Funny thing about BP haters! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny thing about BP haters!

3rdandinches

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
The more I watch and listen to all that is the NFL I constantly hear references to BP and his philosophies. S.Payton quotes BP right after winning the Superbowl, NFL great G.Brandt always telling respected stories about BP etc....I can't name them all but it's daily not weekly that he's spoken so highly of from his peers.

So I ask why when the best in the buisness respect this guy for what he has done and what still continues to do, do people here go out of their way to slam him at every little move? Now don't get me wrong all his touches do not turn into gold but who has the golden touch? All the greats you can list have the same mistakes, misses and question marks. But when the big picture is the most important judgement, then where can you find a great deal of fault in the two years of reconstruction of our beloved Dolphins.

We are in position to take that next step from rebuilding to contending and I'm not speaking of this year for contention. I'm saying this year will give us the biggest window to see what small changes are needed to constantly threaten to not only win our division but threaten for AFC Championships. That window is Hennes game, Henne will give us the biggest answers. If he steps up then replacing a guard or RB, a OLB or a Safety is nothing and all the great teams do it every year with different positions.

There are no other glaring holes in this team (LT, QB, DE, Pass rusher are all here long term) that can't be fixed by a FA aquisition next offseason, Dansby and Marshall were enourmous chips to have collected in this past one. We can argue certain positions are still uncertain/developing but all hinges on Henne in my humble opinion. BP has a proven track record of turning over the entire roster in a couple years and constantly turning over that bottom 3rd of the roster after that. Keeping positional competition to drive players to their best and finding those diamounds that make up for any missed draft picks or busted FA pick ups, see Polite, Bess and Starks as classic examples.

I don't like a few moves he's made but in the big picture we are on track and the future is bright. Henne ultimately will seal BP's fate and holds the key to the fans pride of this franchise. It certainly will be a fun year to watch!!!

I know I won't change the mind of any BP bashers, even Superbowl wins will be argued that it was because of someone else, lol, but I for one is proud that BP has made our franchise something to speak about again.

Parcells is a HOF coach... One of the best there's ever been.. I'm not sure anyone is disputing that. But as a front office executive/buying groceries, etc.. average.

In one sentence you say the QB position is fixed long term... in the next sentence you say that Parcells fate depends on Henne.. which is it?

Overall, I am happy with where our team is at. I don't put to much stock into the preseason, which seems to be what a few posters here have done. We will know how good this team really is a couple weeks into the season. Everything Parcells and Co. touched may not have turned to gold, but I think we got so much more talent on this team than we have in a long while.

This regime is head and shoulders above the FO and head coaches we have had here in the past ten years. They are competent, they have an identity, and they have turned a laughable 1-15 team a few seasons ago into a team who will compete for a playoff spot or more. I think this team is on the verge of taking a big step this year and I really do believe Henne is the real deal. I can see us pushing the Patsies for the AFC East title. When it is all said and done, Parcells and Co. were the best thing to happen to this organization in the past ten years.

For me its his stubborness and refusal to get with the times. athletic TE Bill. dont make me fly down there..........

For me its his stubborness and refusal to get with the times. athletic TE Bill. dont make me fly down there..........

yeah same here. the game has evolved past what he built this team to be.

not a 'hating' type of thing - just would rather be a passing team.

The only gripe I have with Bill Parcells is that his philosophies are getting stale. You don't need an elite defense or running game to win Super Bowls anymore (Patriots, Colts, Saints).

You can't hate on Bill Parcells though. He rescued this franchise from the abyss, something that Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Tampa Bay, St. Louis and Kansas City, among others, are still trying to do to this day. And while we may not have reached Everest, I say we're doing alright.

agreed. the days of just lining up in the jumbo and ramming it down your opponents throat for 60 mins times 16 weeks are over. you still need to be able to run the ball effectively, but the game has opened up quite a bit and he refuses to acknowledge that. I hope Jeff Ireland is less stubborn.

The only gripe I have with Bill Parcells is that his philosophies are getting stale. You don't need an elite defense or running game to win Super Bowls anymore (Patriots, Colts, Saints).

You can't hate on Bill Parcells though. He rescued this franchise from the abyss, something that Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Tampa Bay, St. Louis and Kansas City, among others, are still trying to do to this day.

but again, this team was so devoid of talent any football minds with some common sense could have rebuilt things. the easy part is what he has done. the hard part now is going from being a "solid' team to being a team that can consistently win 10+ games for the next 7-10 years. when Bill does that, Ill bow down...

but again, this team was so devoid of talent any football minds with some common sense could have rebuilt things. the easy part is what he has done. the hard part now is going from being a "solid' team to being a team that can consistently win 10+ games for the next 7-10 years. when Bill does that, Ill bow down...

That job is Jeff Ireland's now.
Bill made us relevant in NFL circles again. We are NOT Oakland, or Cleveland, or Detroit, or St. Louis, or even Washington who has been "rebuilding" since the mid 1990s.

That job is Jeff Ireland's now.
Bill made us relevant in NFL circles again. We are NOT Oakland, or Cleveland, or Detroit, or St. Louis, or even Washington who has been "rebuilding" since the mid 1990s.

The Raiders were in the superbowl 7 years ago... The Rams won the superbowl in 1999... and in it again in 2001

The only gripe I have with Bill Parcells is that his philosophies are getting stale. You don't need an elite defense or running game to win Super Bowls anymore (Patriots, Colts, Saints)

Those defenses the Pats had for their three Super Bowl titles were damn good.

The Raiders were in the superbowl 7 years ago... The Rams won the superbowl in 1999... and in it again in 2001

10 years ago was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago in NFL years. It's all about the now. What have you done for me lately? zilch.

Overall, I am happy with where our team is at. I don't put to much stock into the preseason, which seems to be what a few posters here have done. We will know how good this team really is a couple weeks into the season. Everything Parcells and Co. touched may not have turned to gold, but I think we got so much more talent on this team than we have in a long while.

This regime is head and shoulders above the FO and head coaches we have had here in the past ten years. They are competent, they have an identity, and they have turned a laughable 1-15 team a few seasons ago into a team who will compete for a playoff spot or more. I think this team is on the verge of taking a big step this year and I really do believe Henne is the real deal. I can see us pushing the Patsies for the AFC East title. When it is all said and done, Parcells and Co. were the best thing to happen to this organization in the past ten years.

I agree with some of it... but 3 one-legged rodeo clowns would've been better than what we've seen recently...

Saying these guys are the best thing to happen to this organization in 10 years is like saying being stuffed in a compactor is the best thing that's happened to a totaled out vehicle...

Basically you're saying that the bar is so low that some posters off this site could've made a 1-15 team better... which they could.

10 years ago was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago in NFL years. It's all about the now. What have you done for me lately? zilch.

Well you're not rebuilding since the mid 1990's if you're playing in superbowls...

Miami has been rebuilding since 1983...

Back
Top Bottom