Frerotte overvalued? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frerotte overvalued?

flsukz said:
Fishfan44 your avatar makes me sick

Let me quess you a Mr. Kerry fan. Well I feel sorry for you. Because there is no one who makes puke more that Kerry and Clinton.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Gus start the season but I also think AJ will step in at some point of the season as Gus demonstrates his limitations or gets nicked up.

If AJ cant hold on the starters job by the end of the season they I think his days will be numbered and we will be in the market for a QB either through FA or through the draft.

Gus is not great, and I don't think anyone thinks he is. Just giving Feeley the job would've been a terrible move IMO, so I think bringing in Gus was a decent move, I would have much rather of seen Mike McMahon brought in but Linehan wanted Gus. He's a backup Qb, but than again Aj might prove to only be a backup Qb also. Aj winning the job is definately best long-term for the franchise because than we'll get to see what he can do. I have absolutely no confidence in Aj as a player and believe he'll be on a different team next year, but Gus is definately not the long-term answer, and Feeley has the chance to be, whether he is or not we'll see.

t47c said:
I am amazed after reading all the post and threads how many people here see Frerotte as some kind of great QB. Based, I assume on his “knowing the offenseâ€Â. Let me say I have witnessed Frerotte play since his days with Washington. While there, he beat out, at the time, a quarterback that was a complete top five bust, Heath Shuler. My 15yr old Nephew could have beaten Shuler for the starting QB position. From there he bounced around the league never accomplishing much of anything. He played the last couple of years in Minnesota where he was a backup to Daunte Culpepper. He started 3 games in 2003 and had some success, as he did in Washington, he had a couple good games. Now there have been instances where a career backup finally broke through and had a couple good years, Jim Plunkett and Rich Gannon with the Raiders. It does not happen often!! Now I am not saying Frerotte cannot do it. I’m just saying you better wait and see. I’m also not posting this in support of Feeley. I am just warning fans that are touting are offense as explosive with Frerotte as the starting QB. We as fans, have a tendency to overvalue our teams players, that is fans for all teams. We tend to think; when they play for us, they will be better. Career backups are well, career backups. When you have players that have gone through 3 – 4 teams and do not start for any of them, it gives you a good idea of their talent level.

you are just grasping at straws here, Mr. Feeley supporter. It seems as if you brought this up just to have other Feeley supporters agree with you and bash Gus.

NOBODY on here has said that Gus is a great QB. Please, run a search and find me some examples if you feel otherwise.

Gus has shown success in Scott's system. Thats what matters. He has shown that while in that offense, if his number is called to start that he'll perform well. He knows this offense like the back of his hand.

Gus is a steady veteran of this offense, and many Feeley supporters will be suprised if he starts, because he will play well. Will he be a pro-bowler or MVP? More than likely no, but he'll give us a great chance.

We're not going to sit through a season of AJ growing pains if Gus clearly is the better player.

If we wasted a second, and Feeley does not play, who cares? Its not Saban's problem, he didnt trade for him. Gordon was traded for a 3rd, and has no shot at starting, or gaining anything more than the 3rd back on the roster. but nobody cries over him, only the golden boy, who has shown NOTHING to deserve any of this misplaced praise going on around here.

btw, you want to throw around the term overvalued?

A 2nd rounder for a third stringer.....thats overvalued

FISHFAN44 said:
Let me quess you a Mr. Kerry fan. Well I feel sorry for you. Because there is no one who makes puke more that Kerry and Clinton.

LOL. Well, your grammar and spelling are extremely apropos of the person in your avatar, and the caliber who voted for him.

I bet you can spell fear. Not much else in play.

to say the least. Frerrotte is more well respected. I've had freinds actually say to me.

"well atleast frerrotte doesn't completely suck like feeley"

Awsi Dooger said:
LOL. Well, your grammar and spelling are extremely apropos of the person in your avatar, and the caliber who voted for him.

I bet you can spell fear. Not much else in play.

A typist I'm not and maybe I ain't gots the best grammer but, from your ignorance I'll bet yawl a Kerry fan also. Just imagine this country under Kerry. I'll take this debate up with you and flsukz anyday in another section where can talk politics and litature. By the way this is a sports message not a english lit page if it was I think we all have some faults. Most times I'm rushing my response and don't have time to make lit corrections. Hey after his 4 years maybe he can be our qb .

BUSH FOR QB IN 2008

Back
Top Bottom