Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency start in about 3 weeks. Here's a list of the top 200 free agents

That is a valid point. Except, I think Miami can easily add receivers and running backs in the draft.

Doesn't it make more sense to use free agency for pass rush, those positions that look weak in the draft?

Don't get me wrong. You are right that Miami would be closer to a championship with Robinson and Jones.

I just question if there are better ways to get there?

Maybe not both those two high prices names but Flores fixed the D last year by adding some valuable vets

My point really is with Tua and 3/5 of the O line players in their second year and most likely a first round rookie receiver that unit could use more of a mix of young and veterans players IMO
That would also allow us to use an early pick on say a LB , CB or DE with one of offensive holes filled via FA

Parsons may go top 10 but i don’t believe it will be to Miami. While his skill set might fit in with what the Dolphins do on defense. I just don’t think his character flaws fit in what Flores looks for in his players. Especially a player selected with their first pick in the draft.

You may end up being right but I will be very surprised if they draft Parsons with either of their first round picks. I hope they draft a WR at 3 or with their first pick if they trade down. Yet I also will not be the last bit surprised if the stay at three, they don’t end up drafting Sewell.

Even though they drafted Jackson last year, Sewell is probably the overall best talent in the entire draft.
I wish I could remember where I read it, but it sounds like some teams are taking Parsons off their draft list entirely.

I think it was a Denver paper, or writer. Anyway, if that's the case we are looking at issues that potentially are more troubling than lack of maturity.

If we can’t trade trade down and we need a receiver then we draft Kyle Pitts. He’s a wide receiver essentially, this is the type of receiver you select when you have a top 5 pick. He’s 6’6 and runs a 4.4 and I believe he’s even faster. I know it’s not a popular opinion but we line him up basically anywhere.
Maybe not popular, but I would love that.

What FH needs is a thread what fans think Miami will do - not what we WANT them to do. Should make for an interesting thread. My crystal ball is no better than anyone else's, but I doubt Miami signs a top 3 FA at any position
Agree, except maybe a top three backup quarterback.

If we get Robinson then I'd agree that we might not go WR with our top pick, even tho I think we'd still need to draft a WR at some point. With Robinson on board I'd still try to trade down but if we stay at 3 then I could understand then taking Sewell even tho that's not what I'd do.
Take Pitts and play above the rim. Pitts, Parker, Robinson, Gesicki!

I like Robinson, but not anywhere near $16 million or more.

Still, fun to dream on that scenario.
Like I've said before. The draft is deep on WR's and we also have some good options for RB's in the 2nd and 3rd round. no need to spend big money on a WR or RB in free agency.

I have nothing against Robinson or any FA WR, but I hope we put our resources elsewhere because the draft is loaded for bear at WR. In the past, Grier seems to go away from the strength of the draft, and my hope for this year is he embraces it, and we get an absolute stud at WR. I can't say I know how any of the players on the PFFs top 200 list will pan out if they go to a new team, but I hope the Dolphins don't dump many resources into the FA market this year. I think I have read that free agents don't usually live up to their contract, and winning the off-season hasn't really helped us in the past, so I am kind of so-so on the idea this year. I prefer a limited approach where we only target one or two guys who will fit a defined niche within our system. If it's the right guy, I would even part with a draft pick if it's not too high.

First, you don't spend top dollar for a RB in the NFL, especially one that isn't even top 5, that is overpaying. When is the last time a top dollar starting RB won a Super Bowl?

Second, you don't follow up that bad signing where you overpaid with another signing at the same position for a guy who has lost a step and trending down. Bell would be overkill and 4th on the depth chart behind Jones. Gaskins, and Ahmed

Third, I like Robinson and have no problem signing him as he can bring value, however not at $21m per which is an overpay for a guy who isn't top tier and has had an injury history.

Fourth, you have to attack free agency with a somewhat idea of what is available in the draft. For example, this is a deep draft for WR, but very weak for off ball LB to replace/upgrade from Roberts. After Parsons it gets sketchy. You also have to be smart knowing with 4 picks in the top 50 that you are better off not spending big on RB, and picking Williams/Harris/Etienne

I would much rather smartly draft our RB to pair with Gaskins/Ahmed, and smartly draft 2-3 WR from a strength of the draft, and put together a combination of guys below using that $37.5 million.

So, looking at these predictions, Aaron Jones, LeVeon Bell, and Allen Robinson total to $37.5 million per.

Justin Simmons - $16.5m
Marcus Maye - $15m
Marcus Williams - $14.25m
Leonard Floyd - $13.3m
Hasson Reddick - $8.5m
Lavonte David - $13.3m
Denzel Perryman - $6.5m
Shelby Harris - $11.125m
Corey Linsley - $11m
David Andrews- $6m
Curtis Samuel - $8.3m

Just as one example:
Justin Simmons- $16.5
Hasson Reddick - $8.5
Denzel Perryman - $6.5
David Andrews - $6m

Simmons is a top 3 free safety in the league. Reddick was great when moved to his natural position. Perryman is a nice step up from Roberts. Andrews has been solid, an upgrade from Karras.

Now you have used the same $37.5 million to fill 4 holes instead of using it filling 2 holes and adding a 3rd player (Bell) that shouldn't see the field.

Now you can focus on adding skill players from a draft full of them. You can maybe also add a RT in the draft to kick Hunt down.

at those prices reddicks the best potential bargain in tbe entire group. And zona would be dumb to let him go.

David andrews would probably be 2nd but he did miss an entire year with a medical condition if I recall correctly. Pats basically chose him over karras even coming off the medical condition.

perryman would be a solid add for the roberts role but like roberts hes limited range wise and in the nickel/sub probably needs to come off the field. He’s a little small for our scheme also.

I will pass on simmons at that price.

damnit I just remembered I’m not posting here anymore. My bad

✌️

Back
Top Bottom