Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very hard for me to believe that cog is racist. The whole NFL is black. Ur gonna tell me he hates all black ppl in the league even his own team mates? Come on if he is ****ing with him and he is saying racist stuff then what is the big deal? As long as he does not truly mean it then what's the harm? IMO it's really hard for me to believe that if he did say racist **** that he is really racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

must be nice living in that ivory tower you're in Tuna. just remember, the NFL is a microcosm of the world the rest of us live in.

"E pluribus unum"? (yeah right)

"One nation, under God, indivisible" (only for some)

"Liberty, and justice for all" (hah!)

America is the best this world has to offer... but seriously, it needs to stop perpetuating some lies.

Incognito can't be off this team fast enough. Fire his ass and let him be an elementary school gym teacher where he can make fun of fat kids and black kids all day.

One dumbass comment made by a drunk guy isn't going to convince me he's a racist. Anybody I've ever known who grew up in a household or area where words like that were commonplace will slip them out now and then. If dropping one n-bomb while drunk makes someone a racist now, then I'd say 90% of Americans are raving bigots.

Also, uh, who is Zuckerman, Mr. Incognito's best pal guy?

Huh? 90% of America has dropped the n-bomb or it's equivalent while drunk? Du fuq is that?

I see no reason to believe Riley Cooper that he only did it one time, by the way. That's always a funny line in the apologies, that we're supposed to believe them that they only did it once... when it just so happened a camera was rolling. Haha. I'm sure that's what John Rocker said too, and that guy could get an honorary degree from KKK State, despite having played with lots of black guys.

And anyway it seems like with this situation there are multiple text messages and at least one voicemail. I'm sure when they're revealed -- and it's almost certain they will be, imo -- a lot of the ambiguity here will be washed away.

I'd say you're wrong about that. I mean, where is the evidence that 90% of America has dropped the n-bomb or it's equivalent while drunk?

86% of statistics are made up on the spot.

At any rate, I find it amusing that you're so quick to label Riley Cooper an irredeemable ****head racist over one comment. He might well be; I just think it's funny.

One dumbass comment made by a drunk guy isn't going to convince me he's a racist. Anybody I've ever known who grew up in a household or area where words like that were commonplace will slip them out now and then. If dropping one n-bomb while drunk makes someone a racist now, then I'd say 90% of Americans are raving bigots.

Also, uh, who is Zuckerman, Mr. Incognito's best pal guy?

Any black guy on a predominantly white team... or any white guy that's played sports on a predominantly black team has faced "racially tinged" stuff. It happens. I've been challenged to fights simply b.c. of making plays while being white. I've also had black players refer to me as "My Nigga," for making plays. It's just cultural proving grounds. Stuff happens: you get challenged.

You man up and excel through it, though, and it turns to respect. One thing I've found whether white or black or "green," is that if you're willing to be a man and stand up and be counted on, respect is universal.

People whining about racial stuff and making this a hate crime. SMH. Pencil pushers and pansies who never played a down of football and who fall over taking passes from a JUGS machine, lol.

This is one borderline person on brain drugs falling out w. another borderline person who needs to be on brain drugs.

The fact that they both happen to be Miami Dolphins is on a GM whose brain seems to be ruined by drugs -- or at least his personnel decisions, lol.

LD

86% of statistics are made up on the spot.

At any rate, I find it amusing that you're so quick to label Riley Cooper an irredeemable ****head racist over one comment. He might well be; I just think it's funny.

The point is not that Cooper is definitively a racist, only that it's not improbably that a racist could be in the league for years despite working alongside black people, which is what you were arguing.

You know I've just gone through irlr1994 -- or what his name is -- posts and I actually believe this guy is either Incognito or someone close to him. He only talks about the offensive line, praises Jeff Darlington (who Richie "trusted" to write the big feature on Richie) and constantly refers to Jason Smith, the legendary #2 overall draft pick bust of the Rams, who was taken when Incognito was there.

Go back and read through the posts before he or she deletes them. It's striking.

Any black guy on a predominantly white team... or any white guy that's played sports on a predominantly black team has faced "racially tinged" stuff. It happens.

Yes. I've had racial comments uttered at me in practice or on the field by people who I knew weren't really bigots. And likewise, said things to people in kind. I always kind of assumed that was how it was for everyone, because all of my buddies had the same experience at some point.

The point is not that Cooper is definitively a racist, only that it's not improbably that a racist could be in the league for years despite working alongside black people, which is what you were arguing.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. What I should have said, is that I think it's improbable that it hasn't surfaced by now. If Richie really is a racist, and knowing how incredibly poor his impulse control is, there has to be more evidence of this out there. Why is this just coming out now? I mean, this guy has about as much self control as a herd of rabid feral cats...

just because he said the n word that doesn't make him racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom