Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents

Last year we used free agency on the D and draft picks on the O

I'm thinking it's the other way around this time at least the FA part.

Tampa got some help from their draft picks and had a solid D in place but by and large that was a team of FA vets if I'm not mistaken
At least at skill positions on offense

just saying a good mix of vets to got along with the top pick rookies and second year players is how to build the championship team that we all want

There’s no way Miami drafts another OT with the # 3 pick. We drafted Jackson. Draft parsons @ 3 , then at 18 go WR. Parsons is going top ten.
Parsons may go top 10 but i don’t believe it will be to Miami. While his skill set might fit in with what the Dolphins do on defense. I just don’t think his character flaws fit in what Flores looks for in his players. Especially a player selected with their first pick in the draft.

You may end up being right but I will be very surprised if they draft Parsons with either of their first round picks. I hope they draft a WR at 3 or with their first pick if they trade down. Yet I also will not be the last bit surprised if the stay at three, they don’t end up drafting Sewell.

Even though they drafted Jackson last year, Sewell is probably the overall best talent in the entire draft.

All these people counting Ross's money is always a hoot.

I'm not advocating overpaying for every Tom, Dick or Aaron on the free agent market at every position of need, but every hole you fill in free agency that we might have used a top 50 pick on, is a top 50 pick you can use to fill another hole.

Ross can always make more money, but as far as I am aware, top 50 picks are not generally available for any amount of money.
No one has to count Ross's money... Its dictated by the League in terms of a salary cap. Its all about allocation of the least amount of cap space to the largest possible talent return.

No one has to count Ross's money... Its dictated by the League in terms of a salary cap. Its all about allocation of the least amount of cap space to the largest possible talent return.
Of course.

But there's always moves to be made (cutting sorry players, restructuring, etc.) if you absolutely need to.

Building through the draft is the way to go, but using smart free agency so you don't have to use high picks on positions that only cost you money is the way to gooooooo.

Thanks for posting. Aldon Smith is intriguing. He wouldn't break the bank.

Samuels and Tyrod Taylor, then re-sign Karras.

No , Sewell @ 3 would be the wrong pick. Parsons, pitts or smith should be the path we take.
If we can’t trade trade down and we need a receiver then we draft Kyle Pitts. He’s a wide receiver essentially, this is the type of receiver you select when you have a top 5 pick. He’s 6’6 and runs a 4.4 and I believe he’s even faster. I know it’s not a popular opinion but we line him up basically anywhere.

While you can fill some holes in free agency, you need to be smart where you spend the money and spending the money on a RB is not smart at all. Specially when is big money. Getting a top WR would allow us not to worry so much about a WR early on in the draft but at the same time is hard to spend big on a WR when the draft is loaded with good/great WR's.

I really can't wait to see what we do.

All these people counting Ross's money is always a hoot.

I'm not advocating overpaying for every Tom, Dick or Aaron on the free agent market at every position of need, but every hole you fill in free agency that we might have used a top 50 pick on, is a top 50 pick you can use to fill another hole.

Ross can always make more money, but as far as I am aware, top 50 picks are not generally available for any amount of money.

What FH needs is a thread what fans think Miami will do - not what we WANT them to do. Should make for an interesting thread. My crystal ball is no better than anyone else's, but I doubt Miami signs a top 3 FA at any position

Back
Top Bottom