Frank Gore visiting Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frank Gore visiting Dolphins

The ageless wonder. 260 carries a year, 1000 yards every season. A Hurricane! Iron man. Love him, but no unless he is willing to play special teams and understands he is a back up and our RB coach next year. Its clear Gase is looking for a locker room leader at this position and will not quit until he finds one. Oh and I dont want reps taken away from the young guys.

So who's the RB if Drake gets hurt? a Rookie? What if he can't pick up the nuances of the game enough to be trusted? Then what?

PFT has confirmed that the veteran running back is visiting the Dolphins today, returning to the scene of his college stardom.

Of course, Gore left the University of Miami after the 2004 season, and has racked up 14,026 yards in the NFL since. That means he’s both accomplished and old, as he turns 35 in May.

But the Dolphins could use some ballast, both in terms of the offense and the locker room. And adding a player so widely respected could only be a good thing for a team that’s been in constant flux.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dolphins-today/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Like who? Yes we can draft someone (I hope we do) but not exactly a ton of young guys sitting at home.

Probably a lot cheaper than D. Murray.
Honestly it’s not what you want to hear “I don’t know” but between all the Running backs that don’t get drafted and the practice squad guys. There’s always the draft. Trade back in the 5th round for 2 6’s or w/e.. I’d throw darts at the draft board. If it a 10 year DT id be down. RB is a young mans spot

A lot of tread on those tires but a huge vet presence in the room could be welcome. A very respected and hard worker.

Current Dolphin theme appears to be pairing a vet with young players.

A vet RB to go with the young backs that will be on the roster.

I can hear some of screaming now if Drake misses time and some young RB get’s the the QB killed or starts fumbling etc.

So who's the RB if Drake gets hurt? a Rookie? What if he can't pick up the nuances of the game enough to be trusted? Then what?
You mean if Saquon Barkley gets hurt? Drake is. All wishing aside whoever we draft at RB. Gase will draft one of the top backs by round 3.

The man's work ethic goes without saying. If you want a leader by example, there's your guy.

I believe he came back from two devastating knee injuries and still had a very good and long career.

I remember watching a video of him working out during the off season early in his SF days. His daily training regimen was almost inhuman.

He and Wake are cut from the same cloth.

Gore be nice pick up. Great teacher and Drake and new rookie can learn from him.

I hope we sign him. He’s a Gase type of guy and he has some gas left. Albeit, maybe 1 year left but I hope it’s a 1 year deal

Back
Top Bottom