Free Agency Day 1 | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agency Day 1

More TDs, more yards...

I don't love him, indeed, I'd rather draft WRs, but if we were going to sign one, he was always my choice. Really young too.
He's way overrated. Whoever signs him ( I hope it isn't Miami ) is really going to end up regretting it and will be counting down the days until they can get out of that contract.

From what I heard he wanted brandon ayiuk but niners jumped in front. Nothing you can do about that

Crazy how results oriented everyone is here lol. Imagine being an adult and not having the ability to control your emotions. Feel sorry for you guys
With all do respect, that means since Ayiuk wasn't there for him to pick in round 1, he chose not to draft another WR until the 7th round. Now I really have serious concerns.

Well, we've all seen them in action, but at least Wilson and Hurns will be new additions to Tua

He's way overrated. Whoever signs him ( I hope it isn't Miami ) is really going to end up regretting it and will be counting down the days until they can get out of that contract.
I'm higher on him than you are... but that happens with so many FAs, so I don't doubt that you could be right.

He's getting a MINIMUM of 24.5 over the next two years. That's the guaranteed money in his contract... to outbid that, we would have been looking at 13M/year... for a guy who is FAR from being a number 1.

This would have been one of our worst signings ever.
Can you share a link to the contract details for samuel? I can't find them.

With all do respect, that means since Ayiuk wasn't there for him to pick in round 1, he chose not to draft another WR until the 7th round. Now I really have serious concerns.
If you're going to judge how Grier/Flo draft you should think deeper than "how do they not grab a reciever if they wanted ayiuk". Clearly they had igbo higher on their board than the recievers available. Parker was also coming off a career year and preston williams looked like a sure thing before he got hurt his rookie year. I dont think they thought reaching for a reciever was as big of a need as filling other positions at the time, and guess what, neither did we. Nobody during the draft last year was complaining we didnt draft a reciever because we had bigger holes to fill. Our oline was a mess, and thats the route they went. Oh and another note, albert wilson ****ed us by sitting out, dont think they planned on that.

Samuel costs too much for what our needs are. We have Wilson for 1/3rd the cost and we can draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd to also compete there.

Honestly, almost all the FAs signed so far seem way overpriced, especially with the lowered salary cap. Karras was a steal for New England and Miami got dissed there, IMO. Karras was probably pissed about Van Noy getting cut.
Consider the 'New England connection' Severed. Miami played 'Cutthroat' with Van Noy and players saw that. It's likely to be harder to attract players in the future when you display savage cutthroat 'money-first' management.
Still gotta do it, though. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom