoulders for the future.

I still don't know that Rivers will fall to 20. If its not the Steelers and its not the Bills, it'll be someone trading up or maybe just one of those teams we THINK has a good QB already, will go ahead and take him...like the Saints you mentioned.

Yeah Big Ben has the most impressive abilities in the draft but the thing is he didn't play against very good defenses and doesn't have the intangibles that Manning has. Manning played against top defenses, has better tools than his brother Peyton, and he's tall if not big (the big can come once he gets to the NFL). Eli was born to be a quarterback...probably an even better prospect than Peyton was.

I can't say that I'm sure that Manning or any of the other QBs (Ben or Rivers) will definately be the best. If we have to trade up, then I would prefer to spend less and move up just enough to to get one of the top 3. Obviously it depends upon who wants to trade down, but that would be my preference.

Originally posted by Thundercracker
how the hell would we get the #1?

2 firsts this year, and a conditional next might get us there, depending on what we get for O-gun.

Look, I'm all for getting Manning to be honest. I am blown away by Rivers, and am a huge fan of his. BUT...I have a feeling Rivers won't be there at #20. And to be honest, if we get a pick higher, I don't want to spend it on him. I want to get hte 20, but not much more.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't want to sell the farm for Eli. I really want Rivers, but if the choice is between

1. Trading the farm for Eli, the best possibility as a future franchise QB

or.

2. Trying to get rivers but having him nabbed a few spots ahead of us

I have to go with selling the farm for Eli. We'll see how it goes though.

I just don't understand why they would take Rivers if they were already set with there qbs I know they will do it. Yes if we were in the 5th round and there was a decent qb around I would take it But if we already had a decent qb I would not spend a first round draft pick on a qb it just don't make sense. If we did not need a qb for the future I would not want to draft a qb(rivers) I would want draft a wr so I hope that is what the other teams will do go after what they need. The bills probably want to just piss us off.

The Ben/ Eli talk is reminiscent of the Ryan/ Peyton talk all those years ago. Who do you think got the better of that deal?

I just wish that we could trade up closer so we would have a chance to get Rivers. We might have to give up to much to get Eli. I like Rivers better anyway. I know ya'll like Eli better and think he is better he probably is better but there is something about Rivers that I have been extremly impressed with since he started college he could make me sit on the end of my seat and say how did he do that. I know Eli was extremely accurate he just did not give me that feeling.

The difference is Ben is a very smart kid who was the best high school player in ohio and could have went to any college in the big ten but instead went to Miami of Ohio because it was alot better academically. And dont under estimate the D's he played against they are all college athletes and the MAC is the most underrated conference in the Nation. They ended up ranked higher then Eli's team too.

Originally posted by Brad528
The difference is Ben is a very smart kid who was the best high school player in ohio and could have went to any college in the big ten but instead went to Miami of Ohio because it was alot better academically. And dont under estimate the D's he played against they are all college athletes and the MAC is the most underrated conference in the Nation. They ended up ranked higher then Eli's team too.

I don't want to get into a "who's better" and what not, but I think many will support that the MAC is a weak conference comparitively. HOWEVER, it has produced some good QB"s, and will CONTINUE to produce good QB's (Ben, and Byron booth look like great prospects).

However, what REALLY bugs me, is in their one game against a "hard" (i'm using that lightly though, as IA dropped a few this season that they shouldn't have) team Ben threw FOUR interceptions. That to me says something. I'm not saying he'll consistently do it outside of the MAC, maybe he just had a bad game, but it's a nagging suspicion there in my head anyway.

Eli didn't really just light it up either though. I just feel more comfortable with going with Eli due to his comparison to his brother. Truth be told from Payton's mouth, Eli is the more natural QB. Side by Side at Ole Miss. he had a longer ball, with more velocity on it consistently than Eli. The one knock I always heard on Eli was that he wasn't the tape guru that Payton was. However, from ALL reports now I hear this is false, and that Eli is a 100% student of the game as well. That quells a lot of fears. SOmetimes I think we'd be buying a name, others I think we're buying a SB.

The thing about Ben is he might drop. The Chargers, Raiders and Cardinals have all said they will not take a QB (obviously this could change.) If Ben drops past the Cardinals I think we should really look at trading up. It would be cheaper than trading for the #1 and could still nab us a very very good QB.

I very much understand the Ryan Leaf talk, the difference is in attitude. Leaf is a head case and Roethlisberger has shown to be a very humble and intelligent guy.

Back
Top Bottom