Frustrated by our FO/POOR free-agency management by 'phins... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Frustrated by our FO/POOR free-agency management by 'phins...

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
Well apparently i am the only one frustrated....

Did anyone else notice that we didn't really get ANYONE we wanted at ANY position? we lost out on Brunell, Johnson, Garcia, and just about everyone else settling for a person that no one expected and hardly seems like a "savior."

We got rid of a lot of guys on our OL and replaced them with guys who we did not originally have on our list with guys who are of the same ability (or maybe slightly better in the case of james).

our WR situation is still a mess. We lost a pro-bowler on defense and haven't put anyone in his place yet. We are looking at losing another pro-bowler.....

what are we doing? has no one else noticed this? i am not as satisfied as a lot of you are, and feel thus far in Free Agency, we are moving backwards.

-tex

I think you are too lazy. There are many people who are frustrated.

Miami never was going to replace Marion. They feel they already have a replacement in Freeman.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
Well apparently i am the only one frustrated....

Did anyone else notice that we didn't really get ANYONE we wanted at ANY position? we lost out on Brunell, Johnson, Garcia, and just about everyone else settling for a person that no one expected and hardly seems like a "savior."

We got rid of a lot of guys on our OL and replaced them with guys who we did not originally have on our list with guys who are of the same ability (or maybe slightly better in the case of james).

our WR situation is still a mess. We lost a pro-bowler on defense and haven't put anyone in his place yet. We are looking at losing another pro-bowler.....

what are we doing? has no one else noticed this? i am not as satisfied as a lot of you are, and feel thus far in Free Agency, we are moving backwards.

-tex
that's why God created hard liquour and controlled substances bud...ease your mind;)

I think your are way off base with this post - this is already a much better team than 7 days ago.

I think the Fins FO should shoulder the blame. They couldve had Woody and everyone is saying its b/c the Lions didnt let him go but RS said that theres only os high you can go for a guy so we let him fall thru b/c of $$ issues. Tait was bad luck where he was using us for leverage. Damian shoudlnt have ever happened - when the guy gets here and we start contract negotiations have him take a physical. Of course the Fins are #1 in addressing positions that are not so much in need as CB. T-Buck wouldve been resigned for cheaper and would be a good mickel back.

Re: Re: Frustrated by our FO/POOR free-agency management by 'phins...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
that's why God created hard liquour and controlled substances bud...ease your mind;)

:D

i am enjoying the offerings of percocets right now, my friend :)
(damn wisdom teeth!)

Originally posted by Boomer
I think your are way off base with this post - this is already a much better team than 7 days ago.

i saw your post, think it was an excellent one, and i agree with it to a point. i think the people we DID get will "suffice", and we may progress...

what i was commenting on is how we didn't get anyone, ANYONE, we set out to get. thats just poor FA work.... i don't think anyone we got is worlds better than who they replaced (except maybe Jeno James).

so in essense, your post is dead-on about weeding out the unnecessaries, but i do not agree in the Problem-solving aspect of it.

-tex

Originally posted by Section126
How can you argue with 0 for 4?

Rick CAN turn it around though.........

love the sig!

you will be able to add Rivers as #5 to that in a coupla months ;)

Originally posted by Section126
How can you argue with 0 for 4?

Rick CAN turn it around though.........

Rick gutting the old offensive line...8 mil

Rick replacing Marion with Freeman...1 mil

Rick choosing to pick up a WR in the draft...900,000

The endless line of dolphin cry baby fans:cry: :cry: :cry: ...PRICELESS

LMAO...:lol:

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

love the sig!

you will be able to add Rivers as #5 to that in a coupla months ;)

How do you figure Rivers will be a FO mistake? If he isn't available, what would you have spielman do, clone him, then accelerate his growth process so he can start next yr? And if he is available, and we do not select him, how is that a FO mistake, simply means the FO didn't want him.

You make little sense dawg.

Originally posted by DolFinatic718

Rick gutting the old offensive line...8 mil

Rick replacing Marion with Freeman...1 mil

Rick choosing to pick up a WR in the draft...900,000

LMAO...:lol:

And where exactly did we get better in those three things you posted?

Originally posted by Boomer

Your %100 correct sir.

Originally posted by plc001

How do you figure Rivers will be a FO mistake? If he isn't available, what would you have spielman do, clone him, then accelerate his growth process so he can start next yr? And if he is available, and we do not select him, how is that a FO mistake, simply means the FO didn't want him.

You make little sense dawg.

if he is gone by 20 then no mistake is made. but if anyone other than a QB is taken at the 20th overall pick, i think we are making a mistake.

unlike a lot of bandwagoners on this site, i stick to my guns. We said on the last day of the regular season, we need a QB at our pick #1 (unless we get Brunell or Ramsey). we didn't get either of those guys. we got a 3rd stringer from Philly. He may be another Fiedler, he may not, we don't know. But we need a new fresh QB that we can groom behind this guy for a couple of years - there isn't this much depth at the QB position in the draft each year, i think we need to take advantage of what we have.

a good QB is WAYYYYY more rare than a good WR, and since there is soooo many WR's available, i think we should tackle the QB in the first round. my opinion. Of the QB's that would be available at 20, i think Rivers is the best all around.

does that clear things up?
-tex

How do you know we didn't get who we set out to get? Because the Herald said so?? Come on. Would you rather we overpaid for John Tait, the 5th best OLman on the Chiefs, who is 30 years old at seasons start and who isn't tough enough? Or Damian Woody who the SB winning Patriots deemed surplus to requirements and for whom the Lions seriously overpaid?

In terms of who else we "missed" - Brunell never was given the opportunity to speak to us and if we had given up a 3rd rounder for him, that would have been ridiculous. Johnson...I assume that's Brad Johnson....who is about to be replaced by Jeff Garcia....and there was no firm steer that the 9ers were going to let him go.

We signed a top quality LG, a 2 year starting CB who will really help our defense, one of the best STers in the league - we lost a well respected RT solely because HE FAILED HIS PHYSICAL.

I think the majority of people believe only what the local rag tells them and would like to see a team stocked full of players that they have heard of, despite their talents or otherwise, rather than actually signing good, solid players for the right money, when you consider we have a Pro Bowl DE who needs a contract and a star tb, #1 WR and great looking TE who all need new contracts in a years time.

And ANYONE who thinks Miami is drafting Philip Rivers is delusional beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom