Free Agent Offensive Lineman in 2004 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent Offensive Lineman in 2004

Originally posted by muddaconch
I like the Tait/Brunell idea!

KC will not let Tait go. i would put serious money on that. KC is much smarter than alot of teams. they care about their OL.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

lol, and Dolphin fans are never talking superbowl, right?...:lol:
hey, at least when you guy make the playoffs, you make it memorable:roflmao:

easy now milkman danny. your looking at a team that is about to surprise the world! Wannstedt said we would have areal good passing game this second half! :goof:

I still cannot figure out how the Bills fans are talking smack right now. Isn't your team like terrible this year? I guess Rivalries just can't be killed...

Oh well, as far as the Oline goes. John Tait seems to be the perennial favorite here. Perosnally I think Walter Jones will be out of Seattle. They ahve some other guys they will have to use their franchise tag on besides him and he hates it there as it is. I wouldn't mind spending good money for him to be out LT. I don't like the idea of John Tait being the "blindside protector" because thta means Brunell is on the team which I deem as a bad thing. If we are gonna pick up a free agent qb, might as well make it someone younger, cheaper and less injury prone. If not, stick with what we have, draft a qb early and pickup up at least one person who will bring a veteran presence to the o-line.

Just my thoughts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Samphin
I still cannot figure out how the Bills fans are talking smack right now. Isn't our team like terrible this year? I guess Rivalries just can't be killed...

Oh well, as far as the Oline goes. John Tait seems to be the perennial favorite here. Perosnally I think Walter Jones will be out of Seattle. They ahve some other guys they will have to use their franchise tag on besides him and he hates it there as it is. I wouldn't mind spending good money for him to be out LT. I don't like the idea of John Tait being the "blindside protector" because thta means Brunell is on the team which I deem as a bad thing. If we are gonna pick up a free agent qb, might as well make it someone younger, cheaper and less injury prone. If not, stick with what we have, draft a qb early and pickup up at least one person who will bring a veteran presence to the o-line.

Just my thoughts...
rivalries never die...look no further than the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry as a shining example

rivalries never die...look no further than the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry as a shining example

Yeah, but those teams were good. We both would need good teams for it to matter. :lol:

Originally posted by eltos_lightfoot

Yeah, but those teams were good. We both would need good teams for it to matter. :lol:
red sox never win anything though...besides, Packers-Bears has always been huge, there's countless examples

Nope Tait will be gone. They have underrated steal Brett Williams to replace him at RT. They are not in a great cap situation and this would be a smart way for them to have a great line and not have to pay the amount the market will give him.

but the Marlins have heart, and good leadership

I won't argue the heart, even though I think you're wrong, but, how does a +70 year old man who has been around baseball nearly his entire life and FINALLY wins a world series, qualify as good leadership?

The change sparked the team, the confidence gained from winning, spread throughout the team and carried them AND their manager to the championship.

Originally posted by inFINSible

I won't argue the heart, even though I think you're wrong, but, how does a +70 year old man who has been around baseball nearly his entire life and FINALLY wins a world series, qualify as good leadership?

The change sparked the team, the confidence gained from winning, spread throughout the team and carried them AND their manager to the championship.
good post Infins, and I respect what you said. I think McKeon did an excellent job in Cincy as well...which made that one of the dumbest firings...look at the Reds since....The Dolphins have plenty of leadership on the defensive side of the ball, but they need an offensive leader too.

Also, it's not easy dealing with success...they were young, and beat out a more veteran philly team for the WC...then they came back against the Giants...the most impressive series was the Cub one...they could've folded at 3-1, but McKeon kept their heads up, and they did the improbable. And he made the best decision of the year: Starting Beckett in Game 6

I'll recommend something that we won't break the bank on. Get Chad Clifton to play LT & switch Wade Smith to RT. Let Perry, Nails, & Wade go. Hold onto Ruddy, play McKinney at one of the guard spots & sign Eric Beverly to play RG. He signed with us once so I'm sure he'll sign with us again. Then all three of our guards are capable of playing center & we have Yates & Whitley as back. Then all we'll need is another OT from the draft & we won't have to reach for one in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom