Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
No , Sewell @ 3 would be the wrong pick. Parsons, pitts or smith should be the path we take.
I think Parsons could still be available at 18 because it appears teams might be worried about his off the field issues. There is absolutely no way I would want the Dolphins to use the 3rd pick in the draft on him.

If they sign a top three FA WR, I would have no problem with them taking Sewell at 3. If they don’t sign a top WR in free agency, they will likely draft a WR at 3 if they don’t trade down. I would love to see them draft Sewell with their first pick and then try to trade up from 18 to draft Waddle with their 2nd pick in round 1.

I think Parsons could still be available at 18 because it appears teams might be worried about his off the field issues. There is absolutely no way I would want the Dolphins to use the 3rd pick in the draft on him.

If they sign a top three FA WR, I would have no problem with them taking Sewell at 3. If they don’t sign a top WR in free agency, they will likely draft a WR at 3 if they don’t trade down. I would love to see them draft Sewell with their first pick and then try to trade up from 18 to draft Waddle with their 2nd pick in round 1.
There’s no way Miami drafts another OT with the # 3 pick. We drafted Jackson. Draft parsons @ 3 , then at 18 go WR. Parsons is going top ten.

This would be an absolute nightmare for Miami.

Signing Jones to a big contract instead of getting your guy in the draft is just dumb. Check the list of starting RB's and their contracts in recent super bowls.

Signing Bell to a contract after spending that much on Jones makes it even dumber, especially when you could clearly see he has lost a step when playing in KC.

Robinson is a player I like, but that price tag just isn't cutting it for me.

I look at that list and see better places to allocate funds filling holes. Draft your RB to pair with Gaskins/Ahmed, and draft 2-3 WR.

This would be an absolute nightmare for Miami.

Signing Jones to a big contract instead of getting your guy in the draft is just dumb. Check the list of starting RB's and their contracts in recent super bowls.

Signing Bell to a contract after spending that much on Jones makes it even dumber, especially when you could clearly see he has lost a step when playing in KC.

Robinson is a player I like, but that price tag just isn't cutting it for me.

I look at that list and see better places to allocate funds filling holes. Draft your RB to pair with Gaskins/Ahmed, and draft 2-3 WR.
I would like a FA WR but that is some serious $$$ for several of the top WR FAs

Adding 16.5 M to our backfield isn't something I would be too happy with...
Especially when Gaskins or Ahmed are better options than Bell at this point, and drafting one of Williams/Harris/Etienne is better than signing Jones and you have 4 picks in the top 50.

That money would be better used to sign one of the 4 safeties (Simmons/Maye/Harris/Williams) available, and move McCain back to nickle

The money part of it is not what we should be looking at. Bean counters and a few creative renegotiated contracts usually gets you what you need
it's Ross's money not ours remember
Add vets Robinson and Jones and that is two more draft picks to help the O line and D with pass rushers and such
You can still get a top WR draft pick to boot

just my opinion of course but with those two we are closer to a championship team and that is my only concern

The money part of it is not what we should be looking at. Bean counters and a few creative renegotiated contracts usually gets you what you need
it's Ross's money not ours remember
Add vets Robinson and Jones and that is two more draft picks to help the O line and D with pass rushers and such
You can still get a top WR draft pick to boot

just my opinion of course but with those two we are closer to a championship team and that is my only concern
All these people counting Ross's money is always a hoot.

I'm not advocating overpaying for every Tom, Dick or Aaron on the free agent market at every position of need, but every hole you fill in free agency that we might have used a top 50 pick on, is a top 50 pick you can use to fill another hole.

Ross can always make more money, but as far as I am aware, top 50 picks are not generally available for any amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom