Fred Taylor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fred Taylor

Do you think Miami should trade for Fred Taylor?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by inFINSible
Wouldn't you rather have Ricky Williams?
Yes a 24 year old, 5-10, 236-pound back and a two-time 1,000-yard rusher - that c/b one of the best moves we have made since trading for Trace or Warfield - if we do not give up the house for him.

Ya know, maybe giving up the whole draft wouldn,t be such a bad idea. Screw Jay and his 5 million, make all the right moves to get under the cap, pick up a couple of EXPERIENCED linemen(offense and defense) in the free agent market, not high priced guys but maybe some 2nd or third year players who are ready to step up,and line up next year with Lucas and Mcknown battling it out to see who gets to hand off to Ricky.
Couldn't be much worse than what happened this year and the potential for being alot better is there.

I have a problem with anything we do that mortgages the future - particularly thru signing bonuses or trading lots of picks. I have big doubts about both of our lines next year (under DG stays healthy all year and Tim Bo re-negotiates ;) then it is only the OL ) so next year may not be the year for us :( UFA are always veterans with at least 3 or 4 year experience or they w/b RFA. I expect Wanne to go for guys like Spriggs again, i.e. reasonably priced cast off linemen.

I know what you mean, but with our draft position ie; late first round, no second rounder and late third we wouldn't be looking at any "difference makers" anyway. Like you said , Wanne is probably going to go with castoffs anyway, so why not just bring in a ton of'em(literally) and see who sticks. Henry Taylor and David Bowens came pretty cheap last year and I'm sure there could be other diamonds to dig out of the rough. It may be a chance worth taking, even if it means no improvement next season, we would have a franchise back to build around in the next years draft.
Of course with the patience of Miami fans we may be rooting for the los Angeles Dolphins by the time it all pans out.

that's cool inFin...

I would be more upset with the huge signing bonus to Jay that we'll be paying for when Cade is our starter :eek:

You may be right. Up untill this point I have found it hard to get on either side of the Jay Fiedler debate but this may tip the scale. If you have a choice between a Jay Fiedler and a Ricky Williams to build around, it would be a no brainer I believe. See ya Jay.

You may be right. Up untill this point I have found it hard to get on either side of the Jay Fiedler debate but this may tip the scale. If you have a choice between a Jay Fiedler and a Ricky Williams to build around, it would be a no brainer I believe. See ya Jay.
amen to that

it all depends..............

if we can get jay to come down out of the clouds!:yell:

i'm still not convinced lamar can't do the job, with a better line up front. i think with a better o-line, holes would open for lamar and with Defenses stacking the box i think it would open the outside for minor, plus fiedlers passing game would be better. chambers was a rook, only ran straight patterns. this is just an opinion though!:D

:) Doesn't sound like you have the passion for hating Jay that I do, but at least you know Williams is way better. And I personally think our franchise is built around 2-3 people, them being Thomas, Madison, and maybe Taylor (he is a great DE with no help and gets paid a ton of money.)

no i have to admit.........

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

:) Doesn't sound like you have the passion for hating Jay that I do, but at least you know Williams is way better. And I personally think our franchise is built around 2-3 people, them being Thomas, Madison, and maybe Taylor (he is a great DE with no help and gets paid a ton of money.)
ricky is better than lamar, but i don't think we should dump lamar. i'd like to see him drop into JJJ's place and use minor a little more!
as far as jay goes, i'm really kinda neutral about him, last month i wouldn't have given you 2 cents for the sucker, and at other times he has made some great plays. i don't know if this is gonna get better or not!:rolleyes:

Totally agree. Though Jay is a good ass QB, Ricky Williams is younger, more talented, and would help our team more. He would also help Cade become a better QB.

doesn't make too much difference..........

Originally posted by Dolfan984

Totally agree. Though Jay is a good ass QB, Ricky Williams is younger, more talented, and would help our team more. He would also help Cade become a better QB.

There we go!:)

06- If we got Williams, Lamar is gone.

if you don't do something about that line. barry sanders would quit!:D

Back
Top Bottom