Funny thing about BP haters! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny thing about BP haters!

I think people are forgetting the other things Parcells brings to a team. You guys don't want to give credit for his work in Dallas because it was 3 years ago or a year or 2 after he left he Jets or even here. He brings pro atmosphere to the team. He brings in hard work habits and sets the team up to learn and develop. These things don't go away after he leaves only after it goes stale. The coaches, scounts and players he leaves behind have learned how to do their job better thus make the team better. Lets be honest, coaches and scouts also need to develop, he accelerates that. Because he holds everyone accountable and at a high level each learns to work this way. Its the same as having a vet teach young players how to be a pro. Its talked about all the time. BP does the same with an organization. BP is like Buffett but in a football sense. He can take parts that aren't working well and puts them in the right spots to succeed. Just looking at Dallas, Romo and Austin are to cornerstones of that team. They bought in to his teaching. They work hard at being a pro. Some guys get it on their own like Brady, Manning, and Brees, this is why they are great players. Not their physical attributes but their study habits, they extra work they put in. Parcells brings this attitude to the entire team and organization. If any of you have worked for a great boss also have had this experience, even after they leave you still work as hard as they taught you because thats how you succeed. Its not a myth Parcells brings winning to teams because he instill it in every aspect of the organization. That is what some of you seem to forget or acknowledge.

Sorry dude but I think you are dead wrong about this... I don't see a ton of comments or threads that don't accept BP as an accomplished and respected football mind... I think that most of the so called BP 'haters' do NOT question his ability to turn programs around quickly or restore them to respectability... If respectability is all you are after then he is the best EVER.

I think most call him out on his inability or unwillingness to FINISH THE JOB. To take the final step... And yet somehow... Incredibly... He is credited when franchises take those final steps long after he is gone!

I think you are correct that when it comes to the product on the field he does demand professionalism and a commitment to team above all else... Fair enough... Yet in all other areas he is DESPERATELY lacking of the same.

Right now at a time when all of these changes have cast a shadow on the team and fostered ENORMOUS doubt heading into the season... A true leader... A PROFESSIONAL leader would STEP FORWARD... not BACKWARD. A professional would stand up and DEAL with these issues, be a calming influence and HELP the situation not ADD TO IT. The team needs Bill right now... The fans need to be reassured and what does he do???? He steps further into the shadows.

I don't think me or any of the other BP 'haters' are surprised by this... Doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

I think you I have a very different opinion of what being a professional really is.

Sorry dude but I think you are dead wrong about this... I don't see a ton of comments or threads that don't accept BP as an accomplished and respected football mind... I think that most of the so called BP 'haters' do NOT question his ability to turn programs around quickly or restore them to respectability... If respectability is all you are after then he is the best EVER.

I think most call him out on his inability or unwillingness to FINISH THE JOB. To take the final step... And yet somehow... Incredibly... He is credited when franchises take those final steps long after he is gone!

I think you are correct that when it comes to the product on the field he does demand professionalism and a commitment to team above all else... Fair enough... Yet in all other areas he is DESPERATELY lacking of the same.

Right now at a time when all of these changes have cast a shadow on the team and fostered ENORMOUS doubt heading into the season... A true leader... A PROFESSIONAL leader would STEP FORWARD... not BACKWARD. A professional would stand up and DEAL with these issues, be a calming influence and HELP the situation not ADD TO IT. The team needs Bill right now... The fans need to be reassured and what does he do???? He steps further into the shadows.

I don't think me or any of the other BP 'haters' are surprised by this... Doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

I think you I have a very different opinion of what being a professional really is.

I think you missed what I was saying. People don't give credit for a few years down the road to Parcells but its his influence on the organization, which goes all the way up to the owners, on how a team should be run. Look at all the great coaches who run their teams like BP. They are all very good programs because they learned from him.

And last time I checked he was sitting right next to Ireland the day after the annoucement. Its been in the works. In the shadows, for all we know he is doing the exact same thing just without the title. You have no place to say what is going on unless you work for the Dolphins. Don't give me unprofessional, he wasn't the lead dog and didn't want to be the focal point of this team since day 1 hence 1 press conference. He wanted the credit to go to Ireland and Sparano. A GREAT Leader always is in the shadows, downplays his influence and directs the credit to the people who work for him. Who has doubt? The players? The coaches? All I keep reading about is winning games and being great. Oh I see... you have doubt along with all the other chicken littles got it. These shadows your talking about are made by the media and people who are worried but aren't in the dressing room or the team meetings. Tell me what issues, changes and turmoil your talking about? We cut some players who everyone on this board fell in love with after some preseason games. They maybe right they may be wrong. Such is life. What else??

Oh and I never gave him credit for what the team did after him. I said he creates a great atmosphere which people learn to be pro athletes, coaches, scouts, or whatever your position is on the team or within the organization.

Respectablilty, come on. That's all you'll give him. Pats, SuperBowl appearance. Jets, AFC Championship game. Dallas, stupid QB sucks in the playoffs year after year and drops the snap on a field goal to win game. Last time I checked we haven't been anywhere near any of the things about in a long time.

Seriously? All 3 of those teams are SB contenders and we're staring at another .500 season and you dare to talk about their weaknesses? How about the laundry list of weaknesses on this team? TE, CB, S, offensive coordinator, etc. Talk to me when this team is called a SB contender, because they aren't even close at this point. Not even ****ing close.

I didn't say we we're contenders right now, I did say everything hinges on Henne though. Every team has weaknesses and ours are no greater then others, their just different. We're closer to being a contender then we are a doormat and we we're a doormat three years ago. That's good news for us, whether you agree or not.

I didn't say we we're contenders right now, I did say everything hinges on Henne though. Every team has weaknesses and ours are no greater then others, their just different. We're closer to being a contender then we are a doormat and we we're a doormat three years ago. That's good news for us, whether you agree or not.

Our weaknesses are no greater than others? I don't agree. The Lions weaknesses are no greater than the Colts?

Our weaknesses are no greater than others? I don't agree. The Lions weaknesses are no greater than the Colts?

The Colts have major Oline issues, no run game what so ever and defensive issues, but they have an all time great QB to mask alot. Oh and did I say that our success hinges on Henne, if he plays at a high level then he too will mask our little issues.

The Colts have major Oline issues, no run game what so ever and defensive issues, but they have an all time great QB to mask alot. Oh and did I say that our succelittle issues?ss hinges on Henne, if he plays at a high level then he too will mask our little issues.

Little issues? Jason Allen is starting at corner! If we weren't playing Trent Edwards that is 21pts.

Little issues? Jason Allen is starting at corner! If we weren't playing Trent Edwards that is 21pts.

And I'll go with the fact that competition is a heavy factor at camp and Sparano felt J.Allen was playing well enough to beat out S.Smith.

Again another classic quote about a player who apparently doesn't get the right to develope. And no I'm not saying JA is going to be great blah, blah, blah.......I just have the ability to see that there possibly good be good news out of this, maybe just maybe JA has turned the corner. But I guess that's another reason to call me a "drunk homer" for some!

And I'll go with the fact that competition is a heavy factor at camp and Sparano felt J.Allen was playing well enough to beat out S.Smith.

Again another classic quote about a player who apparently doesn't get the right to develope. And no I'm not saying JA is going to be great blah, blah, blah.......I just have the ability to see that there possibly good be good news out of this, maybe just maybe JA has turned the corner. But I guess that's another reason to call me a "drunk homer" for some!

You know what you aquaberry Kool-Aid drunk homer ;-) just kidding. I actually agree I have been on Smith since midway through last year. He is a goon in coverage, but none the less Allen scares me! When the ball is thrown his way I will be cringing.

you say heavy running games and great defenses dont make the same difference? here are the past few super bowl champions... saints (top 10 run game) led league in turnovers; team they beat- colts. the same athletic tight end(dallas clark), and high powered offense colts!

Steelers (number 1 defense) beat the Cardinals.. the high powered offense cardinals

Giants (great trenches, great running game) beat the patriots.. the greatest offense of all time patriots

Steelers (Number 1 defense) beat the Seahawks.. the high powered offense seahawks...

Colts- the exception..

Patriots (great running game, and great defense)

Patriots (",")

Bucs (Great Defense); Raiders (great offense)

Patriots (Great running gam, and great defense); St. Louis Rams (greatest show on turf)

You know what you aquaberry Kool-Aid drunk homer ;-) just kidding. I actually agree I have been on Smith since midway through last year. He is a goon in coverage, but none the less Allen scares me! When the ball is thrown his way I will be cringing.

hey, you know that dude Steve Johnson. he's mostly going to be matched up against Jason Allen. does it make you feel better if i tell you he's 6-2 and runs a sub-4.3 40?

you say heavy running games and great defenses dont make the same difference? here are the past few super bowl champions... saints (top 10 run game) led league in turnovers; team they beat- colts. the same athletic tight end(dallas clark), and high powered offense colts!

Steelers (number 1 defense) beat the Cardinals.. the high powered offense cardinals

Giants (great trenches, great running game) beat the patriots.. the greatest offense of all time patriots

Steelers (Number 1 defense) beat the Seahawks.. the high powered offense seahawks...

Colts- the exception..

Patriots (great running game, and great defense)

Patriots (",")

Bucs (Great Defense); Raiders (great offense)

Patriots (Great running gam, and great defense); St. Louis Rams (greatest show on turf)

The shift you are missing is that every year more pass first teams are making the playoffs and less run first. All you need to realize is last year in the AFC Championship game the leagues beat defense and number 1 rushing team could hold a 2 score lead with 30 mins to go to the leagues worst rushing team.

hey, you know that dude Steve Johnson. he's mostly going to be matched up against Jason Allen. does it make you feel better if i tell you he's 6-2 and runs a sub-4.3 40?

Yeah I am all sunshine and butterflies now! The only thing that makes me feel better is Trent Edwards! That fool couldn't hit water if he feel out of a boat.

I've said this upteen times on this forum, the way the FO went about this team is to break the current mould, not only did they want to bring in a new mould they decided not to copy-cat other teams with a nimble LT but brought in a bruiser they have decided to force the other teams hand much like the Pats would spread out teams and leave the underneath to Wes Welker... the FO wants to force teams to match to our style of play... Our LT makes teams move their light in the shorts DE to the right side the blitz is coming in Henne's face rather than his blindside in so doing the opposing team D becomes Left handed - the team is patiently coming together all the pieces aren't in place but that Vontae Davis is looking the part of the Assassin from the Oalkand Raiders

glory days..., Jack Tatum had it going on
clear.gif

This team is going to have it going on O & D and the other teams are going to have to respond to us... Follow the Methodology and you'll see we are being built to make more than a one year run at a SB... Grove was an expensive stop gap, G. Wilson was he really going to be her in the long haul. Y.Bell should be looking over his shoulder too

Back
Top Bottom