Free Agent Offensive Lineman in 2004 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent Offensive Lineman in 2004

Give me a veteran left tackle such as Orlando Brown and a serviceable guard like Everett Lindsay. This is a pretty good draft for o-lineman too.

Rumor around buffalo is (LG) Ruben Brown multi year pro bowler will be cut after the season. His salary next year is about 4 mil however due to aspects beyond my comprehension the cap hit would be almost zero. I guess it has something to do with the size of his bonus. I dont think we should pursue him, he is vastly overrated, but would like to hear others opinions. He should be available in any case.

Orlando Brown has been AWFUL this year. Awful. Jeno James is a very fine player, but the Panthers will re-sign him.

Lindsay would be nice, he wouldnt be very expensive either I dont think and Tait would be excellent. Woody as well, but he may be too expensive if we would get Tait.

Its time to replace Todd Perry at RG thats one sure thing. Its also time to get Seth McKinney into the lineup permanently and that probably means no Tim Ruddy next year. We've kind of committed to Wade Smith and I wonder if that is a mistake. I think maybe he should switch to RT next season when/if Todd Wade takes off and we should go after a LT like Chad Clifton or possibly even that dude in San Francisco we were all hollerin for earlier I'm sure his days there are numbered with them drafting Kwame Harris.

I'm not sure how much I like Damien Woody, but Adam Timmerman sounds pretty good to me. He really solidified that St Louis OL the first year he showed up there.

Of course we probably won't be able to afford the likes of Timmerman and Clifton, with us having to get Ogun locked down, plus having to find a starting QB.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Rumor around buffalo is (LG) Ruben Brown multi year pro bowler will be cut after the season. His salary next year is about 4 mil however due to aspects beyond my comprehension the cap hit would be almost zero. I guess it has something to do with the size of his bonus. I dont think we should pursue him, he is vastly overrated, but would like to hear others opinions. He should be available in any case.

His cap number is $4.036 million/season. His salary is $2.7 million. He has same cap numbers 2004-2006 (way the contract was structured). If released after the season and before June 1st, he would save $28,000 on the 2004 cap. It's more likely that he would be asked to take a pay cut and restructure. Ruben Brown will most likely be in Buffalo for one more season.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Nope, I think we'll keep Mike Williams for awhile. He will get better

in your mind.:lol: next year is already here for bills fans! let the super bowel talk begin now!:lol:

i think Clifton should a first looksie. we simply cannot let the LT spot go unsolidified. i then would go with Woody. If we could get those two i would s*** my pants. then draft another T early.

Adam Timmerman, Orlando Pace, OH MY!

Holy crap! Orlando Pace! man i think we would be great just to get him and forget the rest of free agency. we could then draft another linemen and try to get a QB. the rest is filler.

You guys have no clue. Woody is a G. Guards don't get paid more than 4m. That is Tait's contract. Let Yates and McKinney get jobs and an all out battle for RG. Tait will be the "LT" if we sign Brunell, although he won't be playing on the left side of the line.

Adam Timmerman now that is an interesting veteran.

Originally posted by finfan54

in your mind.:lol: next year is already here for bills fans! let the super bowel talk begin now!:lol:
lol, and Dolphin fans are never talking superbowl, right?...:lol:
hey, at least when you guy make the playoffs, you make it memorable:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom