Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.
funnygifllamachewinglook-1.gif

Jesus.

:lol:

I personally know Richie from high school. We both went to Mountain Ridge in Glendale, Arizona.

He was a Senior when I was a Sophomore. I saw him every single day in practice and every day in school. I even saw him on many occasions out side of the school setting... at parties, concerts and what not.

Without getting to much into detail, I saw him on one occasion treating a member of another race in a very ugly fashion, and it was clearly due to the color of their skin, not other circumstances.

Now with that said, people can change, and when we're young we all do very stupid things. When this story first broke (just gut reaction/without all the details) I have to admit I thought Martin was being a little thin skinned, but with these new revelations, I've changed my stance on this story. I'm not calling Incognito a blatant racist, but this info about Martin receiving racist texts and voice mails doesn't surprise me at all.

So I can't add any new info about the current predicament. I'm just adding some personal knowledge from the past to add context to the current affairs.
Ha! I went to Mountain Ridge too.

There was a poster who said they saw Incognito get into a fight over some racist things he said. This was a few years ago back when we first signed Incognito. Can anyone dig that post up? That person knew all of this before anyone else and props to them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That was me.

I was 2 feet away from him as he got into a brawl at a concert at Peoria Sports Complex, Glendale, AZ.

There was a woman who was being physically abused by an African American. Still to this day I'm not sure who he was or if they knew each other.

A group of us from the football team went to the concert together and just happened to be in the vicinity, a couple guys rushed in and separated the guy from her and that's when Richie charged in and started throwing hay-makers.

The guy who assaulted the woman was quickly toast to say the least... the problem is this. When everyone rushed in and separated the man from the woman, they were yelling things about how dare you touch a woman, you aren't a man, etc. Richie was yelling slurs and such that made me feel he was fighting the guy for other reasons than hitting a woman.

I just don't see a win for the Miami Dolphins here.

Here's my random thought of the week: did Jake Long decide to pick the Rams because he couldn't stand Richie and the dynamics in our locker room?

I posted this same question in another thread. Seems likely jake would have known at least some of the problems going on and it seems likely to me it would have factored into his decision to leave.

And now back to the original point of this thread for a minute. Some details have emerged about the nature of some of these texts.

Among the texts that Jonathan Martin made available to his parents, and then, eventually the Dolphins and the NFL, include those in which Richie Incognito refers to Martin, who is biracial, as a "half-n*****," according to a source who was privy to the communication.

There are several instances of threats as well, the sources said, and overall disturbing exchanges, including one in which Incognito refers to defecating in Martin's mouth.

Incognito also made reference to tracking down members of Martin's family and harming them in the texts as well, according to a source.

In some instances, that kind of rhetoric might be shaken off or ignored, but, given the track record of incidents between Incognito and Martin, and how sustained it had become, Martin truly felt that Incognito might be capable of inflicting harm, and for his safety getting away from the team was in his best interests.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ext-from-incognito-to-martin-used-racial-slur

Jeez us...it's only gonna get worse before it gets better. Question is, how much worse?

We've lost two Lineman. This is terrible, and just our luck that it came right after the trade deadline. I wonder what Ireland and Ross will say when this reaches a head. Do you guys think Ireland is surely a goner now?

someone on here said they threw down with incog at some point.. I thought it was a dude w/ a noles helmet avatar...

Wow, this is one hell of a thread.. Thanks from Chicago for the read!!! Uh oh under my name it says I'm a rookie... Hope Richie doesn't hate me!!!

Oh great, a racial twist to the story. Because we all know the worst possible crime in America is for a white man to use the n-word. Pathetic.

For anyone thats ever played sports or been in any kind of brotherhood, MASCULINE MEN joke about this kind of **** all the time. Dick comments, "im going to **** down your mouth!", racial slurs, etc. . This **** is common among any real group of friends. The problem is America is becoming less and less masculine and politically correct limpdicks are more abundant than ever. All it takes is one sissy like Jonathan Martin to cause a ****storm. This guy doesn't even have the balls to tell the COACHING STAFF its a problem, let alone Richie. Is Richie supposed to read his mind? Because the **** Richie did isn't any different than what happens in any other locker room. Take note on how many Dolphins teammates are coming out to pile on Incognito. NOONE. they all have his back.

the problem is this Martin guy is mentally ****ed up and needs help. He has no place on an NFL team.

Oh I have no doubt you're a member of a certain "brotherhood"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom