Fred Taylor

Do you think Miami should trade for Fred Taylor?

  • Yes

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

    Votes: 16 72.7%

  • Total voters
    22

AntMarino13

Scout Team
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
NJ
I definitely would not trade for Taylor. As good as he is, Taylor is one of those guys who is never healthy. The decision is also pending on the asking price. He is not one of those players that i feel you should unload for.
 

Flyin11

Mark Clayton
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
780
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
VA
He is a good player...but you can't perform if your injured all the time....I would pass him by on the bench.....
 

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
859
Reaction score
2
Age
42
Location
Orlando
Guys...........

Originally posted by ac_lanham
I'm sure some of us have heard the situation about Fred Taylor. So, if you Dolfans had the choice to get Taylor, would you trade for him or not?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,4888825_59,00.html

I know that he's been injured quite frequently during his career, but I feel that he's worth a risk. If he stays healthy, we'll have one of the best running backs in the game.:eek:
 

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
0
Re: Guys...........

Originally posted by aqua&orange54



I know that he's been injured quite frequently during his career, but I feel that he's worth a risk. If he stays healthy, we'll have one of the best running backs in the game.:eek:

"The Jaguars are said to be asking for a third-round pick for Taylor"

Taylor is definately worth a risk for a 3rd rounder. Who knows maybe he is healthy, and he'll have good luck for now on?

Imagine trading a 3rd rounder, get Taylor and select that guard from Nebraska in the first.

We just might have a running game again.
 

Jaydog57

Crank Yanker
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
2,285
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Inside your head
I don't know, Taylor's always hurt. He hasn't played a full season in 2 years. When he's healthy he's great, but would giving up draft picks and salary cap cash be worth the risk?:cool:
 

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
8,784
Reaction score
163
Location
Maryland
IMHO Fred Taylor is the best RB in the NFL. Better than Faulk, Edge, Dillon, or whoever else you want to throw out there. He's fast, can run you over, & can catch the ball out of the back field. Sure he's hurt a lot but he's just had a little bad luck. There's no such thing as a curse, except on my Cubs.

I'd give them our 1st & 3rd for Taylor & a 2nd.
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
i think ward, chambers and gadsden......

can do quite well IMHO, i think the dolphins have much more serious issues with the O-line that should be given TOP priority!:(
 

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
3,583
Reaction score
366
Location
Bear, DE
FOR A THIRD ROUND PICK...

He'll be on our team quicker than an eye blink. Hell, we will have three third round picks this year when we are awarded our compensation picks for the loss of Richmond Webb and Trace Armstrong to free agency. One third round pick for Fred Taylor is a BARGAIN!
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Since JJJ and Lamar are likely gone - one of our compensatory 3rd rounders for Taylor (why not a 3rd taylor ;) ) is worth it to me if he will play for the veteran min. salary. He cannot be counted on to play an entire season.
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
53
Location
your six
Originally posted by SMadison29
IMHO Fred Taylor is the best RB in the NFL. Better than Faulk, Edge, Dillon, or whoever else you want to throw out there. He's fast, can run you over, & can catch the ball out of the back field. Sure he's hurt a lot but he's just had a little bad luck. There's no such thing as a curse, except on my Cubs.

I'd give them our 1st & 3rd for Taylor & a 2nd.


this is my response to that last line
:eek: :eek: :confused: :goof: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
12,645
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Location
On an island
Re: Re: Guys...........

Originally posted by booyeah_



"The Jaguars are said to be asking for a third-round pick for Taylor"

Taylor is definately worth a risk for a 3rd rounder. Who knows maybe he is healthy, and he'll have good luck for now on?

Imagine trading a 3rd rounder, get Taylor and select that guard from Nebraska in the first.

We just might have a running game again.
They only want a third rounder for Taylor:eek: :eek: ? Trade the third round pick now!!!! And then draft Fonoti. Only problem with that (for me) is that we would have a new guy who was a Gator and a new guy who was a Cornhusker. I guess I would just have to live with it.
 

ac_lanham

The Comeback Kid
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
25
Age
34
Location
Moncks Corner, SC
Maybe...

Getting Fred Taylor wouldn't be so bad. Especially if we get those compensatory picks, think about it. We could select Tony Fonoti 1st round, trade 1 of our 3rd round picks for Taylor, and maybe with the remaining 2 try for Adrian Peterson from GA Southern, Tony Fisher from Notre Dame, or that one guy from Univresity of Ga. And with the last 3rd round pick, if we do get those compensatory picks, we could draft another lineman. Get what I'm saying? It may not be half bad if we can get the salary cap worked out
 
Top Bottom