Fred Taylor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fred Taylor

Do you think Miami should trade for Fred Taylor?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by SMadison29
IMHO Fred Taylor is the best RB in the NFL. Better than Faulk, Edge, Dillon, or whoever else you want to throw out there. He's fast, can run you over, & can catch the ball out of the back field. Sure he's hurt a lot but he's just had a little bad luck. There's no such thing as a curse, except on my Cubs.

I'd give them our 1st & 3rd for Taylor & a 2nd.

I tend to put Fred Taylor in the class with Terell Davis/Jamal Anderson of players who are truly top notch when they can stay healthy. When Taylor is 100 percent healthy, there is no question he is one of the top 3 runningbacks in the game. He also makes the team around him better. Its no coincidence that he has missed large chunks of two consecutive seasons and the Jaguars have had losing records in both. This trade opportunity don't sounds too risky to me.. If the risk pays off and Taylor remains healthy, it will be one of the all time steals. Giving up one of their 3 Third Rd Draft picks is nothing for a RB the caliber of Taylor's. The big risk is the clamp his contract would put on the salary cap. Id rather see the Dolphins go after Willie Roaf and/or Boselli, then once they improve their O Line, if Lamar Smith leaves, explore the option of trading for Fred Taylor. Maybe they can draft Chester Taylor of Toledo in a lower round.. That would be cool.. DOLPHIN BACKFIELD- Fred and Chester Taylor.

What kind of contract is he under? how much cap room would he cost? with the loss of jjj and lamar i would give one of our third picks(if we get two more)

I dont know about those 2 third rounders as compensation for Armstrong & Webb. Compensation picks are performance based & Armstrong only played a couple games so we'll be lucky to get anything for him. I doubt we'll get a third for Webb either, even if he did start all 16 games. Fourth rounder at best. Oh yeah, guys compensation picks can NOT be traded.

i hope lamar stays!!!!!!!!

this is the same running back we cheered for in a win against the colts last year. i don't think his career is over!

Re: i hope lamar stays!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dolfan06
this is the same running back we cheered for in a win against the colts last year. i don't think his career is over!

I think we can do better than Lamar.

guess this rumor is still alive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/020129pfw/whispers.html

A Ricky Williams-to-Miami trade remains a possibility, but it's a slim possibility because of the complexity such a deal would entail. Also, we hear Jaguars running back Fred Taylor could be on the block, and the Dolphins certainly would be interested in acquiring him for the right price.

I got along great with Fred when I was in Jacksonville and we stay in touch. He's not real happy with the way things are going up there and says he wouldn't mind a change of scenery. The way things are progressing with Travis Minor though, don't be disappointed if Fred doesn't make it to Miami. Good luck FT!:)

LMAO

Originally posted by Jay Fiedler
I got along great with Fred when I was in Jacksonville and we stay in touch. He's not real happy with the way things are going up there and says he wouldn't mind a change of scenery. The way things are progressing with Travis Minor though, don't be disappointed if Fred doesn't make it to Miami. Good luck FT!:)

Uh huh riggggggght.. And you stole my job you bum..

Yeah I bet you did!! You also probably FUMBLED your cordless phone when you were talking to your close buddy OL 'FRED!!!! Now let's you fumble your way out of MIAMI!!! BYE 5 million dollar man!!

:goof:

I think fans will be impressed with the team next year. With a new offensive coordinator, things will be different. A better offense, a better defense, and a lot of new faces. I plan on being there next year to help the team rebuild. Who's with me?:)

I plan on being there next year to help the team rebuild. Who's with me?:)

*the sound of crickets fade to silence* :lol:

let me switch gears for a minute...not only is JAX trying to trade taylor, they also submitted boselli and brackens to the expansion draft. apperantly they want to go into rebuilding mode. . here's my thing...we should trade for mark brunell...this guy is all heart, one of the 5 top qb's in football IMO. he can do it all, sling it, run with it, play well in a pressure cooker(remember denver in 1996). he has made pro bowlers out of mccardell and j. smith. hey, i like feidler, i think is a solid qb, but brunell is an incredible upgrade and possibly a key in taking that next step to the super bowl

Wouldn't you rather have Ricky Williams? The rumors are starting again, this one seems to be for real though....
Saints ask if Dolphins are interested in Williams
IMHO, Spielman needs to have a greater sense of urgency and do what he can to land this big fish. i'm not saying we should give up our whole draft for him, that would be stupid, but we may need to take a risk or two in order to get a franchise back like Williams. I'm not sure of all the cap-enomics but when you are presented with an opportunity like this, you FIND a way to pull the trigger. Whaddayathink?

Back
Top Bottom