Fritz Pollard: Minorities Should Wait to Interview for GM Post | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fritz Pollard: Minorities Should Wait to Interview for GM Post

dumbest strategy and advise I have ever heard in my life. Regardless of the position structure....... Your title is GM!.. It is another stepping stone for what your goal is. Can't believe this is the advise that they would give. don't interview for a position because it is not clear on the structure of the organization. That is found out in the interview. You interview for the job and if you don't like it.....DON'T TAKE IT!!!!!!!

Already replied on another thread, but I am against the statement by the Fritz Pollard Alliance. Let the candidates interview and then decide for themselves if the position is worth it. They'll find the truth in the interview and then make sure their powers are clearly spelled out in any contract language. I think FPA was too aggressive in their stance on this one.

A job is freaking job. Screw all of them if being a "talent evaluator" isn't good enough for them. I hope nobody they represent ever gets a job!

This is nonsense. Telling a racial group not to interview for a position (most likely a promotion from where they are) unless they are given the power deemed necessary...by who....Pollard??? So is he trying to rewrite every position title in every NFL front office so that it fits what he sees as being suitable for his black colleagues?

There shouldn't even be a Rooney rule, and there definitely shouldn't be a group that supports any certain race being given jobs in the NFL. Stop showcasing color and just showcase the people. If we all stop seeing someone's skin color we would be a much better society. Nobody should get a job because of the color of their skin, NOBODY!

I'm wondering how the Rams got minorities to interview before hiring Les Snead into what has to have been the most emasculated "GM" position available - essentially being the go-fer for a power-hungry HC with organizational oversight whose claim to fame was at that point 6 winning seasons out of more than 16. Did they inform their members that this would be a glorified errand-boy for a mediocre, egotistical "white man?" I'm truly curious how that one was depicted and judged.

I also don't hear them banging on the table about Tampa Bay where Lovie Smith has full roster control as well.

This is nonsense. Telling a racial group not to interview for a position (most likely a promotion from where they are) unless they are given the power deemed necessary...by who....Pollard??? So is he trying to rewrite every position title in every NFL front office so that it fits what he sees as being suitable for his black colleagues?

There shouldn't even be a Rooney rule, and there definitely shouldn't be a group that supports any certain race being given jobs in the NFL. Stop showcasing color and just showcase the people. If we all stop seeing someone's skin color we would be a much better society. Nobody should get a job because of the color of their skin, NOBODY!

You should probably use Google to avoid sounding like someone that...well...hasn't used the most simple tool at your disposal.

I agree with you to the extent that we should stop showcasing color, and as for Fritz- Pollard, it's just like any other organization you choose to
sell your soul to. Ever notice how there are so many people in your life that are your "Boss"....You know..People that are telling YOU how to
conduct your life, and how to act?

Back
Top Bottom