Funny thing about BP haters! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny thing about BP haters!

I agree with some of it... but 3 one-legged rodeo clowns would've been better than what we've seen recently...

Saying these guys are the best thing to happen to this organization in 10 years is like saying being stuffed in a compactor is the best thing that's happened to a totaled out vehicle...

Basically you're saying that the bar is so low that some posters off this site could've made a 1-15 team better... which they could.

The bar was low, but that does not mean we don't have a lot of good young talent on this team. Like I said, I like where out team is at right now. It is just my opinion and we will not know who is right until the teams start play this sunday.

To consistently win 10 games year in and out like NE, Indy, Philly, Pitt etc you need a qb. Thats the one constant. After 16 games this year, hopefully we have a better idea whether or not Miami has to hit the drawing board there once again.

agreed. the days of just lining up in the jumbo and ramming it down your opponents throat for 60 mins times 16 weeks are over. you still need to be able to run the ball effectively, but the game has opened up quite a bit and he refuses to acknowledge that. I hope Jeff Ireland is less stubborn.

And yet "7" of the past 10 Super Bowl champions have ranked 11th or BELOW in passage...including teams that ranked 17th, 21st, 22nd, 22nd, and 24th.

Parcells is a HOF coach... One of the best there's ever been.. I'm not sure anyone is disputing that. But as a front office executive/buying groceries, etc.. average.

In one sentence you say the QB position is fixed long term... in the next sentence you say that Parcells fate depends on Henne.. which is it?

It's exactly what I said, Henne will tell us this year. We all knew with T.Green, Fiedler, Lemon, Culpepper, Feeley
and even Pennington that the QB position was still a part that held us back, with Henne we see potential for us to become elite. That's a major difference and we're not there yet but that's why I also stated that this year will be the window into our future. Henne has to progress like most of us feel he will do and again knew the others before him couldn't.

The only gripe I have with Bill Parcells is that his philosophies are getting stale. You don't need an elite defense or running game to win Super Bowls anymore (Patriots, Colts, Saints).

You can't hate on Bill Parcells though. He rescued this franchise from the abyss, something that Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Tampa Bay, St. Louis and Kansas City, among others, are still trying to do to this day. And while we may not have reached Everest, I say we're doing alright.

The Saints rushed the ball amongest the highest percentages in the NFL, the Pats haven't won since they've abandoned the run and the defense continued to age. The Pats had one of the best defenses in football each year they won, Indies only win was the year their defense played great in the playoffs, NO is exactly like the Colts, they had the genie in the bottle year defensively and unless they continue to try to improve it I highly doubt they see another Superbow, NO will win there share of regular season games because of their offense but they will continue to lose because the defense isn't good enough for the playoffs and they will never see a year of turnovers like they did last year. NYG beat NE because of their defense and ground game, while NE couldnt run the ball to slow down the Giant pass rush.

BP trades for a "diva" WR and yet he's still stuck in the stone ages???? NYJ go to the AFC championship game with no pass game to speak of but great defense and a solid run game, Minnesota goes to the NFC championship with a great run game and excellent defense and if not for 6 turnovers they'd be the 2009 Superbowl champions but defense and run game doesn't do you any good anymore right?

I see us being built to run and throw and trying to get the defense up to snuff, I don't see where that's stale.

parcells is the man, and alot of ppl jumped ship thinking he just bailed...but really this is a natural transistion and its time for ireland to have the formal last say. but parcells is still right there, so its fine. And look at Dallas, they won the NFC east last year and constantly go to the playoffs...that had alot to do with parcells too. Same with the Pats, he got them to the SB than his protege did the rest a few years later. he also took the jets to the afc championship in 98 ... and sean payton is his protege as well. Guy is a great football icon and im glad he left his mark on the Phins, he set us up with a solid frame to continue contending, insstead of dwellin in mediocrity.

The Saints rushed the ball amongest the highest percentages in the NFL, the Pats haven't won since they've abandoned the run and the defense continued to age. The Pats had one of the best defenses in football each year they won, Indies only win was the year their defense played great in the playoffs, NO is exactly like the Colts, they had the genie in the bottle year defensively and unless they continue to try to improve it I highly doubt they see another Superbow, NO will win there share of regular season games because of their offense but they will continue to lose because the defense isn't good enough for the playoffs and they will never see a year of turnovers like they did last year. NYG beat NE because of their defense and ground game, while NE couldnt run the ball to slow down the Giant pass rush.

BP trades for a "diva" WR and yet he's still stuck in the stone ages???? NYJ go to the AFC championship game with no pass game to speak of but great defense and a solid run game, Minnesota goes to the NFC championship with a great run game and excellent defense and if not for 6 turnovers they'd be the 2009 Superbowl champions but defense and run game doesn't do you any good anymore right?

I see us being built to run and throw and trying to get the defense up to snuff, I don't see where that's stale.

you'll never win man, ppl just dont understand it. they want a gunslinger and a spread offense. they dont care if we go 12-4 every year and lose in the playoffs b/c we have no solid run game or defense. they just wanna be stacked at the skill posistions and chuck the ball around, you cannot save them.

The only gripe I have with Bill Parcells is that his philosophies are getting stale. You don't need an elite defense or running game to win Super Bowls anymore (Patriots, Colts, Saints).

You can't hate on Bill Parcells though. He rescued this franchise from the abyss, something that Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Tampa Bay, St. Louis and Kansas City, among others, are still trying to do to this day. And while we may not have reached Everest, I say we're doing alright.

We can scratch Kansas City off of that list.

EricBerryclouds-1.jpg

you'll never win man, ppl just dont understand it. they want a gunslinger and a spread offense. they dont care if we go 12-4 every year and lose in the playoffs b/c we have no solid run game or defense. they just wanna be stacked at the skill posistions and chuck the ball around, you cannot save them.

Yeah because being stacked at skill positions and chucking the ball around (Minn, N.O., Indy) is NOT what we want. We want ****ty Henning offense, a porous secondary (half our starting secondary is a ****ing joke), and a bum at QB.

I'm so ****ing tired of the homers and their "homer punch" drunk posts. People just don't understand? Maybe people ****ing understand that we've missed the playoffs 7 of the last 8 seasons and haven't won a playoff game in a decade. Maybe people understand that we haven't had a franchise QB in years. Maybe people understand that we haven't seen a Super Bowl in 25 years, haven't won one in almost 40. It's getting tired and "fans" like you are such a ****ing joke. Maybe you need to understand the facts and why this organization needs to get its **** together and reward the fans with SMART decisions and join the WINNING teams in their philosophies.

Yeah because being stacked at skill positions and chucking the ball around (Minn, N.O., Indy) is NOT what we want. We want ****ty Henning offense, a porous secondary (half our starting secondary is a ****ing joke), and a bum at QB.

I'm so ****ing tired of the homers and their "homer punch" drunk posts. People just don't understand? Maybe people ****ing understand that we've missed the playoffs 7 of the last 8 seasons and haven't won a playoff game in a decade. Maybe people understand that we haven't had a franchise QB in years. Maybe people understand that we haven't seen a Super Bowl in 25 years, haven't won one in almost 40. It's getting tired and "fans" like you are such a ****ing joke. Maybe you need to understand the facts and why this organization needs to get its **** together and reward the fans with SMART decisions and join the WINNING teams in their philosophies.

Funny thing is the post you slam is explaining exactly what you state your sick of. He and I want to build a constant winner, not a regular season champ and wimper away come playoff time. Then you state to be like Minni, NO and Minn lol. Minnesota has one of the best run games and defenses in the game, Indy has 12 wins every year and 1 whole Superbowl to show for it, NO is doing the exact same thing as Indy...win lots of games and chioke in the playoffs. Now I will atleast give NO a chance to win some more but their defense still seems weak to me and they will absolutely not repeat that turnover ratio again which is the real reason they won the Superbowl.

Funny how you can slam BP for 40 years of not being in the Superbowl and missed playoffs forever. I didn't realize it was his fault let alone his personnel moves are why that happened, lol! I'm not "homer punch" drunk either by any means, but I don't rip rookies for being rookies or developing players for not being probowlers after 2 years, I don't rip signed FA's when the intention was to improve an area needed to be improved but I guess if that makes me a homer because of that then what can I do, duh. It sucks but I'd rather try and miss then not try at all!!! Overall you have to be "anti homer" drunk if you don't think we're headed in the right direction. As I stated in the OP Henne will make or break this franchise. Nothing homer about that!

I don't care to make people understand, most have preconceived notions that they will never let go. I just find it funny that people think that you the run game and defense has nothing to do with football any more. NE dominates the league and wins 3 Superbowls when they had a great defense and a solid run game but along comes Indy and they win 1 Superbowl and that means all has changed lol. And since NE has abandoned a true run game and allowed it's defense to get old they have won zero Superbowls. NO ran the ball a tonne and created turnovers out the whazzoo but their a passing team, lol. NE's BB states they need to get back to the run game but he is becoming a n old dinasaur aswell I guess.

Henne throws for over 300 yards in a few of our games but we still have the old mentality of pound the ball all game long, lol. We go out and trade multiple gold draft picks for a stud WR but BP is stuck with his out dated philosophies, lol.

It's funny garbage that's argued as fact, lol!

I too am frustrated that BP hasn't had us in 5 Superbowls yet going into his 3rd year, lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom