From What I Hear About Rosen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From What I Hear About Rosen

You may have made those numbers up, but your math is still wrong. :lol:

The chance of Rosen or 2020QB being the answer would actually only be about 65% in this scenario. You forgot to do some subtraction, my man.
Bayes 101... Common mistake to not account for the overlap...

Last edited:
Only Jay Fiedler was Jewish.

Sage and Josh have Jewish fathers, non-Jewish mothers.

Josh identifies as Jewish, Sage does not.

In the Jewish religion your mother must be Jewish to be considered Jewish.

You got me there. But the nose knows ya know?

RT is an intellectual as well and I always thought that was a positive.

What really matters though is how you integrate yourself with a room full of guys who are for the most part, meatheads. I say meatheads endearingly, fully aware that many of them are smarter than I.

That’s where RT really failed. He couldn’t manafacture leadership with guys who didn’t really know him outside the building. I think Aaron Rodgers has really failed in the same way. He let a whole decade go by without a 2nd title. I say that fully recognizing his ability and just being bitter that he hasn’t dented Tom Brady’s throne despite being a better individual player.

Jarvis Landry could’ve saved a lot of people’s jobs. Again, I say this as someone who was in favor of trading his last year after his salary demands were revealed. But a year or two earlier a modest extension could’ve been possible if RT interveneed.

If Landry had been drafted by New England, he’d be nearing talks on his third NFL contract by seasons end.

In hindsight we needed Landry to leave last year in order to start over with people who understand teamwork.

Josh Rosen needed to be somewhere he had the best chance at success. Miami is that place.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...d-Knocks-Tannehill-doesn-t-know-his-divisions

What is more important than being an intellectual is the ability to process information quickly. RT didn't have that.

Marino only scored a 16 on the wonderlic, however he processed information quickly. In an interview in which Coach Shula was asked about Marino's greatest asset and his response was "It didn't take long for information to go from his brain to his arm or his brain to his feet." Marino wouldn't of won a foot race against offense linemen, but there was no better QB at maneuvering in the pocket or getting rid of the ball.

Speed of CPU >>>> level of intelligence

That's one the glaring questions with Rosen, "How fast is his CPU?"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...d-Knocks-Tannehill-doesn-t-know-his-divisions

What is more important than being an intellectual is the ability to process information quickly. RT didn't have that.

Marino only scored a 16 on the wonderlic, however he processed information quickly. In an interview in which Coach Shula was asked about Marino's greatest asset and his response was "It didn't take long for information to go from his brain to his arm or his brain to his feet." Marino wouldn't of won a foot race against offense linemen, but there was no better QB at maneuvering in the pocket or getting rid of the ball.

Good post.

Quite a few of Rosen’s highlights from last season include throws under a lot of pressure.

It's usually the opposite. I work with a bunch of smart people. Every one of them think they are the smartest in the room, and work really hard to convince everyone else.

Little do they know, I'm actually the smartest.
What's funny is that my dad always told me there is one idiot in every room, but I've never been able to find one.

When a QB takes the next step the processing of information becomes a natural. Coaches and QBs speak of "the game slows down for them". That process usually begins during the 1st year but no later than the 2nd year. There are QBs who are a natural at the position and they need less time and some take a little longer. And then there are those for whom the game never "slows down".
Rosen never had a chance in Arizona. His normal rookie mistakes were compounded by horrible coaching decision and awful "talent" surrounding him. He did not get any help from anybody whatsoever.

Our stint with us will be his second rookie season. He definitely will learn from his first year about stuff he should not do. In a perfect world I would let him sit for the first couple of games and let him watch a vet like Fitzpatrick operate the offense.
Maybe the first three games: vs Ravens, vs Pats and @ Cowboys
Let him have his first start in friendly confines of HRS against the Chargers. That game will be followed by another home game against the Redskins before heading to Buffalo.
The only way I would start him from game one will be if he clearly outplays Fitzpatrick in the offseason. If we **** this up he will turn into another Ryan Leaf. If we give him all the help he needs and put him into a position to succeed we might be looking at our future franchise QB.

On average an Ashkenazi Jew has a IQ of 115. No doubt Rosen is smarter than three-fourths of the guys on this team. But does he have the drive and work ethic like a Julian Edlemen? Chances are Josh Rosen will be the next Jay Fiedler or Sage Rosenfels.

Jay Fiedler?... noodle arm?... no

When a QB takes the next step the processing of information becomes a natural. Coaches and QBs speak of "the game slows down for them". That process usually begins during the 1st year but no later than the 2nd year. There are QBs who are a natural at the position and they need less time and some take a little longer. And then there are those for whom the game never "slows down".
Rosen never had a chance in Arizona. His normal rookie mistakes were compounded by horrible coaching decision and awful "talent" surrounding him. He did not get any help from anybody whatsoever.

Our stint with us will be his second rookie season. He definitely will learn from his first year about stuff he should not do. In a perfect world I would let him sit for the first couple of games and let him watch a vet like Fitzpatrick operate the offense.
Maybe the first three games: vs Ravens, vs Pats and @ Cowboys
Let him have his first start in friendly confines of HRS against the Chargers. That game will be followed by another home game against the Redskins before heading to Buffalo.
The only way I would start him from game one will be if he clearly outplays Fitzpatrick in the offseason. If we **** this up he will turn into another Ryan Leaf. If we give him all the help he needs and put him into a position to succeed we might be looking at our future franchise QB.

I like this much better than I did yesterday... he has a chance to seize this job, he has the arm and smarts... hopefully he does.

If not, nothing stopping us from going after Tua or Trevor 2 drafts from now....keep rolling over the trade equity!

Back
Top Bottom