Frank Gore visiting Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frank Gore visiting Dolphins

Maybe:

2016 IND 1,025 yds
2017 IND 961 yds

Yeah but he's been sub 4 YPC since the 9er days and has close to 10 fumbles since then. He's just too old to be counted on. It's why I'd like to know who they plan on filling that last spot with before saying yay or nay. If Royce Freeman falls? All over it. An UDFA? Not so much.

I have to apologize. I totally thought you were a bot. Good to see I was wrong.

Well, I think he'd be better than Foster was. I think Foster had checked out already and Gore wants to finish it here. Why not? As long as is cheap and we draft a RB

Ozzy rules!!

He won’t and definitely wont sign for the vet min. He almost had a deal in place with the Lions but they signed Blount.

He made like 3 m with the Colts I believe last yr

3.5 mm, yes. I don't know, man...he turns 35 next month...and Blount signed for $2mm. He just might sign for the vet minimum, or just above it.

I mean, hell, there are still a ton of unsigned backs out there. Wouldn't surprise me if he signed between 1-2mm per year.

Yeah but he's been sub 4 YPC since the 9er days and has close to 10 fumbles since then. He's just too old to be counted on. It's why I'd like to know who they plan on filling that last spot with before saying yay or nay. If Royce Freeman falls? All over it. An UDFA? Not so much.

I have to apologize. I totally thought you were a bot. Good to see I was wrong.
Doubt if Gore is going to wait until the draft is over to sign w/ a team. We can't sit around and wait for draft either if there is a viable option like Gore. It's not like we are looking for a long term deal here.

I like it. This team needs a guy like that in the locker room. It has to be cheap. If Frank is getting offer's in the $3-$4 Million dollar range, no thanks.

They can (and should) still draft a RB. Signing Gore just means they can wait on one until later on. Can't spend a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick on a guy to back up Drake.

He's A LOT more capable physically, than Arian Foster was last year.

Great player and great career but stick a fork in that man, he's done. This kind of free agent signings piss me off. It's such a waste of time and money and were always surprised when it doesn't work out. I hate to see washed up RBs still playing at the end of their careers, it's depressing. This reminds of Arian foster signing. Can we just stick with what we have at RB? Frank Gore has no more upside here.

Canes fans:

Demarco Murray? Are you kidding me? Dude is too old.

Frank Gore? Oh hell yes!

the good news is it sounds like Murray wanted more money than the FO wanted to pay which makes it seem like they want cheap vet help. i can get behind that, especially if they are looking to draft an RB on day 3.

3.5 mm, yes. I don't know, man...he turns 35 next month...and Blount signed for $2mm. He just might sign for the vet minimum, or just above it.

I mean, hell, there are still a ton of unsigned backs out there. Wouldn't surprise me if he signed between 1-2mm per year.

Im just wondering why the Lions went with Blount? Was Gore asking more than him or they just thought he was a better fit etc.

Maybe because of the head coach

Great player and great career but stick a fork in that man, he's done. This kind of free agent signings piss me off. It's such a waste of time and money and were always surprised when it doesn't work out. I hate to see washed up RBs still playing at the end of their careers, it's depressing. This reminds of Arian foster signing. Can we just stick with what we have at RB? Frank Gore has no more upside here.
When did a 12th top running back in the NFL become a washed up player?

I wouldn't mind signing Gore at all...adds a veteran presence to the locker room, wouldn't be too expensive, I'd imagine.

I'd still draft a guy, be it Mark Walton or Kelly from Tennessee, though...

Drake/Gore/Walton (or Kelly) >>>> anything we had this past season.

Doubt if Gore is going to wait until the draft is over to sign w/ a team. We can't sit around and wait for draft either if there is a viable option like Gore. It's not like we are looking for a long term deal here.

Yeah I know. That's why I'm on the fence. He's so old.

Back
Top Bottom